The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

DisneyManOne

Fourth Guest Judge Announcement!

Throughout the season, we will have Danny DeVito judge a few rounds!
91w6fZUcvoL._SX425_.jpg

If you are unfamiliar with Danny DeVito's work, here is his YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXc Q

...Did anyone else get an ad before the video?

DisneyManOne

So did Vanellope really LEAVE Sugar Rush, or does she play Slaughter Race at night.

Sorry I'm so late to the party on this one, but...

She's in Slaughter Race permanently. Shank even installed a code for Vanellope so that she can be a permanent inhabitant without worrying about being killed.

Speaking on non-spoiler terms, I really loved this movie. I saw it about a week ago, and I thought it was really good. I think its greatest accomplishment is that, like the first one, it doesn't rely on established IP to tell the story, unlike another modern-technology-based animated film I could mention. Any IP used are for the purpose of a cameo or a background joke. I think eBay and Oh My Disney are the only real-world Internet thing that made a contribution to the plot (again, unlike that other film, it wasn't just a parade of product placement). Apart from that, it was strictly Slaughter Race and the fictional Internet world.

Now speaking spoiler-like...

I was honestly shocked that there was no twist villain...or for that matter, any villain to speak of at all. I think Disney is aware that people are getting a little tired of that cliche, so it's interesting that this film doesn't have a villain. The only antagonistic force is Ralph's insecurity, which ends up personified by the zombie-Ralph virus.

Also, the scenes with the Disney princesses were really impressive. The scene where they save Ralph from falling really stood out to me, and I love how Henry Jackman weaved their respective themes into that moment. And speaking of music, I absolutely adored Vanellope's song, which essentially is a giant parody of all those big Renaissance-era "I want" songs. They even got Alan Menken to do the music for it! It's not often you get to see a big emotional ballad about such a dark and gritty game!

Finally, the mid/post-credits scenes were just golden.

mickeyfan5534

Also, the scenes with the Disney princesses were really impressive. The scene where they save Ralph from falling really stood out to me, and I love how Henry Jackman weaved their respective themes into that moment. And speaking of music, I absolutely adored Vanellope's song, which essentially is a giant parody of all those big Renaissance-era "I want" songs. They even got Alan Menken to do the music for it! It's not often you get to see a big emotional ballad about such a dark and gritty game!

Both Princess scenes had to have been my favorite of the movie. The characters being ever so slightly OOC to show that they are internet interpretation was a smart choice and overall they are fun, witty, and I had a massive smile on my face the entire time during those scenes. One of my favorite touches
Snow White full on disappears when they're all threatening Vanellope.

spacemt354

Chili's
They messed up the timeline to the point where I'm beginning to suspect a Time turner creating an alternate timeline plot twist coming soon and this possibly all being planned because the mistakes feels too out of place and obvious for someone as continuity obsessed as JK Rowling.

That being said, I actually enjoy Crimes of Grindelwald a lot more than the first. Johney Depp looked like he was trying for the first time in about a decade and it shows as he was a pretty great villain. The characters as a whole came alive and were more likeable and well rounded in my opinion. There was definitely too much exposition and sideplots that don't go anywhere, but overall I thought this one was a lot stronger. It's not perfect, but it fixed my problems from the first movie's directing/writing and the new problems are a much smaller issue to me.

That being said, I was rather neutral on the first one and thought it was kinda boring and the characters mostly felt flat to me. Most people I know who loved the first Fantastic Beasts tend to dislike this one.
Ended up seeing Crimes of Grindelwald last night and it actually wasn't that bad...bit of an odd twist at the end however I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

I do agree though there were way too many subplots I could not care less about. If it was more focused on Newt, Lestrange, Dumbledore, and so on I think it could have been great. Naturally the Hogwarts scenes were some of my favorites...I wish we spent more time there delving into the main character's past...they would just cut away when it was getting interesting:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom