The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys - Hype Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Ok since I just watched Titanic I wanna go on a rant that ROSE IS THE MAIN VILLAIN. Let’s do a play by play.

1. Rose had an entire life ahead of her with a loving (if not a little weird) fiancé, wealth, and a new life in America. If she didn’t wanna marry him, she could have just ran away and move somewhere else but NO, she just grumbles and decides to go ahead with it anyway.
  2. So she decided to shack up with Jack which she met like… what… a couple hours ago. Jack could easily be a serial killer that escaped justice and has an itchy killer finger. She seemed pretty damn impressed that he can draw nude pictures of women which in my opinion are people that are straight up weird (but that’s my two cents).
  3. So instead of ending off her relationship with Cal, she decides to just… keep on meeting with him in secret, which well… is not exactly a great moral character for our ‘protagonist’.
  4. When she was on the lifeboat she took up a seat on that boat, but she decides to waste that seat because she wants what another half hour with somebody she knew for about a day. That seat could have had a child, a wife, a husband, or an elderly adult.
  5. This is the worst one in my opinion. In her last moments, she doesn’t go over memories with her family, not their trips, but she talks about a guy that she met 80 or so years ago and talked to for about a day or 2. And that necklace that she threw in the ocean, could have… I don’t know, donated to charity, donated to a cancer foundation, he!! even give it to her granddaughter which would set her up for life.
Okay my rant is done, I could go farther by saying that she caused the titanic to sink by distracting the lookouts by having a make out sesh with jack on the deck. Again this is my own opinion and a complete joke post (or is it)
You lost me with the first point because it misses an integral part of the film, that Rose is trapped. This is the early 1900s. If she decided to leave, she would have nothing. No money and no family. And when she did decide to leave, her fiance essentially kidnapped Jack and verbally abused her. So, yeah, she grumbles because her options are limited.

You're more than welcome to your opinion but I feel like this opinion comes from not fully grasping some of the themes of the film.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
What Have I Done Regret GIF by The Aquabats!

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Since we are talking about movies a lot, I would like to talk about a less controversial opinion.

The Green Mile is one of the most emotional movies I have ever watched. Literally the Electric Chair scene is the one time that I legit cried and I ain’t just talking about a tear, I’m talking about full on weeping and I am not ashamed to say that.

I don’t know why I’m talking about movie opinions, I think I’m going through a phase??

cdunlap

You lost me with the first point because it misses an integral part of the film, that Rose is trapped. This is the early 1900s. If she decided to leave, she would have nothing. No money and no family. And when she did decide to leave, her fiance essentially kidnapped Jack and verbally abused her. So, yeah, she grumbles because her options are limited.

You're more than welcome to your opinion but I feel like this opinion comes from not fully grasping some of the themes of the film.
You have permanently fixed this film for me!

Mr. Sullivan

Ok since I just watched Titanic I wanna go on a rant that ROSE IS THE MAIN VILLAIN. Let’s do a play by play.

1. Rose had an entire life ahead of her with a loving (if not a little weird) fiancé, wealth, and a new life in America. If she didn’t wanna marry him, she could have just ran away and move somewhere else but NO, she just grumbles and decides to go ahead with it anyway.
  2. So she decided to shack up with Jack which she met like… what… a couple hours ago. Jack could easily be a serial killer that escaped justice and has an itchy killer finger. She seemed pretty damn impressed that he can draw nude pictures of women which in my opinion are people that are straight up weird (but that’s my two cents).
  3. So instead of ending off her relationship with Cal, she decides to just… keep on meeting with him in secret, which well… is not exactly a great moral character for our ‘protagonist’.
  4. When she was on the lifeboat she took up a seat on that boat, but she decides to waste that seat because she wants what another half hour with somebody she knew for about a day. That seat could have had a child, a wife, a husband, or an elderly adult.
  5. This is the worst one in my opinion. In her last moments, she doesn’t go over memories with her family, not their trips, but she talks about a guy that she met 80 or so years ago and talked to for about a day or 2. And that necklace that she threw in the ocean, could have… I don’t know, donated to charity, donated to a cancer foundation, he!! even give it to her granddaughter which would set her up for life.
Okay my rant is done, I could go farther by saying that she caused the titanic to sink by distracting the lookouts by having a make out sesh with jack on the deck. Again this is my own opinion and a complete joke post (or is it)
Titanic is my second favorite movie of all time behind Monsters Inc and I feel like it was tailored to me off in ways that I've never felt before. I don't know whether to high five you or put a curse on your bloodline.

cdunlap

I had to explain the Egyptian concept of the Ka to my World History class after someone asked me about why things were put in tombs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom