The Sorcerer's hat in DHS

tgmr.jpg

Thought this would help!

LoriMistress

To my understanding, they just build the hat because they needed a "landmark/hub." All the other parks had one, expect for DHS. My DH hates the hat. I don't mind the hat so much.

jt04

tgmr.jpg

Thought this would help!

Yes!

One look at that picture should be all it takes to explain why people hate the hat. And sooner or later sanity will return to the studios and someone will say, "you know it really was better without that hat!"

And then someone will call the company that tore down the wand and it will be GONE!:wave:

-Proud charter member of the Hat Haters union-

jt04

To my understanding, they just build the hat because they needed a "landmark/hub." All the other parks had one, expect for DHS. My DH hates the hat. I don't mind the hat so much.

That is the excuse. Wasn't the original theater facade a "landmark/hub"?

To answer my own question, yes it was.

The hat is a monument to Eisners "lost years" as CEO.

TxStateMouse

Man, that old picture sure brings back memories! It looks so clean, and classic Hollywood without the hat. I kind of miss it...well come to think of it I miss a lot of old Disney. :cry:

juscet

I love the hat and think it gives DHS that wow (in a good way) factor when you first walk in (much like the Castle in MK). The movie theatre is not as exciting and it is just a replica of the original (it's not Disney).:)

RiversideBunny

The hat, which is now the defacto park icon, should be located out front near the entrance to DH Studios. Maybe over to the right as you face the park.

It's a good hat and a good icon. Just not properly placed.
That space in front of the Great Movie Ride needs to be open, as it used to be. The Christmas tree used to go there during December and the space is needed for performances.

They can move it- there is no 'try', only do or do not.
Do.
:rolleyes:

Figment632

The hat, which is now the defacto park icon, should be located out front near the entrance to DH Studios. Maybe over to the right as you face the park.

It's a good hat and a good icon. Just not properly placed.
That space in front of the Great Movie Ride needs to be open, as it used to be. The Christmas tree used to go there during December and the space is needed for performances.

They can move it- there is no 'try', only do or do not.
Do.
:rolleyes:

It's like you read my mind!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Even the original theatre has a large obstruction built in front of it. Perhaps Disney was just adding some realism.

GCT.jpg

Just too bad we can't also have a Kodak Theatre next door to ours.

Slipknot

I remember when they would put big props from movies (i.e. the "armadillo" drill tank from Armageddon [only one I can remember at the moment]) and the Studios Christmas Tree where the hat is now. I miss those days!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom