The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

spacemt354

Chili's
SRlL3j1.png

(Part 2 - Reading Music)

@tcool123
Ok - The Curse of Chaos Battle of the Gods!

To start with this journal was a really innovative idea having the days of Leonard Conker be written out in journal format. I was really like the Brady Bunch meet the gods format that was a very interesting way of showing the characters and then gave me a flashback to our Body Wars attraction with your art style! Very well done and unique and I could tell that you did a lot of research into Greek mythology which was shown in your Inventus Season 3 finale and now here we are in Season 7 and you doing more mythological finales!

All the characters are very well described and I really liked how you went into the backstories. I think a little bit too detailed for my taste because it feel like it took away from getting to the actual attraction ever so much backstory that needed to be told I kind of lost in a way especially now having to memorize these backstories to understand the ride-through. So perhaps for the future may be one or two senses effects to reach and reduce the characters because there was just a lot to handle with but I appreciate the originality.

The Lost Continent I think that's an area of universal Island of Adventure that really needs to be redone and I think the transition from Seuss Landing to Harry Potter now with this attraction here will be better. The guest flow will be much easier because now we have a strong E-ticket that brings people into this area of the park without having to worry about overcrowding Potter. The obelisk is a unique form of a weenie in a sense do I wonder how it will sit with the lighthouse which is also adjacent to this area having these things point up in the air might be a little bit too repetitive.

Queue description here is very well written nothing more to really say about it. I think you really drove into the details in mythology very well here. I also appreciate the maps as a visual person it really gives me a grand scheme of things when I see a top down view of where everything's going and where everything is going to be located us or appreciate using included the maintenance Bay Area what is a nice little detail.

Pre-show again is very well written. as for the ride system the trackless dark ride with elements of simulators and drop Towers is very unique choice. now I really like the expanded map taking the queue map and now expanding it out into the attractions that's awesome however I must say that the color choices could have been better. And the map could have been a little bigger cuz it's a little hard to see some of the small areas….. and you fix that by breaking it down scene by scene. that's what I get for these Live reviews!

Now as I'm reading the ride through I'm trying to picture in my head what exactly this attraction will look like is it going to be like Indiana Jones or is it going to be like Revenge of the Mummy I'm not really sure but I am digging the Aesthetics of this. one thing I will say though is that I think it's a little bit dialogue-heavy. Just trying to appreciate the ride through going scene-by-scene everything sounds very good this is very well flowing and traction things make sense despite some things might being a bit unrealistic I think everything flows well and I think you Justified some of the more grandiose Edition such as the 18 ft tall animatronic you also mentioned that the technical components of the animatronic are less than what you would assume with the size.

Coming up on the end of the attraction at the base camp provisions it was a series of tents set up by the Research Camp. I thought that was a very unique way of ending the journey and having the guess leading to this area. Overall, I think this was a combination of all you've done in this game your dialogue and originally really stands out here and I think that it goes a long way in showing how much you care about the game and how much you desire to be a two-time winner from this attraction. Thank you for all your efforts!

@JokersWild
The Time Machine by HG Wells I mean JokersWild

Looks like we're starting this project with a retrospective time travel throughout the season I'll get to this at the end!

Chapter one I really like the narrative form of this - I think it's going to be a very unique style regardless of the Google Docs format

I think this is a way of really making the project special. Very much appreciate the backstory here love the see tie ends in connection to Jason Chandler in the Society of explorers and adventurers I don't know the history of SEA well I don't know if you're adding new content or not but I must say that this is very well written and I really am zoned into this project in Discovery Bay.

Chapter 2 don't be afraid of the map - nothing is perfect and the effort is accounted for. I really like how you're using your own park for this although it might be bending the rules slightly I don't really think there were many rules in this Challenge and that was kind of the point of it it was to see how well you can take a novel prompts like this and turn it into something unique. So I really appreciate the detail and Enlightenment swear Factory row Chandler Manor aviators green and pleasure Harbor these all sound like wonderful things I hope to see in the future

The Time Machine - Really like the right vehicle for this I love the drawing for it as well. Distraction self is very well-written I think the professor is a very unique character and adds a lot to the attraction itself. is attraction is reminding me of the dialogue in symbiosis is energy of nature which we did for Animal Kingdom in season 3 I can't help but think of the dialogue and would you also wrote! I must say the years here are staggering I was not expecting time travel through millennia oh, and by Millenia I mean literally millions of years but I'm not complaining because that is something very unique and I didn't expect that from a time travel attraction. I think this also allows you to create new worlds that aren't necessarily the same as you would see in the stereotypic time travel attractions if that makes any sense. do you think the ending was a tad bit depressing with the fact that the sun was going to burn out and life will cease to exist but I thought it turned around very nicely with the future that we deserve as the guests exit back out into Exposition field. Overall I think of technology and effects in this attraction being compared to Mickey and Minnie's runaway Railway is a very unique take and something that I wasn't really expecting again for this attraction.

Getting back to the opening paragraph and letter I'm so glad that you enjoyed this event and then it changed your perspective from season 3 till now. I think that has a lot to do with our community here as a whole and our togetherness. I would really like that to stay as well into the future. Thank you for everything you did for this competition and if this is your last competition I look forward to hearing your reviews now and into the future - thank you!

@Sharon&Susan
Crash at Universal Studios Hollywood. So I'll be the first to admit that I never played this game haha, but I'm always up for learning something new. like a little backstory game to this and I think that it was a really good idea because it lays the groundwork for why this attraction is being built in the real world technicalities behind.

I see we're going with the dark right here. Another interesting touching EMV ride system will be the first time there has been an EMV ride system outside of a Disney park that's very inventive and I really enjoy that. I think the temple will be really great facade it reminds me of the Indiana Jones the sod. The queue sounds really massive 2 floors inside the temple, that would be awesome to see. I really like the characters inside the queue as well, again I don't know the game enough to know all of these characters and locations I assume these are from the game? if you made them up yourself these are fantastic puns and you did a great job.

Right through a page great very detailed I just wish the image was a tad bigger, and I also wish that the ride layout was in the beginning of the description rather than at the end so that I had a visual to go off of with the written descriptions however the ride through write-up is very well done and props for creating an attraction based on this IP. Some of the things I wish were included, perhaps a little bit more artwork. Granted the website was a great touching being one of the only people, if not the only person to do a website that stands out a lot in the presentation however in terms of custom art I feel like this was an opportunity to really step out of the comfort zone and bring something to the table that we hadn't seen before especially with an IP as unique as one.

N. Sanity Island Was also a delight. I think there could have been a bit more description in regards to where exactly it was because I was confused as to where this traction is going with in Universal Studios Hollywood. That being said, I think your diction and concluding trash cans set the bar high now and into the future for video game based attractions.

In the end as well I want to thank you for all of the participation throughout the season on several different teams with several different teammates you're always a standout performer and a true Benchmark of this community - thank you very much for everything!​

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
1618711536276.png

THE TOONTOWN HOTEL
Welcome to the Toontown Hotel, the wackiest place in downtown Toontown, as Toons can enjoy their vacation in the hotel as Granny cleaning her stuff as Tweety and Sylvester were fighting each other, as Goofy can be bell hopper, but you can go to escalator room as we meet up with Droopy Dog as hopper to lift way up the tower until 500th floor as he said "Goin' up sir?", as we can encounter Toon cameos such as Genie in his bath tub, Lena Hyena, a speeding train, Toons fighting their foods at a cafe, Betty Boop and Olive Oyl fighting for Popeye, Casper the Friendly Ghost, and more. As we are enter the no floor as we looked down the many miles away from the downtown Toontown as we are falling down faster as we meet with Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny, as we crashed into the floor as we will see falling stars around us. This ride is like parody of Tower of Terror but it's a friendly-family thrill drop tower ride, it will has awesome special effect such as falling stars around them, Droopy Dog animatronic, and more. You can also stay in hotel as for three day for vacation with Toon meet & greet characters such as Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Roger Rabbit, etc...there was food buffert such as Mickey's Diner and Clarabelle's Ice Cream Bar, there's also Roger Rabbit's Bunny Hop Dance Party, as the guests will stay their rooms themed to Disney characters also non-Disney characters. Location at Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland. This ride will make you a lot of scream and comedy.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
1618710677831.png

TOONTOWN TRANSIT
Wanna go on a tour of Toontown? Based on Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Join Gus the Bus to zoom over streets of Los Angeles, zooming into the movie studio lot, entering Toontown Tunnel as Benny the Cab as we follow him to Toontown, encounter with Roger Rabbit with many Toon cameos like Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Droopy, etc....almost swallow by Monstro the Whale, take a tour around downtown Toontown, saving Jessica Rabbit from burning fireworks factory, chase by the Toon Patrol weasels, as Roger falls out of Benny and crashed into Gus's ceiling, falling down into streets of Toontown, chasing by a speeding train with Wile E. Coyote falling down into the ceiling, and a grand finale as we are crashing through ACME Warehouse. This simulator has special effects, smoke effects, Roger's shaped hole, and more. Location at Hollywoodland in Disney's California Adventure, the queue will be at Union Station as Droopy Dog as a ticket master also Peg Leg Pete as a boss and owner of Toontown Transit.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I think most importantly of all how much this game clearly means to you and how much effort that you put in the entire season as a whole. It has been such a pleasure watching you build friends here most importantly, new level of energy and enthusiasm you bring every single day to this forum. in a way you're basically responsible for the PM Tiara challenge brings fun and levity to the game every single day. I can't wait to see what you do in the future. I'm so glad you are part of this community thank you so much for everything again!
And now I’m ugly crying 🥺🥺🥺

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
SRlL3j1.png

(Part 1 - Reading Music)

@DashHaber
Cowabunga! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mutagen Madness --- say that five times fast!

I think you had a great choice in replacing Revenge of the Mummy with this attraction. You're absolutely correct the New York City Thai end would be perfect and would also add a kid-friendly yet also nostalgic addition to Universal Studios in Florida whereas Revenge of the Mummy I'm sure has its fans this will definitely be a showstopper in its own right
I could definitely tell that you're a big fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or at the very least enjoy the property for what it is however I must say is someone who doesn't really know the property I would wish I was a little bit of back story in regards to what the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are because I feel like people who know the property will appreciate this attraction the most.

I really enjoy how the queue walks through the hallway into the bullpen of the Channel 6 reporters. This feels like such a universal queue set up in the best possible sense of the word. everything from the descriptions flows so well and feel so realistic for what a new E-ticket from Universal would look like. as always Dash, the detail you put into your attractions it's fantastic your diction and writing talents really stand out and have throughout the entire competition as you've created some of the best attractions we've seen this entire season. As for the ride system I think the slot car is a great choice I think it's a very unique system that would fit well with a sewer type of traction where things are going in and out of tunnels are going up and down I think that's a great way to showcase the story that you want to tell

I also really appreciate how you took the test track art and made it a little bit of your own I'd really like to see you try new art forms into the future I know it might not be your strong suit but hey it wasn't mine either when I first started and the more you do with the more the better you get and it will only help down the road in the future so I really appreciate you taking the effort to do that the ride layout as well despite its simplicity.

The attraction overall is very well done very well described the scenes flow from one to the other. tip for the future I think the ride layout though should have been in the front because it makes it a lot easier to visualize the scene by scene transitions if the visual is before the descriptions if that makes sense. overall - I think this was a really excellent project there's not really much for me to critique on this one other than the fact that I think this could have used a few extra days. Maybe add a little bit of flair to it I know that's not really your style in the sense that you're a more traditional imagineer where it's a lot of pen and paper type things, however for the finale I think the last few days could have used a bit more customization if that makes sense. And it would have stood out! That's not to say there's not a chance to win is absolutely chance to win, because I can't really find much to critique other than that! I think you did a great job and you've been a wonderful competitor throughout the entire season thank you!

@Tegan pilots a chicken
Iron Heart: First Flight! We'll start with the Chaos-verse - you definitely took the open-endedness of this prompt and used it to your utmost advantage. Creating a whole new universe, were those your own Epcot images updated with new art? Amazing! There was so much love and innovation into the opening act I was hooked immediately. That said when you got to destroying Tomorrowland, I was really concerned you would bite off more than you could chew as the prompt was just an E-ticket, and I was concerned knowing how much you like to write, that you'd go overboard and design an entire land. Fortunately (for you, and for us the readers), that was merely a preamble to the ultimate attraction - Iron Heart.

As it goes without saying, I love the handwritten art. It's just such a personal touch and I've said it throughout the game, but it's appreciated here as well. The set-up for the attraction is well done, that said I'm not sure how I feel about the land itself taking over Tomorrowland as an Iron Man land. I feel the Disneyland purists would be at your door picketing forever if that happened lol. That all said it is the chaos-verse so you can use that as an excuse.

Entrance is very solid, really appreciate the artwork for it. Oh, students too smart for MIT? I do like how the exhibit section of the queue is very interactive, it reminds me of an expanded Test Track design your own vehicle type space. It’s bold to center the entire attraction on Riri, but ultimately I think it makes the project stand on its own two feet more. I was skeptical I admit about an Iron Man area being too...overused, not just in armchair imagineering, but due to the Avengers Campus, and Iron Man attractions around Disney parks. That said, choosing Iron Heart and building the attraction this way lends itself more creative points in my book.

I did find myself laughing at the part where it states the suits are meant for recreation and not armed with any advanced weaponry, except concussive repulsor rays lol. I could imagine the ER being filled with teenagers being hit by Iron Man rays on a daily basis if this became a mainstream offering at Target. The VR element of the ride system is very intriguing. I’ve never been on a ride like that but I’d be eager to try. From the way you describe it, despite having under 1,000 guests per hour capacity, it seems like the queue line will provide enough entertainment for the guests as they wait. Love the ride layout and spliced together soundtrack you have for the ride.

The ride itself sounds like a lot of fun. I like the inclusion of two smaller villains and the fact that Tony Stark himself really isn’t in the ride - it’s a big risk to go this round but I think you made the characters engaging and fun. The only thing I would say is it played out like a stereotypical hero/chase attraction, but I think with the VR glasses, it would be a lot more engaging to the rider. I wish there was some way you could have conveyed that in the write-up itself, or through some form of video, because I think that would have made the experience that much more engaging.

As we continue on into the post-show, I like the Dum-E inclusion as well as the interactive kiosks - so much interactivity! Overall it reads like you had a blast writing this and I’m glad you were able to realize your vision for this chaos-verse!

I think most importantly of all how much this game clearly means to you and how much effort that you put in the entire season as a whole. It has been such a pleasure watching you build friends here most importantly, new level of energy and enthusiasm you bring every single day to this forum. in a way you're basically responsible for the PM Tiara challenge brings fun and levity to the game every single day. I can't wait to see what you do in the future. I'm so glad you are part of this community thank you so much for everything again!​

Thank you so much for all the kind words, Space!!

I truly did have a blast writing this and basically getting to play in my own little universe! I’m glad that came across well in the project! And, you know this now, but yes those are my own Epcot images.

This whole experience has been so rewarding and enriching and I’m so thankful to be here!! Thank you for everything!! 💜💜

🥂🥂

spacemt354

Chili's
Thank you so much for all the kind words, Space!!

I truly did have a blast writing this and basically getting to play in my own little universe! I’m glad that came across well in the project! And, you know this now, but yes those are my own Epcot images.

This whole experience has been so rewarding and enriching and I’m so thankful to be here!! Thank you for everything!! 💜💜

🥂🥂
Absolutely! I was trying to look for a Taylor Swift background song but I couldn't find one with blue, purple, and pink in the background, so I figured that would be a fine substitute

Chaos Cat

Now, some may say that it might be a little crazy to submit your final project so early. To that, I have only one thing to say...

COWABUNGA!

View attachment 552525

(A little thematic reading music)

б-волк's Обзор Черепашки-ниндзя: Мутагенное безумие
(Hey, had to fit my avatar somehow)
  • Starting off, brilliant IP choice and location! I'm honestly surprised Universal never did anything with TMNT before, especially since they have a New York area. If only they used this instead of Jimmy Fallon... Admittedly slightly disappointed by the removal of Mummy, but this is such a perfect fit that I'm willing to ignore it.
  • That being said, I'm not exactly what you'd call a TMNT fan. I'm familiar with the basic stuff, but I'm basically a noob with this franchise. Which makes your queue work incredible for me! It gets guests unfamiliar with the source material up to speed, but still includes a few extra winks to fans that don't feel forced or too in-you-face.
  • I love the Test Track-style ride system so much. Honestly one of the best dark ride systems around. I also have to applaud you for stepping out of your comfort zone for the ride vehicle art.
  • On to the ride itself, what a great ride! Nice use of practical effects (which already puts it higher than most of Universal's current output sorry, had to) and a lot of fun action, as well.
  • Again, love how stepped out of your comfort zone with drawing the layout. If I had to nitpick, though, I do wish the layout was at the start of the ride through, mostly just to help visualize it.
  • Okay, had to look up what Second Time Around was because that feels like a bit too much of a deep cut with TMNT lore. Like, for a TMNT fan, it's probably cool, but it doesn't really seem all that interesting otherwise. I don't know, maybe it's just because of the kind of trashy looking reference image you used.
Overall, this was a solid ride and a much needed addition to Universal's New York section. Not as ambitious of some of the other project here, but honestly, sometimes it's better to K.I.S.S. Great job!

DashHaber

б-волк's Обзор Черепашки-ниндзя: Мутагенное безумие
(Hey, had to fit my avatar somehow)
  • Starting off, brilliant IP choice and location! I'm honestly surprised Universal never did anything with TMNT before, especially since they have a New York area. If only they used this instead of Jimmy Fallon... Admittedly slightly disappointed by the removal of Mummy, but this is such a perfect fit that I'm willing to ignore it.
  • That being said, I'm not exactly what you'd call a TMNT fan. I'm familiar with the basic stuff, but I'm basically a noob with this franchise. Which makes your queue work incredible for me! It gets guests unfamiliar with the source material up to speed, but still includes a few extra winks to fans that don't feel forced or too in-you-face.
  • I love the Test Track-style ride system so much. Honestly one of the best dark ride systems around. I also have to applaud you for stepping out of your comfort zone for the ride vehicle art.
  • On to the ride itself, what a great ride! Nice use of practical effects (which already puts it higher than most of Universal's current output sorry, had to) and a lot of fun action, as well.
  • Again, love how stepped out of your comfort zone with drawing the layout. If I had to nitpick, though, I do wish the layout was at the start of the ride through, mostly just to help visualize it.
  • Okay, had to look up what Second Time Around was because that feels like a bit too much of a deep cut with TMNT lore. Like, for a TMNT fan, it's probably cool, but it doesn't really seem all that interesting otherwise. I don't know, maybe it's just because of the kind of trashy looking reference image you used.
Overall, this was a solid ride and a much needed addition to Universal's New York section. Not as ambitious of some of the other project here, but honestly, sometimes it's better to K.I.S.S. Great job!
Thank you! Yeah, Second Time Around is definitely a bit of a deeper cut, but I wanted to have a TMNT store for the post-ride gift shop and I thought it'd be fun using a more specific location rather than just a generic shop. The façade I used for visual reference does look a little trashy, but some of the store's other appearances in the franchise look a little bland for my taste, whereas the version from the 1990 movie kinda has a bit more personality to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom