The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY - The Fortress of Fate

TheOriginalTiki

FERDINAND MAGELLAN: “What was your most challenging Stanza this season? Why did it haunt you so?”

The challenge that still haunts me is definitely Stanza V. That really threw me off. I felt like a pro old school Survivor player being thrown into the new school era. The big group projects in general, both stanza V and the last one, were by far the most challenging things for me to navigate and both times ended up with solid but not great small contributions on my end. I thrive in a smaller group, so when the whole cast is involved in the brainstorming I tend to get really overwhelmed and almost just self isolate.

MARCO POLO: “What is your proudest accomplishment this season? We must explore what makes us great!”

The run of stanzas that Team Yesterday won towards the start of the season was by far the most into the game that I've been this run. It was such a great feeling getting @mickeyfan5534 @Tux and @NateD1226 together as a well-oiled machine, and even more of a pleasure once folks like @D Hindley joined our ranks. I was truly proud of the team-building I was able to pull off with that run of projects and especially with the Arabian Knights and Brazil projects I hit a stride that I wish could have lasted the whole season.

LEONARDO DA VINCI: “How have you grown as an imagineer this season and what new things have you tried? Often imagineers must strive to be renaissance men!"

I'm going to have to go back to the early rounds for this, because I think the biggest change up in my game this time around was treating the social game as important as the creative game. Through that I was able to establish tight bonds with every member of Team Yesterday and managed to command a specific group of players to consecutive wins. Even when I was on my trip my input guided us to victory. Generally speaking I think when I'm put into a smaller team assignment with folks who are willing to put in the elbow grease with me, I shine. I feel like this season I've really demonstrated my leadership skills more than any other Imagineering game I've played. A lot of the times I've played SA in the past I've felt out of the loop socially, so this time around I made sure that didn't happen and went out of my way to get a tight circle of allies that I could work well with around me at all times. I also did some hand drawn artwork I'd never attempted before. There's that too, I guess haha.

"The Final Act will be more intense and feature more eliminations as we head into the finale, are you sure you wish to proceed? Or would you rather just work on the more casual Mission: Mumbai team? There is no shame in stepping down."

I'm on board. I really want this. You can tell by my response to the last answer that I've had a game plan in place to get this far, and I really want to go forward with that game plan and see just how far my team-building and social game can take me in the final rounds.

LEONARDO DA VINCI: “Any other final thoughts before we pass our judgement!"

My game got really thrown out of whack due to the timing of my vacation mixed with the virus of it all. Real life got in the way a lot during act two. With that in mind, don't think Act One Tiki isn't still around, waiting to come out and finish this thing. I was completely all in during the early rounds, and now that we've all settled into these weird times that won't be ending any time soon I feel like I have nothing but potential to go on and make a memorable run at the end game. Last time I played I ran out of gas and unceremoniously quit. That certainly won't be the case this time around. I'm absolutely in this to win this no matter what it takes. Not gonna lie, cutting me would be cutting a genuinely cut-throat player whose thirsty for the win.

Also this...
efc34d1482867dae40e0985ac24a4e841b836868.gifv

AceAstro

FERDINAND MAGELLAN: “What was your most challenging Stanza this season? Why did it haunt you so?”

Mumbai. A park to that scale is nothing to scoff at. I took on the role of PM for the Adventureland area and then life got in the way and I disappeared for a few days on the team. I came back to a few changes but I still feel like I let the team down in the middle of the brainstorming phase. I am very happy with the final product of both Adventureland and the rest of the park.

MARCO POLO: “What is your proudest accomplishment this season? We must explore what makes us great!”

To me, it was the Adventures by Disney stanza. The 48-hour, 20 sentence stanza has been my favourite all 3 seasons I have participated (#BloodyWatermelonWall) so knew this one had to be good. Even though we didn't win, I believe we had a solid idea, a nice video, and a different way to advertise it that isn't seen often. It's a project I thoroughly enjoyed working on and think the final product shows that.

LEONARDO DA VINCI: “How have you grown as an imagineer this season and what new things have you tried? Often imagineers must strive to be renaissance men!"

Art. As always, I can handle doing anything but art. However, for Stanza IX, the push was for the parade to complete custom art. While I wasn't a huge fan of the Wreck-It-Ralph float, I am extremely proud of the Frollo Firebird float.

Frollo Firebird.png

All the Founder's Ghosts: "The Final Act will be more intense and feature more eliminations as we head into the finale, are you sure you wish to proceed? Or would you rather just work on the more casual Mission: Mumbai team? There is no shame in stepping down."

I would love to continue! I have had a blast until this point and would love to see how far I can go.

Disney Dad 3000

FERDINAND MAGELLAN: “What was your most challenging Stanza this season? Why did it haunt you so?
Honestly probably stanza X. I love working in a team setting, small or larger. That one was just a little much for me with so many voices, especially early on. I think it's great, because it's what makes this community what it is, and the end result speaks for itself. I'm like Tiki in that regard as I found myself observing the first few days. Part of it probably too is because it is in a competition so there is that rush to get ideas and discussion going. Once the lands were split up a bit I found it a little easier. Wish I could of contributed a little more idea wise but was happy with the contributions I was able to make to the park.

MARCO POLO: “What is your proudest accomplishment this season? We must explore what makes us great!
Tough call between project lead on Saludos Beach in Stanza IV or Stanza V, Rogue Nations. I think in the end Stanza V wins out. That round is always a challenge for me because I know very little about the other worldwide parks beyond what I pick up from playing Planet Coaster occasionally or on PC youtube videos. Getting to partner with @D Hindley again on Phantasialand was an absolute blast as we work well together and he's so freaking talented. I was really happy with how the park turned out, especially Munchausen Palast where we put the most detail and would even love to go back at some point and tweak those Baron rides/restaurant with maybe some layouts and artwork. I honestly just wish we'd had another week that we could have gone even more into some of the other park improvements, done original artwork, etc. I'd I was also really happy how the presentation turned out for that round. I did a good bit of work on all of the connector pages of the magazine that hopefully helped tie all of the project presentations together and having @NateD1226 to team up with getting all of the great content transferred in there was great.

One thing I've gotten to do this season that I'd never really done in one of the comps or Imagineering in general is map making. I'd experimented here and there with similar techniques for ride layouts in the past, but larger scale maps for a larger area was a new adventure. I have fiddled a bit on the side with my own project, but getting to give a go at a few different ones, each progressively larger and better I think (Paris entrance, Morocco pavilion and Saludos Beach), was awesome to have that chance and practice. I'm also a tinkerer when it comes to trying out new programs, so getting to play around with new video options for Paris, and using planet coaster to make one of my floats (villians parade), though unintended was nice to have that chance.

All the Founder's Ghosts: "The Final Act will be more intense and feature more eliminations as we head into the finale, are you sure you wish to proceed? Or would you rather just work on the more casual Mission: Mumbai team? There is no shame in stepping down.
I definitely wish to proceed with the competition and see what I can do to get into that finale. Really happy that I've been able to contribute each stanza except one and want to keep going. There's a lot of great talent in the competition and I'd be proud to get there. I'm ready to go all out for the next few weeks if I am able to continue and make that happen.

You guys have really done a fantastic job of keeping the SAU train going and you had 2 tough previous acts to follow. Thanks for a great season so far.

giphy.gif

Brer Oswald

I’m very busy, so my answers are going to be short and concise. If it not adequate enough, you can axe me.

Most challenging prompt was last one, mainly because of how hard of a week I had. I just was not motivated, so I’m sorry.

Proudest accomplishment was the Kirby one. It came together really quickly and effectively.

Improvement? Despite my lack of motivation, I’ve felt more passionate for theses projects than I have for the past few years, and it’s just be fun.

Step down? Idk. I’m willing to give next round a go, but if the cards don’t fall, that’s okay. I’m not trying to win, I’m just trying to make cool stuff that I’m passionate about.

pix

I feel like it is really easy to say my most challenging stanza was the last one, simply because I didn't really contribute much, and with my own life the way it is it just was crazy hard. But the project wasn't really what made it hard. So I am going to say the International parks all vs. judges was my most challenging for a few reasons. I know pretty much nothing about theme parks outside of Disney and honestly outside of America so I felt way out of my depth. Plus I always struggle to find my place with that many people working together especially when most know more than me. So between the actual project being out of my depth plus my own insecurities that was my most challenging.

I think my proudest achievement this season would be my monstrosity of a presentation for the Minions Fart Gun Frenzy. I never really felt like I was "Good" at being a team leader and presentations scare me a ton in terms of project components but that set of slides was just so fun to work on and a real step outside of my comfort zone and it felt good.

I have really tried a lot of things outside my comfort zone this season. I have done a ton of hand drawn art which I A) don't usually do and B) when I do I don't usually show people. But I really wanted to do something new and try to stop being intimidated by all of these other amazing artists and really grow my confidence. Plus it being hand drawn really helped me feel like I was standing out among the digital artists. (plus my family took all my art either for themselves or to put on the fridge and that feels good)

All the Founder's Ghosts: "The Final Act will be more intense and feature more eliminations as we head into the finale, are you sure you wish to proceed? Or would you rather just work on the more casual Mission: Mumbai team? There is no shame in stepping down."

I wavered on this question a bit, not because I don't want to move forward but as a running theme I don't feel like I deserve a place among everyone else who is so great at these things and it would be easy to step down and keep working on casual projects. But also as a running theme this season is one that I pushed myself for growth and I want a place in the finale to prove to myself I can.

I wish to proceed.

I am gonna go listen to The Magnus Archives now and I think everyone should listen to it cause its good and I wanna talk about it.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Kicking it off...
FERDINAND MAGELLAN: “What was your most challenging Stanza this season?
- Probably Stanza VII because it was an all hands on deck adventure to get that project out. Life circumstances and unfamiliarity with the project made the initial brainstorming tough, and I'd never joined a Stanza halfway before so that was something different.

MARCO POLO: “What is your proudest accomplishment this season?
- I'd say both Stanza IX and X were standout moments.
- Stanza IX because folks like @Puffs and @Evilgidgit and everyone on Team Tomorrow truly defined what teamwork is all about, each designing concept art for the parade - making it one of the few projects in imagineering competitions that is completely made up of customized artwork.
- Stanza X as well because it was an undertaking never before seen in this competition's history - in less than 2 weeks a group of a dozen plus imagineers came together and designed an entire park? That project to me will define the season regardless of anything else.

LEONARDO DA VINCI: “How have you grown as an imagineer this season and what new things have you tried?
- In the past I was more inclined to take on larger roles - but now it's hard for me to do that with real life, so having to transition to more of a role player leads me to have to trust others more to get stuff done, and I think that's a good thing.

All the Founder's Ghosts: "The Final Act will be more intense and feature more eliminations as we head into the finale, are you sure you wish to proceed? Or would you rather just work on the more casual Mission: Mumbai team?
- I was only in this to do a few stanzas of Act 2, so I won't be going on to the Final Act - but I'll be around on the Mumbai Team for folks wanting to continue on.

- We're all peers here so stuff like Mumbai Disneyland shows what we're all capable of when we put our collective imaginations together (and when we're forced to be quarantined) but nevertheless - for those moving on, best of luck, for those on the Mumbai Team - I'll see ya there.

- @spacemt354 -

You are a legend around these forums, and it was great to see you make your return in Act II. We wish you the best of fun on the casual team. Would you like to be a guest judge for Act III?

DECISION - Drops Out

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That's a tricky one... probably the Adventures by Disney one, considering I know next-to-nothing about Adventures by Disney.

Well, I got to do some art. I do love to draw, and I was pretty honored seeing everyone talk about how good my art was.

I think I have grown as an Imagineer a little. I've started posting my own art for the first time, I've gotten to work on some original attractions (in the past, many of my "original attractions" have been kind of crappy) and, heck, the fact that I'm actually doing another one of these Imagineering Competitions shows some growth (I haven't done one of these in a while, and I wound up dropping out of the last one I did before this).

I'd like to proceed, yes.
Y'know what's a great show? Zoboomafoo.

- @Brer Panther -

This was a hard decision for us, possibly the hardest so far. You have done a great job all game with your artwork and remained a largely dependable player. Unfortunately, with only eight spots to advance, you are on the wrong side of the chopping block. Please don't take this personally, you are a great SAU player and we hope to see you either on the casual team, as a guest judge, playing again next season, or in a future project on the forums. But, for the purposes of the Sorcerer's Apprentice Odyssey, we're afraid you have been cut.

DECISION - Eliminated from the Game

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'd say that the most challenging Stanza was the villain parade. A combination of life getting in the way for everyone with a concept that is inherently difficult to create.

As a whole, the Disney Journey and Mumbai Disneyland are both some of my absolute favorite creations on this site.

I've learned more about what works and what doesn't and I've stretched my legs a bit with stuff I've never done before. I've never done a cruise ship and that ended up being one of the most fun stanzas.
EDIT: I'd also like to add that TMNT is a powerhouse.

Bring it on!

This was an absolute pleasure of a season.

- @mickeyfan5534 -

You've done a great job this season and have some excellent projects under your belt. And you are right, the turtles are a powerhouse! We look forward to what you will bring in Act 3!

DECISION - Advances to Final Eight

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I would say the first Stanza and the eighth Stanza. The first Stanza since several of our members were busy with life outside of the forums, so we had to rush parts of the project's completion with that combined with some of the disorganization of themes along with some poor decisions I made in terms of judgement and design such as with the Kingsman scene getting in The Great Modern Movie ride, which I implemented, so when I was reading the reviews, I realized that in hindsight the often mixing of themes and pushing the limits were terrible ideas. The eighth stanza because I ended up misinterpreting the deadline and went offline for an extended period of time, essentially abandoning my team which I wanted to avoid.

Probably it has to be everything I did on the Disney Adventure (Team Yesterday), and the analysis's I did throughout the stanzas. Mainly because I managed to get the restaurants, retail, rides, and a sketch done without the quality dipping within a relatively short time span. The analysis's because I managed to keep my info accurate which went into multiple project's designs, which often influenced plots and formatting. Also, I was quite happy with the results on The Art Of Arjuna and the minor fixes in the Efteling.

I would say I grew by increasing the quality of the projects I produced and by being more useful to the team in comparison to past competitions throughout the forums. I feel as if I was helpful in only the first two acts of One Little Spark season 2 to the overall team, before fading into the background, and only really resurfacing in the independent later rounds.

View attachment 458994

In all seriousness though, I had a blast with this being my first season of Sorcerer's. I had a great time with you all. I'm happy with what I managed to do, and the friends I made along the way. Thank you for inviting me to play.

- @Tux -

For your second competition, this is a great outing! Not only with your work, but your ethic: letting your team know when you would be gone, apologizing to judges when you made an (understandable) mistake. And you created a bunch of alliances along the way! You close your post in a very conclusive manner, but we'd like to see you keep playing... maybe even win!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1. I think the most challenging Stanza was the Europe Parks Renovation. There were so many ideas flowing around, sometimes it was hard to keep track. But we pushed through it!

2. I think my most accomplished moment in this season was being a PM for the Europe Parks Renovation. I really learned a lot when taking the lead on 15 people.

3. I would say that I grew a lot. I have gotten better with time management and being more detailed in my writing. Plus I love working with new people every season!

4. I had so much fun this season! Can't wait to see what the future brings

- @NateD1226 -

You've done a fantastic job this season! Big improvements from an already accomplished last season. We agree you did a great job in Stanza V, despite it also being your most challenging. Much excitement for what the future will bring!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Mumbai Disneyland, no doubt. It was a lot of work serving as unofficial Project Manager for the biggest, baddest, boldest project in recent memory, with its vast park-wide scale, careful cultural details, elaborate quarantine-assisted map...and the final results are extremely close to the park which I first pictured when I proposed Mumbai.

Mumbai Disneyland, no doubt. It was a lot of work serving as unofficial Project Manager for the biggest, baddest, boldest project in recent memory, with its vast park-wide scale, careful cultural details, elaborate quarantine-assisted map...and the final results are extremely close to the park which I first pictured when I proposed Mumbai.

I made a Google Sites for the first time. That was cool. And I've honed my established talents, such as illustration...that drawing of Mumbai Disneyland hopefully speaks for itself.

Honestly I just want to be a part of any Mumbai Disneyland projects going forward, because I have a strong sense that we're not done with Mumbai...not by a long shot! And it's my baby.

dafoe.png

- @D Hindley -

Not much to say here... Mumbai Disneyland was a huge disappointment... /s

But actually, you are the MVP of the epic Mumbai project, and that alone would have gotten you into the Finals. What's more, you've kept that level of talent along with teamwork throughout the whole season. You are a major contender for winning the season. Other finalists should watch carefully.

And also, we are staying in Mumbai. For the rest of the season.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
FERDINAND MAGELLAN: “What was your most challenging Stanza this season? Why did it haunt you so?” Definitely the ABD stanza. I didn’t even know about ABD until that stanza, I didn’t expect to be PM, & there weren’t many choices for trips (due to political reasons or cause they were already ABDs). But I think the thing that haunted me the most is that well I think I did do alright as PM given the conditions, I think I could’ve done a lot better & should have stepped up & taken action like @AceAstro did that stanza
definitely Stanza II. Stanza I was probably my 2nd worst moment, but I learned from it. I did write-ups for bars, restaurants, & even activities, I had ideas & I executed them. So well it wasn’t my best writing this season, I still improved (& though it’s not my point, I also learned the strengths & weaknesses of my fellow imagineers) So whether I make it to Act III or not, that’s definitely a stanza I’m gonna have fond memories of for a long time
well I wrote a lot of restaurants & improved in writing them, I’m still not the best. I actually think that I grew as an artist this season. The only way to improve at art is to just keep drawing, but it’s hard to keep drawing if you don’t have a reason, motivation, & incentive to draw. This season gave me all those things
well I can’t say for certain I deserve to proceed, this season has been really fun so far & i’d love to move forward

This season has been both fun & helped me grow as a writer & artist. So whether I proceed or not, I just wanna say you’ve done an excellent job hosting, creating, & judging @Pi on my Cake , @Outbound , & @PerGronStudio as well as @spacemt354 & everyone else who’s contributed to this competition :).

- @Puffs -

It's pretty amazing this is your first game. You're constantly rushing to the front-lines with ideas, volunteering, even stepping up project manager on your third Imagineering round. And completing the bonus prompts. Not only that, but you've also improved tremendously. You know, we started this with a bunch of "We will watch your career with great interest" gifs, but now something would appropriate would be:

giphy.gif

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'd have to say Stanza V -- redesigning and expanding a park I had little knowledge of, which is a little ironic since I live in the UK, was quite the challenge. I felt it was a bit of a struggle coming up with ideas and getting motivation rolling, but when @Brer Oswald rocketed in with his amazing ideas for the Sonic land, the whole thing came together. The rest of my ideas were a bit muddled and I probably should have gone with a singular literary source than multiple -- I likely would've strictly gone with Beatrix Potter, but that indoor Narnia subland with its own climate was too good to pass up. To hell with your imaginary budgets, I do what I want!!

To my own surprise, it is working on the Disney Adventure. I had never been on a Disney cruise before (or a cruise in general), so my knowledge of that part of Disney's vacation industry was basically the shows and that's it. Designing slides, pools, play areas, and deck restaurants blew my mind and required a lot of studying on the existing Disney ships. It also gave me an opportunity to create some theatre shows as well and develop a better understanding of the cruise ships.

This season has allowed me to think outside the box and be a little more ambitious in my ideas and creativity. Although I didn't really explore other avenues like drawing, etc., I surprised myself by taking the lead on several stanzas or projects within those stanzas. Leadership is not really one of my ambitions in life, but I did enjoy guiding projects and suggesting ideas. It was nice to come up with a unique parade and an Avengers Campus that won't follow the Galaxy's Edge copy and paste formula.

I am eager to journey into the final act, but the elephant in the room remains -- my commitment to work and those pesky time zones. Yes, I am beating a dead unicorn by now with this, but it is a problem. I am working from home now and has to prioritise my job above all else, leaving me tired at the end of each day, but it is nice to have this to go to when I am more relaxed. The competition is one of my few sources of creative input at the moment, though if things are to grow ever huger and more intense, timing may be poor. I'd be perfectly fine with being eliminated here and contributing to Mission Mumbai, but I also wish to keep on having fun, making some magic, and destroying everyone as well. Let's keep this hypetrain going.

Hmmm...

I wish I was a little grub. Wouldn't life be funny. I'd climb into the honey pot, and make my tummy gummy!

- @Evilgidgit -

It’s awesome to see your excitement for Act 3, however, we have a limited number of spots available, and your responses feels a bit like a positive goodbye. Sorry, but someone has to be cut. Thank you for your honesty.

In terms of creative input, the MISSION: MUMBAI MISNOMER team should perfectly suit your interests. And let us know if you'd wish to be a guest judge.

DECISION - Eliminated from the Game

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

The challenge that still haunts me is definitely Stanza V. That really threw me off. I felt like a pro old school Survivor player being thrown into the new school era. The big group projects in general, both stanza V and the last one, were by far the most challenging things for me to navigate and both times ended up with solid but not great small contributions on my end. I thrive in a smaller group, so when the whole cast is involved in the brainstorming I tend to get really overwhelmed and almost just self isolate.

The run of stanzas that Team Yesterday won towards the start of the season was by far the most into the game that I've been this run. It was such a great feeling getting @mickeyfan5534 @Tux and @NateD1226 together as a well-oiled machine, and even more of a pleasure once folks like @D Hindley joined our ranks. I was truly proud of the team-building I was able to pull off with that run of projects and especially with the Arabian Knights and Brazil projects I hit a stride that I wish could have lasted the whole season.

I'm going to have to go back to the early rounds for this, because I think the biggest change up in my game this time around was treating the social game as important as the creative game. Through that I was able to establish tight bonds with every member of Team Yesterday and managed to command a specific group of players to consecutive wins. Even when I was on my trip my input guided us to victory. Generally speaking I think when I'm put into a smaller team assignment with folks who are willing to put in the elbow grease with me, I shine. I feel like this season I've really demonstrated my leadership skills more than any other Imagineering game I've played. A lot of the times I've played SA in the past I've felt out of the loop socially, so this time around I made sure that didn't happen and went out of my way to get a tight circle of allies that I could work well with around me at all times. I also did some hand drawn artwork I'd never attempted before. There's that too, I guess haha.

"The Final Act will be more intense and feature more eliminations as we head into the finale, are you sure you wish to proceed? Or would you rather just work on the more casual Mission: Mumbai team? There is no shame in stepping down."

I'm on board. I really want this. You can tell by my response to the last answer that I've had a game plan in place to get this far, and I really want to go forward with that game plan and see just how far my team-building and social game can take me in the final rounds.

My game got really thrown out of whack due to the timing of my vacation mixed with the virus of it all. Real life got in the way a lot during act two. With that in mind, don't think Act One Tiki isn't still around, waiting to come out and finish this thing. I was completely all in during the early rounds, and now that we've all settled into these weird times that won't be ending any time soon I feel like I have nothing but potential to go on and make a memorable run at the end game. Last time I played I ran out of gas and unceremoniously quit. That certainly won't be the case this time around. I'm absolutely in this to win this no matter what it takes. Not gonna lie, cutting me would be cutting a genuinely cut-throat player whose thirsty for the win.

Also this...
efc34d1482867dae40e0985ac24a4e841b836868.gifv

- @TheOriginalTiki -

This is a fantastic entry into Stanza XI. Honest but also motivating. We were unsure of how to place you based on your stellar Act One and busier Act Two, but you've let us know: Act Three Tiki has come to win. We're excited to see what's to come.

I'm absolutely in this to win this no matter what it takes. Not gonna lie, cutting me would be cutting a genuinely cut-throat player whose thirsty for the win.

But wait... I recall something similar...

giphy.gif

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Mumbai. A park to that scale is nothing to scoff at. I took on the role of PM for the Adventureland area and then life got in the way and I disappeared for a few days on the team. I came back to a few changes but I still feel like I let the team down in the middle of the brainstorming phase. I am very happy with the final product of both Adventureland and the rest of the park.

To me, it was the Adventures by Disney stanza. The 48-hour, 20 sentence stanza has been my favourite all 3 seasons I have participated (#BloodyWatermelonWall) so knew this one had to be good. Even though we didn't win, I believe we had a solid idea, a nice video, and a different way to advertise it that isn't seen often. It's a project I thoroughly enjoyed working on and think the final product shows that.

Art. As always, I can handle doing anything but art. However, for Stanza IX, the push was for the parade to complete custom art. While I wasn't a huge fan of the Wreck-It-Ralph float, I am extremely proud of the Frollo Firebird float.

View attachment 459157

I would love to continue! I have had a blast until this point and would love to see how far I can go.

- @AceAstro -

You've played a solid game up to this point, and definitely improved with your art skills. However, Act 3 is open for only eight players, and with so much talent someone is bound to take a fall. Had it been nine, you would have made the cut. You still did an excellent job this season, and we hope you continue with the comp either in the MISSION: MUMBAI MISNOMER or as a guest judge.

DECISION - Eliminated from Game

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
FERDINAND MAGELLAN: “What was your most challenging Stanza this season? Why did it haunt you so?
Honestly probably stanza X. I love working in a team setting, small or larger. That one was just a little much for me with so many voices, especially early on. I think it's great, because it's what makes this community what it is, and the end result speaks for itself. I'm like Tiki in that regard as I found myself observing the first few days. Part of it probably too is because it is in a competition so there is that rush to get ideas and discussion going. Once the lands were split up a bit I found it a little easier. Wish I could of contributed a little more idea wise but was happy with the contributions I was able to make to the park.

MARCO POLO: “What is your proudest accomplishment this season? We must explore what makes us great!
Tough call between project lead on Saludos Beach in Stanza IV or Stanza V, Rogue Nations. I think in the end Stanza V wins out. That round is always a challenge for me because I know very little about the other worldwide parks beyond what I pick up from playing Planet Coaster occasionally or on PC youtube videos. Getting to partner with @D Hindley again on Phantasialand was an absolute blast as we work well together and he's so freaking talented. I was really happy with how the park turned out, especially Munchausen Palast where we put the most detail and would even love to go back at some point and tweak those Baron rides/restaurant with maybe some layouts and artwork. I honestly just wish we'd had another week that we could have gone even more into some of the other park improvements, done original artwork, etc. I'd I was also really happy how the presentation turned out for that round. I did a good bit of work on all of the connector pages of the magazine that hopefully helped tie all of the project presentations together and having @NateD1226 to team up with getting all of the great content transferred in there was great.

One thing I've gotten to do this season that I'd never really done in one of the comps or Imagineering in general is map making. I'd experimented here and there with similar techniques for ride layouts in the past, but larger scale maps for a larger area was a new adventure. I have fiddled a bit on the side with my own project, but getting to give a go at a few different ones, each progressively larger and better I think (Paris entrance, Morocco pavilion and Saludos Beach), was awesome to have that chance and practice. I'm also a tinkerer when it comes to trying out new programs, so getting to play around with new video options for Paris, and using planet coaster to make one of my floats (villians parade), though unintended was nice to have that chance.

All the Founder's Ghosts: "The Final Act will be more intense and feature more eliminations as we head into the finale, are you sure you wish to proceed? Or would you rather just work on the more casual Mission: Mumbai team? There is no shame in stepping down.
I definitely wish to proceed with the competition and see what I can do to get into that finale. Really happy that I've been able to contribute each stanza except one and want to keep going. There's a lot of great talent in the competition and I'd be proud to get there. I'm ready to go all out for the next few weeks if I am able to continue and make that happen.

You guys have really done a fantastic job of keeping the SAU train going and you had 2 tough previous acts to follow. Thanks for a great season so far.

View attachment 459205

- @Disney Dad 3000 -

Luckily, Act 3 will have smaller teams than the colossal Stanza X. You've done a good job so far this season, but you have tough competition. Your extended Stanza XI plus the Bonus Prompt is really telling of your enthusiasm, and nudges you into a finalist spot.

On a side note, it’s great to see you develop map-making skills! They have been so great, Outbound didn’t realize they were some of your firsts!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I’m very busy, so my answers are going to be short and concise. If it not adequate enough, you can axe me.

Most challenging prompt was last one, mainly because of how hard of a week I had. I just was not motivated, so I’m sorry.

Proudest accomplishment was the Kirby one. It came together really quickly and effectively.

Improvement? Despite my lack of motivation, I’ve felt more passionate for theses projects than I have for the past few years, and it’s just be fun.

Step down? Idk. I’m willing to give next round a go, but if the cards don’t fall, that’s okay. I’m not trying to win, I’m just trying to make cool stuff that I’m passionate about.

- @Brer Oswald -

Thank you for your honesty. We highly recommend you join the MISSION: MUMBAI MISNOMER team. It is all about making whatever you're passionate about, with the only rule being it should fit the SAU (no prompts!). And everything is canon, so it might come up in a future season of the game.

As for this season: it's a tough cut at this point, with only eight players advancing: which is why we divided the track from the passionate players and the competitive players.

DECISION - Eliminated from Game

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

I feel like it is really easy to say my most challenging stanza was the last one, simply because I didn't really contribute much, and with my own life the way it is it just was crazy hard. But the project wasn't really what made it hard. So I am going to say the International parks all vs. judges was my most challenging for a few reasons. I know pretty much nothing about theme parks outside of Disney and honestly outside of America so I felt way out of my depth. Plus I always struggle to find my place with that many people working together especially when most know more than me. So between the actual project being out of my depth plus my own insecurities that was my most challenging.

I think my proudest achievement this season would be my monstrosity of a presentation for the Minions Fart Gun Frenzy. I never really felt like I was "Good" at being a team leader and presentations scare me a ton in terms of project components but that set of slides was just so fun to work on and a real step outside of my comfort zone and it felt good.

I have really tried a lot of things outside my comfort zone this season. I have done a ton of hand drawn art which I A) don't usually do and B) when I do I don't usually show people. But I really wanted to do something new and try to stop being intimidated by all of these other amazing artists and really grow my confidence. Plus it being hand drawn really helped me feel like I was standing out among the digital artists. (plus my family took all my art either for themselves or to put on the fridge and that feels good)

I wavered on this question a bit, not because I don't want to move forward but as a running theme I don't feel like I deserve a place among everyone else who is so great at these things and it would be easy to step down and keep working on casual projects. But also as a running theme this season is one that I pushed myself for growth and I want a place in the finale to prove to myself I can.

I wish to proceed.

I am gonna go listen to The Magnus Archives now and I think everyone should listen to it cause its good and I wanna talk about it.​

- @gam3rprincess -

Then proceed you shall! You are a talented armchair imagineer and deserve to continue. And despite the challenges that arose in Stanza X, you were one of the few who completed not just one bonus prompt, but both. That means more than you may first give credit as it shows a real passion for the game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom