The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - The Cursed Courtroom

D Hulk

Original Poster
@MonorailRed
Your Project Manager nominated you for the Cursed Courtroom due to inactivity late in the Stanza (despite a very strong opening analysis of the challenge). The game's rules are set in stone, and you are legally required to appear before the Cursed Courtroom.

However, this panel of judges has learned that you have been suffering from a sudden severe sickness. This case shall not go to court! You are hereby released from the Cursed Courtroom on grounds of mistrial and free to return to your team.

FireMountain

@FireMountain
In Stanza I you were one of the most active players, continually involved in conversation. In Stanza II the turn completely tabled :p and you became one of the least active players. What is the reason for your recent absence and how might you remedy that in the future?
"I gotta testify
Come up to the spot lookin' extra fly
'Fore the day I day
I'ma touch the sky"
-Kanye West

The main reason I wasn't as active this round was because of my lack of knowledge of the culture we were doing, and the overall brainstorming was confusing for me personally and I eventually lost track. Another reason is that people quickly jumped on their parts, and I was a slowpoke and missed my chance to get a thing to write.

I will remedy this in future Stanzas by following the brainstorming better as well as reading up on whatever we're doing a project off of. As well as being quicker overall.

(P.S If you keep me in the game I'll give you cookies ;).)

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
@MonorailRed
Your Project Manager nominated you for the Cursed Courtroom due to inactivity late in the Stanza (despite a very strong opening analysis of the challenge). The game's rules are set in stone, and you are legally required to appear before the Cursed Courtroom.

However, this panel of judges has learned that you have been suffering from a sudden severe sickness. This case shall not go to court! You are hereby released from the Cursed Courtroom on grounds of mistrial and free to return to your team.
It has been a crazy past week o_O but it's not going to get any less crazy coming up...:oops:

I've had some good times in this game but right now I may not have the time :confused: With overloading on classes this semester plus full time work and now just trying to stay healthy.... I don't want to push it by adding more

So I'm not sure how much I'll be able to switch gears back into Stanza III like it was for Stanza I...and I wouldn't want to take a spot from either Fire or Nate because they deserve to stay in it more than me! You guys rocked this season!:D

NateD1226

@nated1226
As Project Manager, you got your team off to a strong start. However as the challenge progressed the conversation dried up, resulting in a weakened final proposal. If you could start this Stanza over knowing what you know now, what would you do differently?
I would take more time our of my day to work on the Stanza and encourage my team to share more ideas. I feel that I didn't step up and encourage my team to try their best. If I make it, I will encourage my team to share ideas, give better and more critiques, and stop stressing over things!

D Hulk

Original Poster
--THE CURSED COURTROOM - STANZA II--
DECISIONS
"I gotta testify
Come up to the spot lookin' extra fly
'Fore the day I day
I'ma touch the sky"
-Kanye West

The main reason I wasn't as active this round was because of my lack of knowledge of the culture we were doing, and the overall brainstorming was confusing for me personally and I eventually lost track. Another reason is that people quickly jumped on their parts, and I was a slowpoke and missed my chance to get a thing to write.

I will remedy this in future Stanzas by following the brainstorming better as well as reading up on whatever we're doing a project off of. As well as being quicker overall.

(P.S If you keep me in the game I'll give you cookies ;).)
This is a fair self-assessment. It speaks to an issue felt by the entire team, not just you. There will be times throughout this season where we're dealing with a topic you might know well. Research and communication are important for successful Imagineering, so we're pleased to grant you the chance to continue practicing.

DECISION - STAY IN THE COMPETITION

I would take more time our of my day to work on the Stanza and encourage my team to share more ideas. I feel that I didn't step up and encourage my team to try their best. If I make it, I will encourage my team to share ideas, give better and more critiques, and stop stressing over things!
It takes time for a team to develop its rapport. As a relatively new player early in the season, your Project Management was an honest effort. With more time in the game, you'll get even better! We look forward to seeing more of your ideas.

It has been a crazy past week o_O but it's not going to get any less crazy coming up...:oops:

I've had some good times in this game but right now I may not have the time :confused: With overloading on classes this semester plus full time work and now just trying to stay healthy.... I don't want to push it by adding more

So I'm not sure how much I'll be able to switch gears back into Stanza III like it was for Stanza I...and I wouldn't want to take a spot from either Fire or Nate because they deserve to stay in it more than me! You guys rocked this season!:D
The judges appreciate your testimony despite your recent difficulties. We also appreciate that you, with your extensive experience with Sorcerer's Apprentice and other games, are willing to give up your spot for the sake of two promising newer players. You will be missed, Red. Stay healthy! :D

DECISION - ELIMINATED

Court is now adjourned. Thank you, that is all!

tenor.gif

Disneylover152

The judges appreciate your testimony despite your recent difficulties. We also appreciate that you, with your extensive experience with Sorcerer's Apprentice and other games, are willing to give up your spot for the sake of two promising newer players. You will be missed, Red. Stay healthy! :D

DECISION - ELIMINATED

tenor.gif

Brer Oswald

@Brer Oswald
Honestly, you're in here as a token nominee basically representing Team Princes as a whole. Speaking on their behalf, how can an individual such as you help to solve Princes' primary problem (their communication issues)?
Communication early on is definitely important. At the three day mark, I shouldn’t have continued to push for the original idea that my team members were on the fence about, and I know not to do that again. I did have an idea that was more cohesive than the final project, but my wording was poor and I need to communicate my ideas better. Speaking of cohesive projects, I think that’s something all of us in Team Princes has to work towards, and I strongly believe with the lessons we learned in the last few Stanzas, we’ll be able to pull it off in the next ones!

Was....was that okay? Let me know :)

Disney Dad 3000

@Disney Dad 3000
Communication has been identified as Princes' major issue both by teammates and by outside observers. What sort of tactics could a Project Manager employ to improve these issues in later Stanzas?

I guess for us it would have to be a specific type of communication. We've had the odd "problem" that we've had a majority of the team talking regularly , sharing ideas which is honestly not something that happens all that frequently on a weekly basis in these team comps.
I think communicating and steering the vision of the project are the biggest areas we can work on and I think as a team have the capability to improve. I did an admittedly poor job by not getting the brainstorming focused on a single goal sooner which might hsve allowed us to be able to include or reshape some of the missed elements in our pitch. If we can hone in on a solid idea that some in the group have some expertise and not second guess ourselves but still not be afraid to question and share as we have, we'll do just fine. It's a learning process for each of us in different ways on the team; either not being used to doing anything but solo projects, working on topics/themes of no knowledge and working with a lot of active teammates.
No matter our struggles, there's obvious talent on the team and think each Prince is looking forward to a new challenge.

D Hulk

Original Poster
--THE CURSED COURTROOM - STANZA II--
PARTIAL DECISIONS
Communication early on is definitely important. At the three day mark, I shouldn’t have continued to push for the original idea that my team members were on the fence about, and I know not to do that again. I did have an idea that was more cohesive than the final project, but my wording was poor and I need to communicate my ideas better. Speaking of cohesive projects, I think that’s something all of us in Team Princes has to work towards, and I strongly believe with the lessons we learned in the last few Stanzas, we’ll be able to pull it off in the next ones!

Was....was that okay? Let me know :)
With two Princes responding very swiftly to the judges' queries, it is the decision of this courtroom to expedite their cases and bring them to an early close.

Both defendants display profound self-awareness in their answers. There is no doubt that they are taking lessons learned in this competition to heart. Their answers are ones which every player can learn from. Brer Oswald's assessment is spot-on!

I guess for us it would have to be a specific type of communication. We've had the odd "problem" that we've had a majority of the team talking regularly , sharing ideas which is honestly not something that happens all that frequently on a weekly basis in these team comps.
I think communicating and steering the vision of the project are the biggest areas we can work on and I think as a team have the capability to improve. I did an admittedly poor job by not getting the brainstorming focused on a single goal sooner which might hsve allowed us to be able to include or reshape some of the missed elements in our pitch. If we can hone in on a solid idea that some in the group have some expertise and not second guess ourselves but still not be afraid to question and share as we have, we'll do just fine. It's a learning process for each of us in different ways on the team; either not being used to doing anything but solo projects, working on topics/themes of no knowledge and working with a lot of active teammates.
No matter our struggles, there's obvious talent on the team and think each Prince is looking forward to a new challenge.
Team Princes is fortunate to have so many passionate and talented players. With so many Alpha Imagineers, it can be a challenge to hone in on a singular solid idea. Your proposal for improving in those areas goes above and beyond the demands of this court. Congratulations!

@Zootopia Dude, you still have until 10 PM EST tonight to respond to the judges' question. To our other two defendants, welcome back into the game! Stanza IV starts for you now! :D

D Hulk

Original Poster
--THE CURSED COURTROOM - STANZA III--
FINAL DECISION
I'm sorry... There's been stuff going on in my personal life recently, and I just haven't felt the same. I'd get it if you kicked me out of the game.

The judges take no pleasure eliminating you considering the personal challenges you've faced recently. However, we feel you would be better off without this game as a stressful distraction. Wishing you the best, @Zootopia Dude! :D Thank you for playing in Sorcerer's Apprentice!

DECISION - ELIMINATED

OblongIcyDrake-small.gif

D Hulk

Original Poster
@OutboundFlight
It is in this courtroom's bylaws that the losing team's Project Manager (er, Master Builder) must stand trial. However, in the opinion of this court you have done nothing in that role to warrant trial. If anything, your Master Building skills helped to steer Warriors away from their early woes and towards a very impressive final project. You are hereby free to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom