The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - The Cursed Courtroom

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

THE CURSED COURTROOM

Hear ye, hear ye, the Cursed Courtroom will now come to order!

Our panel of villainous Judges sits in the shadows, eagerly awaiting their first vict- er, their first defendants.

enhance

Be warned, should your team place last in a challenge, you may well receive a summons to appear before the Cursed Courtroom. If court is assembled, the last place team’s Project Manager will be asked to nominate 2 teammates to join him, her or itself in the Cursed Courtroom.

enhance

In addition, your villainous hosts reserve the right to nominate any additional members from any team who aren’t pulling their weight. MWAH HAH HAH! Know this, if you are inactive without an excuse, if you underdeliver on promised work, if you coast on your teammates’ efforts…prepare to enter the Courtroom.

enhance

Courtroom Procedures
Defendants will be individually cross-examined by our Judges. Judges shall ask specific questions regarding the defendants’ performance in the last challenge.

Defendants have 24 hours to respond. If they do not, they will be held in contempt of court and automatically eliminated from the competition.

Fear not. Our Judges take no pleasure in eliminating defendants. They would rather players learn from past mistakes, stay in the game and continue to improve.

enhance

Timing
All projects will be due at 11:59 PM EST. The day following that will be reserved for reviews, with results announced at 8:30 PM EST. Following that, if need be, the doors to the Cursed Courtroom are flung open.

While defendants will have 24 hours to make their plea, winning teams shall be rewarded with the next Stanza’s prompt.

The losing team shall not receive its prompt until the Courtroom has passed a verdict. This gives winning teams a 1-day head start, but with 7-9 days per prompt there is time to catch up.

D Hulk

Original Poster
With less than 12 to go before the start of Stanza I, let's see some sample Courtroom cases to see how this can play out…

CASE 1

AceAstro was part of the losing team. He was the Project Manager for the team and was not organized – typical AceAstro. He’s new to Armchair Imagineering, but he has talent. The role of PM simply proved too complex at this stage.

The project was to design a replacement for Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom. The project finished on time (they picked a Guardians of the Galaxy retheme), it was just disorganized.

Judge Question
Ace, you were PM this round and it kinda fell apart...however you did show effort in your attempts to take on a lot of the work as the leader. For a future opportunity as a Project Manager, what would you do differently to bring the team together?

Answer
I would take everyone's schedule into account. We would create a work timeline early, with 2-3 dedicated to presentation. If things get overwhelming next round, I would probably use a vacation day or two. Lastly, I also think it is important to play on each team member's strengths, but also be able to give more time for someone who is trying something new.

Here AceAstro shows that he wants to use this temporary setback as a learning experience for himself and his team. He is likely to improve.

Decision - Stays in Competition

D Hulk

Original Poster
CASE 2

AceAstro was part of a winning team but he wasn’t very active – typical AceAstro. He has taken assignments, but they've all been small and they’ve all been handed in at the last minute. This frustrates Ace’s teammates. This time, Ace didn’t even complete his assignment! Yikes!

Judge Question
Ace, if you were to stay in the game, what would you do differently to make sure you got your assignments completed sooner? And how will you handle larger aspects of the project?

Answer
- Does not respond –

In order to stay in the competition, you have to give a response. If you don't then it's automatic.

Decision - Eliminated

D Hulk

Original Poster
CASE 3

AceAstro was part of the losing team and he was inactive – typical AceAstro. He has been sporadic. There was one challenge early on where he did substantial work, but since then he’s been taking smaller workloads and has been complaining of scheduling issues. Even so, Ace gets his meager workload completed on time.

Judge Question
While you definitely have talent, recently you’ve been doing less and less. If you remain in the competition, will you play a larger role for your team or will you continue to slack?

Answer
I would like to compete, but I'm busy with exams. I have really enjoyed the competition and I feel bad that I haven't been able to help my team enough. I don't know. Whatever the decision, I have enjoyed my time and best of luck to the team!!

This is the difficult middle ground scenario. AceAstro wants to remain, but this feels like a semi-goodbye response. The judges’ decision would be somewhat contextual – where are we in the game? Early on, this is more forgivable. But if we’re closer to the ENDGAME, then…

Decision – Eliminated

D Hulk

Original Poster

STANZA I SESSION

Team Supers, as the losers of Stanza I you are hereby summoned to the Cursed Courtroom.

Typically the court will nominate the Project Manager and two others to defend themselves. This is a unique case, however. @TwilightZone's efforts to lead her team were exemplary. Since she and @spacemt354 created the vast majority of your proposal, you two are safe. The same does not go for your five teammates.

The Cursed Courtroom calls to the stand
@ChampDisney
@Daveeeeed
@orlando678-
@chriss.moyer
@Poe Dameron

You have 24 hours to answer our queries. Good luck.

Last edited:

D Hulk

Original Poster
@chriss.moyer
You were a constant silent presence in the brainstorming thread, liking others' ideas and never once contributing concrete content. Something as tiny as a drinking fountain would have been enough to show some small measure of involvement.

For you, we don't have a question. We have a challenge.

Design a drinking fountain for Tomorrowland!

Last edited:

D Hulk

Original Poster
--THE CURSED COURTROOM - STANZA I--
DECISIONS

@ChampDisney, while you didn't manage to respond within the Cursed Courtroom, you did take note and make your plea in Team Supers' private thread:

Agreed. Communication is key. I completely lost track with work and such, I’m a security officer that works a rocky schedule that includes graveyard shifts which means I mostly sleep during days. Being sick makes it no better, I got you guys next time.

You have made a valiant effort to participate in spite of personal setbacks. We wish you are better able to participate as the game progresses, and we look forward to more of your ideas.

DECISION - STAY IN THE COMPETITION

Sadly, four of your teammates - @Daveeeeed, @orlando678-, @chriss.moyer, @Poe Dameron - have not responded. Therefore the judges' decision is automatic, and it is final...

DECISION - ALL FOUR ARE ELIMINATED

Court is now adjourned. Thank you, that is all!

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom