The Sorcerer's hat in DHS

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
Is it true that they built it because they needed the Chinese Theater blocked or the owners would want money everytime an ad for the park had it filmed? That's what I read and if it's that's the case, then it's actually kinda sad. Not only because it blocks the view of the Chinese theater, but because everyone complains about the one thing that is technically keeping Disney from having to tear down TGMR

EPCOT Explorer

Urban Legend.

This is gonna be one hell of a thread.:rolleyes:
party0052.gif

DisneyJunkie

I don't know why they put it there, but I'd hoped it was only a temporary thing. It's a waste of space and ruins the front view of the GMR.

Animaniac93-98

This is gonna be one hell of a thread.:rolleyes:
party0052.gif

Indeed, I expect the following people to show up:

-The general hate the hat crowd

-The liked the Earful Tower better crowd

-The people who like the hat but don't like it's location

-The people who love that hat for whatever reason they can come up with ("it's full of kewl Disney magic" or something...)

-The people who like pins

-The peple who dislike pins

-The people who dislike the Great Movie Ride and want to add Iron Man to it for the sake of it being "awesome" in their view and therefore deserves to be placed next to Casablanca.

-The people who do like GMR and want it to get an HM kind of update

-The poeple who believe anything they read online

-The people who actually know what they are talking about

-The invited guests from House on Haunted Hill whom I invited (it was my wife's idea to have them arrive in hearses, she has such a sense of humour...)

Great!:D how would the pins get involved with this? No offense I kind of find it stupid! PLEASE LETS NOT TALK ABOUT PINS NOW LETS TALK ABOUT WHAT THE TITLE IS!!!!!

ToTBellHop

agreed--too small and too remote. I think the Sorcerer Mickey hat looks really nice (especially at night) though I agree the placement is odd. It would have done very well at the Crossroads of the World or in Animation Courtyard. Its placement sealed the coffin on the large hidden Mickey in the park, too (granted that was already on its way out in the mid-90s when they added Sunset Blvd.). Either way, it certainly detracts from the theme of the park. Then again, what is the theme of the park? The Studios has been a THEMED amusement park, not a theme park for years, now...

RedDeath

-The people who love that hat for whatever reason they can come up with ("it's full of kewl Disney magic" or something...)

-The people who dislike the Great Movie Ride and want to add Iron Man to it for the sake of it being "awesome" in their view and therefore deserves to be placed next to Casablanca.

-The invited guests from House on Haunted Hill whom I invited (it was my wife's idea to have them arrive in hearses, she has such a sense of humour...)

You know it would have been easier to say everyone. :lol:

trr1

and which one are you?

hack2112

I love pins.

Stupid f*#&*n' hat. Maybe a giant Mickey will come by to claim it and stomp all over Sounds Dangerous.

You forgot to add the I hate Sounds Dangerous crowd. They're always around.

I try to ignore the hat, but it does take away from the early morning streetmosphere.

Phonedave

No comments on hats, pins, GMR, Earfull towers, Sounds Dangerous, or any other hooha here.

Just asking if what I understand to be correct is indeed correct.

What I have "heard" from a variety of sources, is that "they" decided that the Earfull Tower was not working as a park icon / ween. They created a new one, the hat.

Me personaly I think the Hat is horrible where it is, it should have been placed 34.2 inches to the south. What were they thinking? And a pin shop inside is just a crazy waste of space. Anybody with half a mind knows it should have been a giant DVC kiosk.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom