The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

DisneyManOne

Welp, the No-Longer-Revelantstalgia Critic just uploaded his review of Jurassic World, and from what I've heard, this includes egregious examples of two of Doug's biggest flaws as a reviewer: failed research and fan-bashing (According to one Twitter user, Doug even calls Jurassic Park fans idiots who don't know what they want).

And while I'm posting, I might as well give my stance on the post-controversy Nostalgia Critic: I haven't watched a Nostalgia Critic episode ever since the implosion last spring (with the notable exception of the Fox Kids retrospective--the only good episode to come out thus far this year). I was appalled to see what he and Mike did when I read the Google Doc; but I was still willing to see if he was worth watching. Shortly after the Doc came out, Doug released his video about the live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast.

I couldn't even make it past the first minute.

Honestly, when your review opens with Belle dancing with a giant dollar sign, do you really expect me to take you seriously? Plus, par for the course for Doug, we get some fan-bashing to go along with it. Saying we'll watch it anyway because Disney controls us or whatever? First of all, get some singing lessons. Second, I didn't like this movie, either, but don'cha think that was kinda below the belt?

But hey, at least it's not as bad as how Doug opened up his Sibling Rivalry video on the matter:

The cringe is strong with this one.

Point remains: Ever since that video, I have refused to watch a new episode of the Nostalgia Critic since then (again, except for Fox Kids). And from what I've heard, the quality has gotten lower and lower. I have no regrets leaving; and I know Doug wants to sweep the controversy under the rug, but hey...I'll remember it.

I'll remember it so he doesn't have to.

Suchomimus

Welp, the No-Longer-Revelantstalgia Critic just uploaded his review of Jurassic World, and from what I've heard, this includes egregious examples of two of Doug's biggest flaws as a reviewer: failed research and fan-bashing (According to one Twitter user, Doug even calls Jurassic Park fans idiots who don't know what they want).

And while I'm posting, I might as well give my stance on the post-controversy Nostalgia Critic: I haven't watched a Nostalgia Critic episode ever since the implosion last spring (with the notable exception of the Fox Kids retrospective--the only good episode to come out thus far this year). I was appalled to see what he and Mike did when I read the Google Doc; but I was still willing to see if he was worth watching. Shortly after the Doc came out, Doug released his video about the live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast.

Honestly, when your review opens with Belle dancing with a giant dollar sign, do you really expect me to take you seriously? Plus, par for the course for Doug, we get some fan-bashing to go along with it. Saying we'll watch it anyway because Disney controls us or whatever? First of all, get some singing lessons. Second, I didn't like this movie, either, but don'cha think that was kinda below the belt?

But hey, at least it's not as bad as how Doug opened up his Sibling Rivalry video on the matter:

Point remains: Ever since that video, I have refused to watch a new episode of the Nostalgia Critic since then (again, except for Fox Kids). And from what I've heard, the quality has gotten lower and lower. I have no regrets leaving; and I know Doug wants to sweep the controversy under the rug, but hey...I'll remember it.

But_Pepperidge_Farm_aint_just_gonna_keep_it_to_Pepperidge__5c6a319f9b808bca3f929f02bc45f1b8.png

Remember when the Nostalgia Critic reviewed movies and tv shows that were nostalgic to him and most of his watchers? Pepperidge Farm remembers (it so you don’t have to).

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

But_Pepperidge_Farm_aint_just_gonna_keep_it_to_Pepperidge__5c6a319f9b808bca3f929f02bc45f1b8.png

Remember when the Nostalgia Critic reviewed movies and tv shows that were nostalgic to him and most of his watchers? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

At least the Fox Kids video actually is based on a nostalgic property. Although, I can't get over another case of failed research in that video. Doug throws a tantrum over an episode of Seinfeld claiming Tiny Toon Adventures was on Nickelodeon, because he thinks it never was. Yes, it was: from 1995 to 1998, to be exact. Although they didn't sing "Wheels on the Bus". Also, we get more of his immature anti-Power Rangers bias, so that's always fun.

I think his biggest flaw is his juvenile sensibility. Although he criticizes many things for being juvenile and not "adult", he still acts like a child, throwing tantrums over things he doesn't like. He's got a huge ego bias. If he doesn't like something, it doesn't deserve to live. That's why he loves bashing things he hates, and bashing fans who, God forbid, actually like the things he hates. Frankly, I feel like Channel Awesome has become Manor Farm, and I can no longer tell the difference between Doug and the Critic.

If you got that reference, you get a cookie.

Suchomimus

He's got a huge ego bias. If he doesn't like something, it doesn't deserve to live. That's why he loves bashing things he hates, and bashing fans who, God forbid, actually like the things he hates.
I’m not sure if you’ve seen or heard this; but he also attacked his own fans on his review of “Christmas with the Kranks” for legitimately criticizing his decision to do clipless movie reviews (which are just as bad as his regular reviews if not worse because of his short memory and attention spans and over-exaggerated details).

DisneyManOne

I’m not sure if you’ve seen or heard this; but he also attacked his own fans on his review of “Christmas with the Kranks” for legitimately criticizing his decision to do clipless movie reviews (which are just as bad as his regular reviews if not worse because of his short memory and attention spans and over-exaggerated details).
Believe me, I know. Y'know, I actually would like to do a review show of my own someday, but since I only want to do one video regarding Doug Walker, I'd like to do a review of what is, for my money, the absolute worst episode he's ever done: his 2015 "review" of Hocus Pocus.

I say "review" in quotation marks because it's essentially a self-insertion fanfic with Doug inserted making cheap potshots at the film; chock-full to the brim with, you guessed it, failed research, way-too-mean-spirited humor and without a doubt, the worst case of fan-bashing in the history of the show.

It's the biggest ill-conceived vanity project in a career filled with ill-conceived vanity projects. If you want to see someone rip into this for all its worth, check this out.

Also, it should be noted that one portion of Christmas with the Kranks is devoted to Doug trying to defend this "review" with the lamest rebuttals possible. That speaks volumes about this dude's ego.

DisneyManOne

I’m subscribed to a YouTuber who pointed out the problems with Doug and his reviews with his videos on Deadpool 2 and the Jurassic Park movie franchise. He’s going to cover the recent rambling of Fallen Kingdom soon; has been since he did the Jurassic Park 3 review. He’s worth checking out if you ask me.
Yes, I've heard of him. Honestly, I prefer his videos over the videos of another fervent Change the Channel supporter, MisAnthroPony. His abrasive tone and voice, which border on the point of obnoxiousness, really alienated me, and it reminds me too much of The Mysterious Mr. Enter, probably one of the worst reviewers online. (Frankly, I kinda-sorta believe he doesn't really care about the movement, and just used it as a means to bash on Doug some more.)

Plus, this is just my personal bias, but he also thought The Last Jedi was gonna bring about "the fall of Star Wars". I mean, I'm a fervent Last Jedi supporter, so as soon as I saw that, I was like "Nope". (Also, with all the new Star Wars things coming out, I think it's safe to say that it hasn't "fallen" at all.)

Flippin'Flounder

What controversy? I haven't heard anything of one.

DisneyManOne

What controversy? I haven't heard anything of one.

In March of 2018, several former contributors of Channel Awesome put together a document compiling years and years worth of mismanagement, abuse and sexual harassment from the higher-ups at Channel Awesome, particularly Doug and Mike Michaud. In the aftermath, a practical exodus was held. Channel Awesome today is a shell of its former self. Only three creators still post videos there: Doug, Brad Jones (aka the Cinema Snob) and Guru Larry (who's only sticking around out of spite for being ignored for most of his time there).

LittleGiants'16

Also.. Sorry I haven't been updating things, partially because Voxel has met someone.. EEKKK

That being said, she knows about this side of my life so if I CAN FIND MY DARN SUPER SUIT!!! I Should be back for Season 5.

Maybe I'll make a new one.. hmm.
She is a bit of a World Traveler too. She has been to South Korean 4 times and is semi-fleunt in Korean and working on Japanese.. :inlove::inlove::inlove: She also laughs at most of my jokes. Downsides: though she loves disney she has never been to any of the Disney Parks except Epcot. So I'm thinking about surprising her with a trip to Very Merry Christmas Party. Other downside she doesn't like coasters, but this is minor really.

I should figure out a new color scheme for my super suit.
Congrats my dude!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom