The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
s11-jpg.520829

Continuing our cast spotlights, @Magic Feather is a long time member with some great projects over the years. One that is my personal favorite is a bit of a smaller one in the Twist in Time competition back in 2016 - The Cuddly Lamb and Jolly Holiday Creamery. Two great options and the custom artwork to fit them!

spacemt354

Chili's
s11-jpg.520829

Next we have @Solaris Knight - who is a relatively new member who just started out in @DashHaber 's One Sentence Competition - and started out so well, that he won! The Hunchback's Tale being the winning project

spacemt354

Chili's
s11-jpg.520829

@pix is one of the most charismatic folks when they're around, always bringing the energy to any team their on, especially Team Brava in Season 4. And over the years, has come close to winning a few competitions, and even doing some drawings in them as well. Though non-event wise, a running tagline (I honestly forget the reason why lol) was be gay do crime lgbtq+ imagineering - that pix started - so folks might want to check that out if they're interested!

spacemt354

Chili's
s11-jpg.520829

@MickeyJedi is one of our newest sign-ups, with this being his first Sorcerer's Apprentice event, another heartfelt welcome is in order! In terms of imagineering you can check out, the WDW Newest Park thread has some interesting concepts on it from MJ to read!

spacemt354

Chili's
s11-jpg.520829

P122.jpg

Now to spotlight the hosts! Those who will be leading this relay race through the Fantasmic Timeline in Season 7. In the Holiday Special, it was mentioned how all the prior competition timelines were colliding, and the hosts from those competitions did as well.

Here for the first time, we'll have many different hosts lead us through these Fantasmic Journeys!

The Hosts
@Outbound (Star Wars character) - Host of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6, One Little Spark Season 2
@AceAstro (Kermit) - Host of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5, SYWTBAI Season 17
@Pi on my Cake - (the Pi) - Host of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6, One Little Spark, One Sentence Competition
@NateD1226 (the pacman blue)- Host of SYWTBAI Season 18, Time For A Disney Overhaul
@tcool123 (Pepita) - Host of A Twist in Time, The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4, One Sentence Competition
@goofyyukyuk (Goofy)- Host of 1986
@D Hulk (Hulk) - Host of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5, Theme Park Apprentice, One Sentence Competition
@Disney Dad 3000 (Singin' in the Rain)- Host of The Great Movie Ride Competition
@mickeyfan5534 (Baby Yoda)- Host of SYWTBAI Season 18, 1986
@JokersWild (Jules Verne) - Host of SYWTBAI (multiple seasons) and 1986
@PerGron (Joe Rohde's Yeti) - Host of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6
@DisneyManOne (Walt Disney) - Host of League of Dreamers

Last edited:

AceAstro

I was really excited at first at a possible Yoshi ride, but I’m currently underwhelmed. Hopefully in person whenever it may open it’s more charming
I thought the same thing. We must be missing most of it in this video. With a ride like this, the best part is either exclusive views you can't see through the rest of the land or cool views of the land as a whole from above and we barely got either of those.

It just felt like a slow-moving ride through the back corner of the land

TwilightZone

I always forget Ramona and Beezus is a thing haha
I was really excited at first at a possible Yoshi ride, but I’m currently underwhelmed. Hopefully in person whenever it may open it’s more charming

I thought the same thing. We must be missing most of it in this video. With a ride like this, the best part is either exclusive views you can't see through the rest of the land or cool views of the land as a whole from above and we barely got either of those.

It just felt like a slow-moving ride through the back corner of the land
Alicia always described it as "peoplemover but yoshi" and this does fit the bill, so I am not too dissappointed. I noticed there was this egg interactive thing that probably gives it the upper edge compared to a normal peoplemover, though the sound effects it gives (I assume anyways) are kinda annoying, but I love yoshi so I will probably ride this as long as the line's not too long.

Sharon&Susan

Alicia always described it as "peoplemover but yoshi" and this does fit the bill, so I am not too dissappointed. I noticed there was this egg interactive thing that probably gives it the upper edge compared to a normal peoplemover, though the sound effects it gives (I assume anyways) are kinda annoying, but I love yoshi so I will probably ride this as long as the line's not too long.
As I said in the main SNW thread, I really wish Yoshi at least had a peek into the main Mario Kart showbuilding. And maybe one more darkride segment like maybe a ghost house or inside a volcano would've been neat too.

I was never expecting too much from this one like you, so it's fine. I think both Mario Kart and the DK coaster will make up for it.

AceAstro

As I said in the main SNW thread, I really wish Yoshi at least had a peek into the main Mario Kart showbuilding. And maybe one more darkride segment like maybe a ghost house or inside a volcano would've been neat too.

I was never expecting too much from this one like you, so it's fine. I think both Mario Kart and the DK coaster will make up for it.
I love the PeopleMover and it is way better than this in my opinion. It at least gives you cool views into the surrounding rides.

This does have the cool mushroom thing but everything else feels pretty standard at best.

tcool123

Going to gush about Soul really quickly again, but man did it have an amazing soundtrack something about the ethereal quality many of the tracks have stuck into my mind, but others (Terry Time) are able to freak me out and create a sense of fear. I went back and decided to iust listen to the entire soundtrack, very Epcot. Hopefully if the park gets new area music Soul is worked in.

spacemt354

Chili's
s11-jpg.520829

What doesn't @b-wolf95 do? He's heroic, charismatic, and a great teammate in imagineering. He's also very bold, and isn't afraid to speak his mind in whatever character he has chosen. What would we do without him?

B-wolf joined via the One Sentence Competition and 1986, quickly making a name for himself with his characters and personalities.

Rather than a thread - in honor of somehow missing his spotlight, I will now ensure it's never lost as I hereby declare January 2nd as
@b-wolf95 Day

Chaos Cat

s11-jpg.520829

What doesn't @b-wolf95 do? He's heroic, charismatic, and a great teammate in imagineering. He's also very bold, and isn't afraid to speak his mind in whatever character he has chosen. What would we do without him?

B-wolf joined via the One Sentence Competition and 1986, quickly making a name for himself with his characters and personalities.

Rather than a thread - in honor of somehow missing his spotlight, I will now ensure it's never lost as I hereby declare January 2nd as
@b-wolf95 Day
I too tried to do an IC post, but having an an entire day dedicated to me is just... Wow. 🥰

Chaos Cat

s11-jpg.520829

@b-wolf95 Day
All right, having a whole day dedicated to me should make up for the whole spotlight mishap...

IF you all give me all of your walts!

BETA!

Oh, right. This dimension doesn't use walts, so I can't get walts from them.

That's not... never mind. Here's what we're doing instead:

From this moment on, @b-wolf95 Day will double as Roleplay Day

What does this mean? It means that I highly encourage you all under threat of fire Beta no to channel your inner role-player and post In-Character. What type of character? Any character! Pre-existing or an OC, a f-boy or a cinnamon roll, related to SA or not, doesn't matter. The only hard rule here is Have Fun!

Participation is entirely optional, so don't worry if you don't feel comfortable slipping into kayfabe. Just enjoy all the bat[guano] insanity that probably going to happen. If you want to participate in said insanity but can't figure out a character, I recommend watching a Whose Line episode and using one of their character prompts (I was going to point to an online character generator, but the results from that made less sense that the Whose Line ones).​

JokersWild

All right, having a whole day dedicated to me should make up for the whole spotlight mishap...

IF you all give me all of your walts!

BETA!

Oh, right. This dimension doesn't use walts, so I can't get walts from them.

That's not... never mind. Here's what we're doing instead:

From this moment on, @b-wolf95 Day will double as Roleplay Day

What does this mean? It means that I highly encourage you all under threat of fire Beta no to channel your inner role-player and post In-Character. What type of character? Any character! Pre-existing or an OC, a f-boy or a cinnamon roll, related to SA or not, doesn't matter. The only hard rule here is Have Fun!

Participation is entirely optional, so don't worry if you don't feel comfortable slipping into kayfabe. Just enjoy all the bat[guano] insanity that probably going to happen. If you want to participate in said insanity but can't figure out a character, I recommend watching a Whose Line episode and using one of their character prompts (I was going to point to an online character generator, but the results from that made less sense that the Whose Line ones).​
Jokes on you. I play a character every time I interact with another human being.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom