The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Overall, the last few books of the season, you really stepped up and were a true leader of the teams you were on, and this project was definitely a passion project that while perhaps leaving some things on the table, left enough of an inspiration to be considered one of the best of Nexus Expo.
Thank you so much!!! I really did pour my heart into this project, I’m glad it shows.

Also I think Nexus Expo is my new favorite park. Everyone swung for the fences for this finale and I’m continually blown away again and again by how talented this group of people are. 💕

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@AceAstro - The Power of Play

A (better) spin on the canceled Play Pavilion - The Power of Play brings together the edge of World Humanity and World Technology to serve as a bridge between both areas of Nexus Expo.

I really like how this translates to the wider story being told throughout the park - you have the digital play side and the board game play side. Bit By Bit was a great thrill ride adding another coaster-type attraction to the park. I really enjoy how it incorporates a myriad of video games into one, like Pong, Pac-Man, and Space Race. The AR goggles will make the ride even more realistic. The progression of the coaster explaining the history of video games while at the same time being a thrill ride is a great combo for this park.

Flynn's Arcade is a neat way of incorporating things like Tron into the pavilion. This could have been something in Earlie's computer pavilion but it also fits perfectly here. Board Game Blitz was a great C ticket attraction and I like how the facade of the attraction appears to be a board game dice popper, and the video description of the ride vehicle motion was incredible! Actually this might have been one of my most favorite individual components of the park as it is so original of a concept.

The Pawn and Plate being a cafe area is a nice way to round out the pavilion. Overall, you 'played' this very well!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@Architectural Guinea Pig - The Space Pavilion

With a name like that you'd think this pavilion would specifically focus on outer space, but I love that this also focused on inner space as well. The presentation despite being slightly later than the due date was incredible to view. The map and design of the pavilion was amazing as always. I love the layout as it is so original for a Epcot style pavilion. From Soarin' Through The Cosmos to Inner Space 330, to the Antman coaster, this whole pavilion is laid out like it takes the best aspects of many Epcot pavilions and smashes them all together.

I really love the whole write up for Soarin' Through the Cosmos - I think this is such a great take on the genre and would be host to probably the best visuals in all of the park. I think the write-up felt so authentic to the actual experience that you really get a sense of everything that is going on throughout the attraction.

The Quantum Coaster - Ant-Man: Adventures in Quantum Space, I think was a great use of IP and is a subtle nod to the Microverse of Season 4 which essentially built a Microverse roller coaster through the quatum realm done by @Voxel - amazing write-up and once again the visuals were spectacular.

Well... that concludes Nexus Expo. On behalf of the cast of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8, we started with the Worlds of Wonder.... and ended with Nexus Expo. Like @Tegan pilots a chicken - I think this may be my new favorite custom imagineering park. Thanks to everyone who made it all possible!

Nexus Expo

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Finale

The screens cut to black. And there was a moment of pause, before the lights revealed where the imagineers were

The teams awoke in Disneyland Mumbai in the resprective resorts of House Akuades, House Heimlichen, and House Tintirrino.
6K2q1XK.jpeg

Not just the finalists, but everyone from the game.

"Well that was a wild ride" @Earlie the Pearlie sighed "What happened? Who did this?"

@NateD1226 replied "Feels good to be back though! Missed everyone"

The resort TVs then turned on to reveal a message... from somewhere beyond. Walt, Yensid, and Maleficent
ImsGZiW.jpeg

"We didn't want the Horned King catching up to you all, so we had you create these virtual Sorcerer's Apprentice Universes to hold your ideas safe from his wrath" Maleficent explained

"Ohh...so where is that ugly king now?" @Architectural Guinea Pig asked

"At his castle ... in the Magic Kingdom" Yensid explained " @PerGron decided to make a dark ride based on the Black Cauldron in Season 5...that's how he was able to get to this universe in the first place"

"Ah... so now we know who to blame..." a disgruntled AGP retorted

"I wouldn't say that yet" @PerGron stated "I have been keeping him busy. He thinks he has won, him and gargoyle figment have just been watching movies in the Imagineering Movie Discussion thread...I have the Sorcerer's Hat to vanquish him for good...we just need to crown a winner"

"SPACE MAKE DECISION" yelled @D Hulk

"I will....I will" I replied.

Chaos Cat

The Finale

The screens cut to black. And there was a moment of pause, before the lights revealed where the imagineers were

The teams awoke in Disneyland Mumbai in the resprective resorts of House Akuades, House Heimlichen, and House Tintirrino.
6K2q1XK.jpeg

Not just the finalists, but everyone from the game.

"Well that was a wild ride" @Earlie the Pearlie sighed "What happened? Who did this?"

@NateD1226 replied "Feels good to be back though! Missed everyone"

The resort TVs then turned on to reveal a message... from somewhere beyond. Walt, Yensid, and Maleficent
ImsGZiW.jpeg

"We didn't want the Horned King catching up to you all, so we had you create these virtual Sorcerer's Apprentice Universes to hold your ideas safe from his wrath" Maleficent explained

"Ohh...so where is that ugly king now?" @Architectural Guinea Pig asked

"At his castle ... in the Magic Kingdom" Yensid explained " @PerGron decided to make a dark ride based on the Black Cauldron in Season 5...that's how he was able to get to this universe in the first place"

"Ah... so now we know who to blame..." a disgruntled AGP retorted

"I wouldn't say that yet" @PerGron stated "I have been keeping him busy. He thinks he has won, him and gargoyle figment have just been watching movies in the Imagineering Movie Discussion thread...I have the Sorcerer's Hat to vanquish him for good...we just need to crown a winner"

"SPACE MAKE DECISION" yelled @D Hulk

"I will....I will" I replied.

Oh, right, there was a plot /j

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Finale - Results (Part 1)

Over 3 months of imagineering, 12 unique projects...11 finalists...it all comes down to this.

Nexus Expo will go down along with Worlds of Wonder as some of the best, if not the best, imagineering parks in this competition's history. The hard work and dedication will live on far beyond the results of this season and into potential future ones, as your work is all now a permanent part of the Sorcerer's Apprentice Universe.

With 11 finalists, we will be ranking the projects in categories, with the final 5 having established 'place' finishes in the season. Again, this is based on both the quality of this finale project, as well as the season as a whole, the enthusiasm and effort put on throughout the season, and the overall body of work. Without further adieu, here we go...

The Dancing Broomstick Awards
film__2804-fantasia--hi_res-0ae60545.jpg

@AceAstro @OSUPhantom @ThemeParkPriest

Thank you all for so much passion, pride, and enthusiasm throughout the season!

The Yensid Awards
Fantasia2000%200449b%205_980.jpg

@TheOriginalTiki @Architectural Guinea Pig @D Hulk

You were all standout in your own ways, whether it be creative presentations, wonderful writing, or everything in between - thank you so much for making this season so special!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Finale - Results (Part 2)
1cx.gif

@Pi on my Cake

The winner of Season 7, the host of Season 6, (and possibly host of future seasons?) Thank you so much for all your efforts, support, and leadership throughout this season, making it into what it became! Congratulations, Pi!

@Earlie the Pearlie

You played incredible and grew so much throughout this season. You were so special to this game and have become such a vital member and more importantly friend to this community. Congratulations on such an achievement!

@Tegan pilots a chicken

Balancing work, band, and much more yet still putting forth as much effort into the game as you did is to be commendable. It's your passion for this game that really shines through, and we are so lucky to have you here! Congratulations, Tegan!

cdunlap

" @PerGron that's enough! I can only be forced to watch Longlegs on repeat so many times.... I have to stop these imagineers"
the-horned-king-from-disneys-1985-black-cauldron-v0-u1jken5xsfub1.png
Nezahualcoyotl, come slay this cloaked mummy with horns!
IMG_4703.jpeg

Nezahualcoyotl, Cdunlap’s favorite Aztec philosopher warrior king, appears and maybe defeats the Horned King before conquering Prydain in the name of Texcoco (given he defeats the Horned King!)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Finale - Part 3

@Mr. Sullivan

Sully you achieved something that many have thought of doing in these games, but only you have accomplished. You were a vital part of every single project, and grew so much throughout this season into one of the most formidable players this game and these forums have ever seen. And what's scary and exciting is... you're just getting started! You earned this and much more. I'm so glad we've gotten to know each other and you've found a home here on the forums. Here's to many more games together...

And with that... comes an imagineer whose first Sorcerer's Apprentice game was over 10 years ago... someone who was already a star imagineer on the forum, who had hosted and achieved many imagineering marvels, but somehow this season had a mission to improve. Not only musically, but with enhanced storytelling, leadership, artistic ability, all while halfway across the world from many of us.

On behalf of the cast of the Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8, it is my pleasure to announce that the eighth Sorcerer's Apprentice is....

@JokersWild !!!

From Worlds of Wonder to Nexus Expo, you continued to shine though with each passing book, from 2nd place last year...now you are, the Sorcerer's Apprentice! Congratulations!!

giphy.gif

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
The Finale - Part 3

@Mr. Sullivan

Sully you achieved something that many have thought of doing in these games, but only you have accomplished. You were a vital part of every single project, and grew so much throughout this season into one of the most formidable players this game and these forums have ever seen. And what's scary and exciting is... you're just getting started! You earned this and much more. I'm so glad we've gotten to know each other and you've found a home here on the forums. Here's to many more games together...

And with that... comes an imagineer whose first Sorcerer's Apprentice game was over 10 years ago... someone who was already a star imagineer on the forum, who had hosted and achieved many imagineering marvels, but somehow this season had a mission to improve. Not only musically, but with enhanced storytelling, leadership, artistic ability, all while halfway across the world from many of us.

On behalf of the cast of the Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8, it is my pleasure to announce that the eighth Sorcerer's Apprentice is....

@JokersWild !!!

From Worlds of Wonder to Nexus Expo, you continued to shine though with each passing book, from 2nd place last year...now you are, the Sorcerer's Apprentice! Congratulations!!

giphy.gif

CONGRATS JOKERS!!!!!! 💕💕

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom