The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
veronica mars wink GIF

tcool123

That would be my doing. 🤣

*hem* I believe you mean Space *hem*
Team Space I think you have found yourselves a golden ticket with this project! Out of all the concepts so far I find this the team's most cohesive and quite possibly strongest proposal. Wonka was a smart move in my opinion as it's just an evergreen IP in my opinion which lends itself to theme parks.
No clue what you're talking about :angelic: ;)

tcool123

STANZA IX RESULTS

@goofyyukyuk has been swamped with some real life things, but nevertheless we still had time to discuss the results for this stanza. Expect his reviews to still come out at some point and time.

The results were very hard to come to and led to much debate between @goofyyukyuk and I, and no matter the results we decided on all the projects were great this stanza. You guys are really making this difficult, but keep it up with the great work!

Team Time
Formatting errors, some of the movies selected, and the gift shop is what landed the team in the third place placing. The gift shop felt lacking in comparison to the customizable merchandising experiences that Space and Reality both had. With that said the concept of the ride is a solid one, and definitely something to be proud of.

Team Reality
This is a close one, but inconsistencies here and there, the concern of ride stops, and a potential barrier to entry to regular guests played a factor into the teams second place placing. With that said the amount of detail and passion was amazing to see.

Team Space
This is the first time they would win, and rightfully so in my opinion. Their concept has a magic charm that many Universal rides contain, and while the project was simple it was extremely effective at conveying the core message and themes of Willy Wonka in a ride form.

tcool123

Stanza X

Comic 2.png

As the duo hunt down for the stolen key they have a conversation full of inquiry. "Uh Timekeeper? Where am I, and how did I get here?" ask Figment. "Well Figment this is the Imaginarium, a place where all blue sky imagineering ideas gather! The whole building is actually powered by the Blue Sky Core out in the atrium! To be honest I have no idea how you or any of your friends got here, what do you remember last?" answered the Timekeeper. "Well the imagineers saved me, and then I was captured....next thing I remember was just being sucked into a portal! Well two portals I think? I'm not sure I blacked out" replies Figment.

0m353Ra (1).png

"Oh dear how troublesome! Well Figment you should be safe here! Let's just hope we can find that key to make sure your friends can get back here safely!" says the Timekeeper. "Ummm Timekeeper, I'm starving! Got any snacks?" asks Figment as his belly rumbles. "Why of course I do! Here's the hottest snacks at the market right now!" answers the Timekeeper as he hands Figment three bags of Degree Burn Doritos. "Oh wow aren't these expired?" asks Figment puzzled. "Oh yes your friends had some confusion too this is 2011! I assure you those are fine my scaly friend!" assures Timekeeper. "Well in that case...feastin time!" Figment happily says as he tears the bags open happily eating the chips.

Doritos-1st-2nd-and-3rd-Degree-Burn-Tortilla-Chips.jpg

Will our intrepid duo ever find the missing key? Will Figment's hunger end with only three measly bags of Doritos? Will our teams of intrepid Imagineers feel any effects due to the stolen key? Find out in our next stanza in The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys!​

Orange Cat

STANZA IX RESULTS

@goofyyukyuk has been swamped with some real life things, but nevertheless we still had time to discuss the results for this stanza. Expect his reviews to still come out at some point and time.

The results were very hard to come to and led to much debate between @goofyyukyuk and I, and no matter the results we decided on all the projects were great this stanza. You guys are really making this difficult, but keep it up with the great work!

Team Time
Formatting errors, some of the movies selected, and the gift shop is what landed the team in the third place placing. The gift shop felt lacking in comparison to the customizable merchandising experiences that Space and Reality both had. With that said the concept of the ride is a solid one, and definitely something to be proud of.

Team Reality
This is a close one, but inconsistencies here and there, the concern of ride stops, and a potential barrier to entry to regular guests played a factor into the teams second place placing. With that said the amount of detail and passion was amazing to see.

Team Space
This is the first time they would win, and rightfully so in my opinion. Their concept has a magic charm that many Universal rides contain, and while the project was simple it was extremely effective at conveying the core message and themes of Willy Wonka in a ride form.
Me When My Team Get’s 2nd
E6DED3D5-C290-4391-808F-D37F0AF47D08.gif

tcool123

Meanwhile at Charlie's Chocolate Factory

"Well @Solaris Knight you won the bet, nobody had the same concept this round" glumly says @MickeyWaffleCo. as he hands Solaris their winnings consisting of Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans. "So I know we all have been having fun, but does nobody think it's weird how we're somehow in 2011?" asked @MickeyWaffleCo. "Hey all I know is I have one last shot at riding Jaws!" replied @Imagineer Brandon. With the excitement of riding the now extinct ride the teams began to make their way towards Amity Island, but the teams stop in front of mysterious construction walls on the outskirts of Production Central.

"Um what is this place?" queried @TwilightZone . "This was the home of Hercules and Xena: Wizards of the Screen, but the site wasn't worked on till next year." answered a confused @ThemeParkPriest . From behind a door in the construction walls the mysterious duo of @tcool123 and @goofyyukyuk appear once more.

extinct-attractions-hercules-xena-wizards-of-the-screen-2.jpeg

"Teams it seems like we just caught you at the right time!" cheerfully exclaimed @tcool123 . "Suuuuuuure you are" says @SplashZander laden with sarcasm, as the last time the teams had seen the duo they did walk out of a hotel's random explosion. "We have an update on these twists in time! The overwhelming parallel realities emerging from all the Imagineering competitions has caused these time vortexes that brought all of us here!" informs @goofyyukyuk . "However we have reason to believe that these vortexes have caused alternate personalities to return to life! My associate and I have been running around capturing them, but be warned they are dangerous!" cautions @tcool123 . The duo from tcool labs hands out a list of dangerous personalities.

Wanted Personalities
Assumed to be Dangerous and Reckless

tcool - last seen in Singapore, reward: a pat on the back.
Pufflefan - last seen on Club Penguin Island, reward: admiration.
MonorailRed - apprehended in the back of an Applebee's.
OutboundFlight - last seen falling down a shaft, reward: a hug.
PerGronStudio - last seen touring zoos, reward: tube socks.
Pi From 2018 - apprehended while shopping at a Kmart.
D Hindley - last seen soliciting at DisneySky, reward: a Costco Card.
1SC Pi - last seen writing a paragraph, reward: a good night's sleep.
goofyyukyukyuk17 - last seen watching Yogi Bear, reward: a picnic.
2001DISNEYFAN - apprehended in line to buy Flounder merchandise.

"Uh no offense, but these rewards aren't that great" says @DashHaber timidly. "Speak for yourself! I haven't slept more than a hour in the last three months! I'm coming for you @1SC Pi " yells out @Tegan pilots a chicken . "Imagineers if you see any of these fiends alert us quickly! We will inform you once more if we have anymore information on the anomalies!" yells @goofyyukyuk enthusiastically. As the duo disappear the teams are left standing in front of the vacant theater.​

Last edited:

tcool123

mBJTtWA.jpg

Last stanza we saw our intrepid imagineers reimagining a whole new attraction to replace Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast, taking the place of Despicable Me Minion Mayhem in the real world. Charlie's Chocolate Factory became a huge hit with guests and critics alike, but that was only the beginning for what the imagineers had to do on their quest to save Universal given to them by the Timekeeper.

KE6rHGr.jpg

For this challenge, teams will create a musical utilizing the plot of land that eventually became Transformers: The Ride - 3D.
Teams may not use the Transformers franchise for their concept.

Universal has had a long history of offering entertainment, but oddly enough a musical seldom sees the light of day at the park beyond the seasonal Grinchmas. Let's change that all with this stanza. Below you can find the area included for your expansion, everything in the red squares is for your teams to create in.

Trans.png

Tips
- If your struggling to find an Universal IP to fit your attraction feel free to look towards other studios and outlets for ideas. Many of Universal's most beloved attractions aren't even based on their films!
- Remember the opening date is 2012 thus any IP that hadn't been released until after that year would be a no go for your attraction.
- Most of all remember to have fun, and not to stress out too much.

Project Managers
Space
- @NigelChanning
Realbeef - @Shannoninthemagic
Time - @JokersWild

This Project is due March 11th at 11:59 PM EST

Time Zones

Universal Orlando Time - 11:59 PM
Universal Hollywood Time - 8:59 PM
Universal Japan Time - 1:59 PM
Universal Beijing Time - 12:59 PM
Universal Port Aventura Time - 5:59 AM
Wizarding World (London) Time - 4:59 AM

Any specific questions feel free to ask in your brainstorming PMs or below.
Thank you, best of luck everyone, and remember to Let Yourself Woah!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom