The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition - Discussion Thread

AceAstro

I don't personally know from MILF (;)), but count me as a huge fan of Monsters Inc. Ride 'n' Go Seek in Tokyo's Tomorrowland, despite perhaps the same placement issues. The locals agree with me, if the 3 hour queue is anything to go by.
I also find it interesting as Monsters Inc. is a great IP, it just has nowhere to go in the parks. It is in Tomorrowland in WDW and TDR and then the back corner of Hollywood Land in DCA. It really seems like the only place it'd fit is a themed Monstropolis area which I doubt we'd ever get :confused:

How are we supposed to get the swinging coaster themed to the door warehouse now?

D Hulk

I also find it interesting as Monsters Inc. is a great IP, it just has nowhere to go in the parks. It is in Tomorrowland in WDW and TDR and then the back corner of Hollywood Land in DCA. It really seems like the only place it'd fit is a themed Monstropolis area which I doubt we'd ever get :confused:

How are we supposed to get the swinging coaster themed to the door warehouse now?
Looks like DCA will be getting a swinging coaster in the MI area anyway, only it'll likely be Spider-Man themed.

Zootopia seems to have similar placement problems to Monsters Inc. (some other films might too), and would likely also create great rides. Other than creating single-IP lands, what sort of solution might there be for more seamlessly bringing such properties to the parks?

AceAstro

Looks like DCA will be getting a swinging coaster in the MI area anyway, only it'll likely be Spider-Man themed.

Zootopia seems to have similar placement problems to Monsters Inc. (some other films might too), and would likely also create great rides. Other than creating single-IP lands, what sort of solution might there be for more seamlessly bringing such properties to the parks?
The only logical way I could see it happen would be to have a large area that was "Pixar Studios" themed to be the studio and then within there are smaller mini-lands that give a small look into the lands from the films. That way, there can be rides that fit one IP but aren't a whole, large, land.

D Hulk

The only logical way I could see it happen would be to have a large area that was "Pixar Studios" themed to be the studio and then within there are smaller mini-lands that give a small look into the lands from the films. That way, there can be rides that fit one IP but aren't a whole, large, land.
That seems like what Hollywood Studios would be able to do. Soundstage exteriors, themed world interiors, and we accept the transition. Monsters in DCA is sort of like that.

Monsters Inc., at least, offers another "in" with the closet door concept. The ride's exterior could be Boo's suburban house, and we enter the Monsters' world much like she did. A larger Pixar-themed suburban setting could also lead to other Pixar worlds like Toy Story or Inside Out or even Coco, like how Fantasyland brings together various princess stories.

kmbmw777

Monsters Inc., at least, offers another "in" with the closet door concept. The ride's exterior could be Boo's suburban house, and we enter the Monsters' world much like she did. A larger Pixar-themed suburban setting could also lead to other Pixar worlds like Toy Story or Inside Out or even Coco, like how Fantasyland brings together various princess stories.
tenor.gif

AceAstro

That seems like what Hollywood Studios would be able to do. Soundstage exteriors, themed world interiors, and we accept the transition. Monsters in DCA is sort of like that.

Exactly! Like my ideal world would've taken the land of Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land and made it a large Pixar land. That way, lots of these IP's could have there own area where the IP properly fit and not just have it shoe-horned in wherever.

spacemt354

Chili's

Here WDI...please do this :joyfull:

TwilightZone

Another unpopular...i dont think plopping the original epcot in todays world would be the best, even though everyone has nostalgia for it.
yes exactly. original epcot wasn't even regarded the best back then as far as I can tell, so imagine how people would like it today.
But with that being said there are some things that I think could work today from old epcot, such as journey into imagination and an updated version of the original backstage magic.

spacemt354

Chili's
yes exactly. original epcot wasn't even regarded the best back then as far as I can tell, so imagine how people would like it today.
But with that being said there are some things that I think could work today from old epcot, such as journey into imagination and an updated version of the original backstage magic.
I'm pretty sure I remember the Simpsons spoofing Epcot in the 80s as being boring and a place nobody wanted to actually go to.

I know -- there's plenty of concepts that I love from the original Epcot, and I'm glad I can say I rode Horizons and World of Motion (as a young kid) but I still have some memories of it. Not everything was a home run though.

RMichael21

Holy crap... The one week where school is so hectic I can't get onto the boards (the semester ends in one week!), this happens.

It's actually quite strange really, because I was just thinking the other day about how it's been 3.5+ years since Season 2 first started. And almost five years since the first season!!!!

It's also weird because I'd now officially call myself an oldie on these boards and it stinks because I see so many new members (hello!) that I haven't gotten to know since I've kind of been MIA for the past 10-12 months. :rolleyes: For y'all who weren't around for the first three seasons, I'll provide a little insight.

I played both Season 2 and Season 3 (and both times around were by far some of the best times I've had on these boards. Like @spacemt354 said, one thing I love about SA is how it's team-based and solely based on Imagineering. So basically, you have these teams and they get whittled down (sometimes, reshuffling/combining teams around a tad to accommodate for losing/winning streaks and unbalanced numbers) until there's 4 people left. Then, you have the semi-finals where the two remaining teams face off and the winning team goes to the finals and squares off! It's a blast.

I'm contemplating competing, I need redemption from my narrow loss to @tcool123 during Season 3. ;)

tcool123

'm contemplating competing, I need redemption from my narrow loss to @tcool123 during Season 3. ;)
I'll be judging you this time around ;)

Maybe a little one on one though :p

Also, let me note, I'd say that Team SEA from Season 2 was one of the best, if not the best, team this board has ever seen when it comes to team work and output of projects. ;)
@MonorailRed
@JokersWild
@Twilight_Roxas
@Matt7187

And eventually @Voxel @englanddg
Fixed that for you ;):p:angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom