The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY- Hype Thread

DisneyManOne

I really enjoy Schaffrillas. I think he tows the line between being fun-but-nitpicky (THAT WAS HIS MISTAKE!) and legitimately insightful. I've never gotten the hate for him.
Frankly, I feel he's a mixed bag. When he knows what he's talking about, he can indeed be insightful and offer some good things. But, he also succumbs to what I call the "Doug Walker Method", and by that, I mean that when he reviews something he doesn't like, you can clearly tell he's thinking "I don't like this anyway, so I won't even bother with doing the research." For example, his "Why Elsa is a Terrible Character" came under scrutiny, because people accused him of not paying attention and doing the proper research.

Also, in the same video, as highlighted in this response at the 3:09 mark, he pulls a Doug Walker in that he insults people who think Elsa's a good character, so...yeah, that's a big no-no for me.

If I may paraphrase from his most well-known video, which in itself, was paraphrasing Guardians of the Galaxy:
"Boo-hoo, someone has a different opinion than me!"
*GASP*
"I don't care if it's mean; everybody's got opinions!"

Like I said in the SYWTBAI thread about the Beauty and the Beast remake, if I start my own review channel, I swear I'll release a companion video dedicated to debunking Schaffrillas' Frozen videos, and I intend to use that paraphrasing. I'm even starting to develop ideas for a parody of "Shiny" to use at the end to sum up my thoughts on him.

EDIT: Watching that video again and hearing his voice, I should point out that to me, Schaffrillas just has this smug, self-righteous "smarter than thou" attitude about him that really annoys me.

mickeyfan5534

Sure, some people who fall into the "positivity and well-thought out criticism" camp get recognized by the algorithm, like Lindsay Ellis, but for the most part...yeah, no.
I often go searching for the positivity and well-thought out and well constructed criticism and I've been pleasantly surprised with what I found. Lindsay Ellis is certainly one of the best but I really like Patrick H. Willems, Maggie Mae Fish, MovieB*tches (fill in the asterisk you know what it is I know this will be censored if I put in the actual name), and CellSpex from that camp as well.

Suchomimus

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Lindsay Ellis
05_85e3d5c97279a570c642c37ac3978d7b.jpg

Patrick H. Willems

Suchomimus

30 years ago today, Jim Henson passed away from pneumonia. Today, his legacy is still being passed on by his children, his coworkers, new puppeteers, and his fans.

mickeyfan5534

NateD1226

I've never heard of this Josh chap. What's his history with the parks?

Before being named President of Walt Disney World Resort in 2019, D’Amaro was President of the Disneyland Resort. He joined Disney in 1998 at the Disneyland Resort and held a number of leadership positions across the company. He served as Senior Vice President of Commercial Strategy for Walt Disney World Resort and also led the sites’ Resorts & Transportation Operations. He served as Vice President of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park as it underwent the largest expansion in its history. His other roles included Adventures by Disney; Sales and Travel Operations at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort; Finance for the Global Licensing division of Disney Consumer Products; and Business Planning and Strategy Development for the Disneyland Resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom