Attachments

• 1613842337889.png
    1613842337889.png
    409.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

NateD1226

NateD1226’s Guest Review
Stanza VI - Team Space
  • I love that you went with animation! In non-Disney theme parks, animation always gets the cheap rides, so it’s fun to see a land dedicated to animation with some cool stuff
  • Really liked how you expanded on the park and gave little gateways to future ideas
  • The Minecraft entrance is beautiful!
  • The map is really nice! Everything is laid out perfectly!
  • I’m going to be honest, I haven’t watched some of these shows. I’ve seen a few seasons of The Simpsons, a few episodes of Family Guy, and I haven’t watched Bob’s Burgers or Futurama. So I apologize if I miss certain aspects of the land lol
  • Quahog sounds delightful! You absolutely nailed the atmosphere part of the land
  • The Drunken Clam is awesome and the menu is very fun lol
  • Springfield is another awesome land and the custom music was so nice to listen to while reading the section
  • My main gripe with this land is that everything felt so quick. Nothing was really fleshed out and there wasn’t consistency with some of the writing sections.
  • The formatting for me was also a little off. Having 1 sentence under a header was unnecessary and could have been formatted just a bit better.
  • Despite my notes, the attractions are really nice and have some great aspects to them.
  • Steamed Hams!!
  • Side note, I really appreciate the synopsis of the show at the top. It really helps people like me, who haven’t watched the show, really grasp the concept.
  • The Futurama section is much more fleshed out which is great to see. I still think some of the rides could have used more detail, but they were all great
  • Professor Farnsworth's Buggalo Roundup is a fun addition to the land and I love indoor coasters so this a win for me haha
  • Zapp To The Future is another great concept but just needed a little more
  • The John A. Zoidberg M.D Show, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Trust a Lobster With My Surgery is awesome. Love to see a show included in the land
  • The dining is great, but it's a lot. I think cutting one would have been better.
  • Ocean Ave. is nice, but there is very little to it which sucks because it comes right after a land with 3 attractions and 3 dining options. I would have loved to see more.
  • What’s there is really nice and the menu options sound great
  • Overall, it is a nice project. It needed some more detail and better consistency throughout the land. You should be proud though. There were some great concepts and ideas.

Evilgidgit

Evilgidgit's Reviews: Team Time -- New York

New team rosters, new team possibilities and ideas!
  • New York is a very compact, well thought out, and immersive land that manages to capture the essence of New York. Though the name can be considered boring, it is what it is -- New York. Central Park could have made a suitable replacement title, but it's fine.
  • The website design and fantastic maps, photo reps, and use of Planet Coaster really make it stand out. The use of PC gives a concrete idea of what the land looks like. Admittedly there is one blunder where the link to the Futurama: Across All Dimensions links instead to NatM, but that's a minor issue.
  • Night at the Museum fits well as a trackless dark ride, having a Mystic Manor vibe too it (actually being older than MM).
  • A Die Hard drop tower is a suitable fit. Although the film is set in LA, I don't think there is much problem with changing locale, as the ride experience makes up for it -- though I can never imagine John McClane saying "They'll regret the day they tried to face me. Thanks for your help y'all!"
  • The swan boat ride is very peaceful pleasant...though why bother put that cat vomit of a movie in there as a joke scene! *hisses*
  • The shops and restaurants are particularly nice, with the menus fitting quite well into NYC.
  • Admittedly, my knowledge of Futurama is very limited, but I did enjoy the overall land. Going through the pizza joint into Futurama is a nice touch. It is a worthy cousin to Springfield.
  • Futurama: Across All Dimensions is good in concept, but is rather short in execution. There is a virtual queue, but then are locations that feel like part of a normal queue. Are these rooms part of the ride or separate areas to explore? The lack of a detailed ride experience is disappointing.
  • A Satanic robot musical ride...yeah, I'm game.
  • I didn't know Lady Tremaine ran a megacorp in Futurama.
  • Like the Central Park shops and restaurants, the Futurama ones are very quirky and well-themed. The restaurants both somehow feel like they belong in both the 21st and 31st century.

AceAstro

I‘d expect that from losers like you
Just in case you already forgot :p

STANZA VI RESULTS

the-deed-jpg.529489

Team Space
While your underlying land concept was the strongest and most focused, and the context given within the park and region helped solidify that, the presentation of individual attractions simply left a lot to be desired, with many descriptions reading more like synopses than fully-fleshed walkthroughs.

Team Reality
While there is absolutely no denying the passion on display with this team, and the presentation quality - from large things like the website to individual attraction descriptions - is of a fantastically high quality, unfortunately as a land project this lacked a lot of focus. Over-ambition got the better of you, making it harder to appreciate your wonderful work.

Team Time
This project features excellent presentation quality on par with Team Reality, while also enjoying a New York land with a narrower focus which helps everything shine through all the better, helped out by a delightful Futurama area, lovely PC art, and several delightful little grace notes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom