The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

TheOriginalTiki

It's been so long I forgot what I even missed haha. If someone can catch me up on that, I can catch myself up on the projects. Was thinking I might do another podcast where I reveal the legitimately shocking thing Mr. One Way was going to do towards the end of the season that would have been super memorable had I actually pulled it off.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
It's been so long I forgot what I even missed haha. If someone can catch me up on that, I can catch myself up on the projects. Was thinking I might do another podcast where I reveal the legitimately shocking thing Mr. One Way was going to do towards the end of the season that would have been super memorable had I actually pulled it off.
I was reading through the 1986 game thread and I think a BB themed comp should happen again this fall just saying okay thanks.

spacemt354

Chili's
We may or may not be seeing Mr. One Way's return sooner rather than later

PerGron

It was Seasons of Fantasy, Age of Magic, our Tomorrowland, the hotel and the shopping district

mickeyfan5534

The planned plot was honestly really good and it's a bummer we were never able to get the drama in the air.

TheOriginalTiki

I was reading through the 1986 game thread and I think a BB themed comp should happen again this fall just saying okay thanks.
@mickeyfan5534 has actually been working on a Drag Race themed competition that I'm pretty sure is going to take up the Fall slot this year. Will still have strategic elements but very much play by a different rule book.

tcool123

@mickeyfan5534 has actually been working on a Drag Race themed competition that I'm pretty sure is going to take up the Fall slot this year. Will still have strategic elements but very much play by a different rule book.
Funnily enough as was I, @mickeyfan5534 wanna talk to work together exchange ideas? 👀

I'll wait in the gold lounge, so we don't have a kimono incident ;)

phiphi1.jpg

(IK Phi Phi looks PO'd, but it's like the first pic I found ☠️. But also iconic episode sooooo)

JokersWild

With Daft Punk breaking up, I just wanted to bring attention to a super old project from SYWTBAI Season 11 on VisionsFantastic. I know that this is one of @TheOriginalTiki's favorites, and he still constantly talks about it like 8 years after it was posted, so I'm sure he'll like seeing this pop up again. Anyway, without further ado:

D19Ok2nVBCepxRiXauj9rpPUx1m4oGpW7jQKMMqEZXRrp8DPbgUHyCDHimXhiNNs7EfQqxgFpVrlg_HKyHGU6eRecacJLiwqY-0RL2JyGkM-EiSBKE-4VJWN6cWnWhgMI60-wTY

By @Basketbuddy101, and Thrill
“Towering above Tomorrowland are the futuristic peaks of Space Mountain. Inside, Disneyland ‘astronauts’ experience the thrill of a twisting, speeding journey past the stars and unexplored galaxies, bursting through a cosmic vapor curtain into the deep, dark void of super space, where time is nonexistent, and distances are spanned at infinite speeds.”
-Jack Wagner

A Match Made in Space:
The name ‘Space Mountain’ alone speaks for itself. The attraction is well-known for sending guests into the darkest corners of space, a 20th Century experience that remains unmatched even in the 21st Century. However, the fact that the experience remains fun and exciting is hardly an excuse for leaving the attraction alone completely. Thus, Daft Punk comes into the mix. Daft Punk is the perfect fit for a new Space Mountain overlay. The group’s emphasis on storytelling and unique style of music will blend seamlessly with Space Mountain’s adventurous space theme. In addition, the overlay will make subtle changes to the attraction’s interior that will improve the original experience altogether. The overlay, exclusive to Disneyland, California, is sure to add another dimension of thrill and excitement to the already popular indoor coaster.

The Cosmo Concert (Loose Narrative)
Every century, Space Station 77 hosts the Cosmo Concert, a musical performance held just outside the station itself. This century, Daft Punk will do the honor of hosting the event. Everyone in attendance will board their own personal rocket ship and follow Daft Punk as they careen “Around the World” atop their space stage.

QCVNqvBSFNJPXjSVCFyChBge3oH6Ozg1AJQa_tLep8c503-aOzMB46P5fRwqXzODceLJAwyYsAlxu3M-CgmKw0Fct3MOsGbgwbl2hL99VYam97Qf_f1FxEXjl1tVHihGcpmMMs4

SfwgQMFctdKEW6aGF_uxQuCfansYr_cIz0A5gZUAAw-tdRUxSrsuqEG9ntwTm5UbOzsXgmFxsv0iby7OpQIXY2mLYuRTFm4ec_5MjbOGLktVQYtn4Wmh7qBkgcsSD8HYiPbrEUA

The iconic design of the original attraction will remain untouched and completely intact, white color scheme and all. However, six new nighttime projection patterns will be introduced, all of which are accompanied by a mix of five Daft Punk songs, including “One More Time,” “Get Lucky,” “Harder Better Faster Stronger,” “Give Life Back to Music,” and “Contact.” The projection patterns range from bouncing music bars to a spinning synthesizer with individually-moving keys that match the current song. The projections and combined music will bring new life to the surrounding area at night. The exterior queue will remain virtually untouched, except for the updated attraction sign. Guests will hear a new com chat playing from the speakers on the ceiling while they wait just inside the mountain.

Female Technician: All personnel switch to channel number two for concert status check.
Male Technician #1: Synthesizer?
Male Technician #2: Go.
Male Technician #1: Power check. Are we go?
Male Technician #2: Roger.
Male Technician #1: Space stage?
Male Technician #2: We are go. Stage is functioning at maximum capacity.
Male Technician #1: Daft Punk?
Male Technician #2: Rehearsal in progress.
Female Technician: All personnel monitor space shuttle activity.
Male Technician #2: Roger. All shuttles are in working order.
Male Technician #1: Copy that. Double check propulsion systems.
Male Technician #2: Propulsion systems are functioning properly. Standby. All systems are functioning properly, except…
Male Technician #1: Proceed.
Male Technician #2: Speakers are malfunctioning.
Male Technician #1: Try calibrating them.
Male Technician #2: Roger (“Motherboard” plays; the sound is mixed in realtime).
Male Technician #1: Status report.
Male Technician #2: Go. Speakers seem to be functioning properly. Calibration successful.
Male Technician #1: Calibrate one more time.
Male Technician #2: Roger (“One More Time” plays).
Male Technician #1: Statement: coincidental song selection. Coincidence will be logged. Proceed with regular operations.
Male Technician #2: Roger.

Interior Queue
gTvAKmR6LpSXt3oeMPNiAqerVyP90RVVEZ34TbWpdQwLlTHMhl9WKRkmRLhZxehq7_g5t7724nlSAA83yAO5jlEhj45qGXj8dXniP5QvCTrU-dpbDMyR9P93BavA332ZtfxAeCM

The interior queue will see new green and violet lighting arrangements. A new safety video featuring Giorgio Moroder, who is wearing a navy blue space suit, plays in the familiar monitors; he recites the spiel to the instrumental tune of “Doin’ it Right.”

“Welcome, space travelers. Today, Space Station 77 is hosting the centurial ‘Cosmo Concert,’ featuring the sights and sounds of Daft Punk. You’ll experience a thrilling, high speed, roller-coaster type ride in near-darkness with high speeds, sudden drops and stops. Before embarking on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure, make sure to store all your belongings in the storage pouch in front of you, and remember to pull the safety restraints directly toward you before launch. They are waiting for you at the launching pad. Let’s do this right. Enjoy the concert.”

A major change to the queue is the return of the preview window into the mountain itself. Guests can once more peer into the window and watch the vehicles inside zoom past them. This time, however, the window is equipped with a “Next-Gen” element called “Meteor Defense Simulation.” Attached to the handrails in front of the window are four sleek cannons, each of them capable of moving in a defined direction. The cannons, with two handles, each of them with a red button on top, utilize the same technology from Toy Story Mania. A second layer of glass beyond the first layer will project images of speeding meteors, which blend seamlessly with the actual ride inside, making it appear as if they're zooming alongside the moving rockets. Guests of all ages can man one of the cannons and fire at the meteors. If there are at least three guests manning the cannons, an automated game will commence. Red lights on the ceiling will flash as guests hear Mission Control announce the simulation. “Warning. Warning. We are initiating a meteor defense simulation in t-minus ten seconds. All users prepare for commencement. Repeat. All users prepare for commencement. Burn as many meteors as possible within the time limit in 3…2…1.” With that, Daft Punk’s “Burn” plays as a virtual scoreboard is projected above each cannon as guests shoot the flying meteors. The simple object of destroying the most meteors will entertain guests as they wait in this section of the queue, which is known to reach long periods of waiting on busy days.

Loading/Unloading
This area will remain untouched, except for the monitor at the end of the station, which was never convincing enough to make a serious impression. The entire area will be reworked to create a more convincing “window” into space. Guests now gaze at what is supposed to be the area outside the station. Stars twinkle beyond as the Daft Punk duo occasionally flies by atop their space stage. The occasional meteor and passing synthesizer entertain guests as they prepare to embark on their adventure. Guests board the familiar vehicles, which have been repainted and coated with a glow-in-the dark material, allowing them to glow slightly in the dark as they once did. Rather than having a strict yellow-striped color scheme, the vehicles will now range from red and green to violet and yellow. In addition, the vehicles will receive new-and-improved speakers, which will improve upon the old ones, which often malfunctioned or failed to work altogether. Giorgio Moroder will also provide the onboard safety spiel.

“Space shuttle, the concert is beginning. Remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs safely inside the rocket. Watch your children. You are cleared for launch.”

The Attraction:
DWWYlCRmAJZCrE_9x04CUcSjA3FV63b0ez0ojkCsxZKHOTLz8cGVtQwPMwNSR0Vok3PVgbhJreTeIM4UOxFvBKA8dkbFSR1G8fiKjwKO15bnXOe7fXQICy4QDJZ39f7oMQ-Qc3g

The rocket proceeds slowly before the launch tower, which is unchanged. Finally, the rocket turns the corner into the first lift hill. “Welcome, attendants. The Cosmo Concert has begun. This is Mission Control. Pre-concert diagnostics are underway.” Synthesized sounds are randomly mixed and altered in realtime as the rocket climbs the first lift hill, which has been updated with sleek, translucent metal plating that allows it to reflect light more effectively. The now violet and bright purple lift hill is now more vibrant and kinetic than the last. Guests look up at a series of crisscrossing lines projected on the ceiling, which are completely rigid; that is until one of the lines begins to vibrate like a ripple of sound; a note from “Around the World” plays as the one line contagiously causes the rest of the lines to vibrate in unison. The rocket proceeds into the familiar tunnel, which is now bursting with bright colors ranging from violet and blue to green and orange.
jjyX33CAH9Tg28r4a-SIz1boR1taaL4dfN70vOxi9hldFyHz5ho49uomMN-XAwErvNyRYuUnCLWwPDTBkkQ-LC1mt8TfrbIIjCZQP6IeUzhkorJHeMjdGwNlvy7oMQ5ubGT5Ji8

Projected waves of visible "sound" bounce to the music as the voice of Mission Control melts into a robotic tone that seems to coincide with “Around the World,” which is steadily building in tempo. “Pre-concert diagnostics are complete. Daft Punk is onstage. Proceed to power transfer corridor.” The rocket turns right into the next lift hill, which shines brilliantly in blue and violent shades. A colorful trail of bright, milky light appears to rotate around guests. A strobe light flashes as a tunnel of blue lasers spin in front of guests, creating the sensation of spinning along with it. The sounds of electric charges are heard as Mission Control announces the power transfer. “Power transfer is complete. Daft Punk, lock in your launch coordinates.” At the end of the tunnel, the familiar duo appears in green laser form, pressing the synthesizer’s keys in accordance with the music. Guy-Man reaches for an invisible button above him causing the both of them to disappear, leaving only a wispy trail of green smoke.
rlWrimi0wSQb-Sy_R72G5fbH5AfqTRL-h8WBREDDjZtvbD_Uoe8h99wNlo5HDYRYJ7CbicPmMeo0mzf-sFxKGz7a8lh_md29om56mw9n49Ozr2SKi-GJAvWxq6t6WQIH4xI42Wk

The rocket exits the lift tunnel into the darkness of “space,” passing by the familiar meteor, which now spins and twirls, lit prominently by blacklight. As the rockets proceed up the final lift hill, a massive projection of the Daft Punk duo appear mapped on the inner surface of the dome, their heads bobbing up and down to “Around the World,” which is now rapidly increasing in tempo. A projected astronaut seems to bounce off the walls of the dome. He is carrying a boom box over his right shoulder. The astronaut “kicks” off the wall and flies over Guy-Man and Thomas, leaving behind a trail of stars, which quickly dissolve into space dust.
JS2k7O4OOHz0TugZcBqSjBf-mSEf98rrDV_Xv1h-UIN8Jyr_aedlcLzcWI4MCiyG97-MlbRDIvTuCyw8AxoXc9AzjdFHlMguMnESXXC280uvukJqoqG6Jsb9ELPjWUQYiA9eLdY

“This concert is better, faster and stronger than the rest, and you’re about to find out why in 5…4…3…2…1!” With that, the rocket takes a small dip below and begins its journey down the entire mountain. A fast-tempo rendition of “Around the World” plays as a projection of the duo aboard a flying stage follows the rocket, stopping before a spinning meteor, which “explodes” loudly above the heads of the musicians; fiber optic lights simulate the explosion. Rather than projecting common stars around the dome, the entire area is patterned with bright neon-style nebulas and space dust. Colorful laser arrangements create wireframe figures in the shape of synthesizers, guitars and trails of twisted musical notes. After completing 1/4th of the flight down the mountain, the rocket enters a sort of asteroid field, which is a new feature to the attraction altogether, and can likewise be used for the original attraction.

The moving “asteroids” are rigged to mechanisms attached to the ride track itself, which guides the asteroid figures in the same path that the rockets travel. This feeds the illusion that the asteroids are actually following the rockets. At one point, guests are almost completely surrounded by the asteroids, which glow in dark red shades. Before dropping down the hill at the halfway point, a massive asteroid appears, apparently blocking the path ahead. The asteroid is actually a simple mechanical figure that is split into two parts. The rocket triggers a sensor that causes the asteroid to split in half mere seconds before the rocket hits it; a strobe light loud sound effect indicates to guests that the rocket caused the asteroid to burst into two halves; the rockets then drop down the lift hill and through a tunnel made to look like a music record. Daft Punk appears from behind a projected asteroid. They are seen onstage, headphones on their heads, jetpacks on their backs. They voluntarily jump off the stage just in time before a speeding comet causes it to burst into seemingly thousands of stars. A small collection of multicolored planets, some of them with rings made to look like music records, spin atop rigs hidden in the dark around the structure. The rocket speeds past an animatronic astronaut, who is seemingly tethered to the track. The astronaut, whose head is adorned with large headphones, waves at guests as they near the end of their descent.

The end to “Around the World” nears as the rocket seems to pick up speed; Guy-Man and Thomas are seen careening above guests, gripping the electric cord from their synthesizer. The two bump heads, causing their helmets to “fly” above guests’ heads and to the other side of the mountain. The rocket takes a steep curve and guests find the helmets spinning uncontrollably above, swirling rapidly and creating a tunnel of light created via lasers. The lasers seem to draw the rocket toward it (this is right before the rocket enters the final tunnel).
RkiZkXHCRqL1tM9mL4Bvt1aM0DCJDUVC53oOvvOlwzGRL3YDA2m_XEEt-10VQUZ4cA7RByj9kfLPqj8LHjQxDTeZKUsOY4dq7igye_OrLjaBO9k1TKImMgn6dAcqe5Nutmj1p-I

The helmets suddenly find their way back to their owners before the rockets enter the tunnel. The two land safely atop a spinning drum; they bounce playfully on it, waving goodbye at guests as they speed through the familiar, colorful tunnel. Before reentering the loading area, guests look to the nearby wall, where they find Guy-Man and Thomas “walking” along the walls. They both have their hands on their heads, which rotate slightly in dizziness. They “look” towards guests and make two separate gestured with their hands. The first is the letter “d” and the second is the letter “p,” obviously the initials to “Daft Punk.” Guests recover from the hair-raising adventure as Mission Control exclaims “Welcome back, attendants. That concert was once in a lifetime!” Guests then proceed out of the rockets and back up the familiar stairs, eager for a look at their on-ride photos.

mickeyfan5534

Because the concept's out of the bag anyway, my intention was to do this comp concept in Winter/Spring or Summer next year. Most likely Summer because of how I'm doing the format lol. Stay tuned for it though because I think it'll be a super fun and unique competition with a lot of room for creativity.

tcool123

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remakes just announced!
This Pokemon Presents Direct? Perfect 😍

The whole thing for those that wanna watch:

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remakes:

Pokemon Legends Arceus, like a whole nee game that looks badbutt (see look I censored myself 😉)

And of course them cashing in on my preschool years, New Pokemon Snap:

I didn’t get teary eyed watching this, nuh uh that was just uh sweat in my eyes 😅

mickeyfan5534

This Pokemon Presents Direct? Perfect 😍

The whole thing for those that wanna watch:

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remakes:

Pokemon Legends Arceus, like a whole nee game that looks badbutt (see look I censored myself 😉)

And of course them cashing in on my preschool years, New Pokemon Snap:

I didn’t get teary eyed watching this, nuh uh that was just uh sweat in my eyes 😅

Pokémon Legends looks a lil... crunchy but they have a year to fix it

tcool123

Pokémon Legends looks a lil... crunchy but they have a year to fix it
Now that you mention it I do see it, but at the time I watching I think I was so blown away by the possibilities of this game that I didn’t focus on the graphics.

I’m sure it’ll improve I remember the first look at New Pokemon Snap wasn’t very polished, but it looks beautiful now IMO. Lowkey wish Legends pulled in artsy crll shaded graphics look like from Okami.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom