The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3 - Discussion Thread

MonorailRed

Applebees
Join Tiki, Jokers, and I as we discuss the Sorcerer's Apprentice Season Two from its beginning in July to the final nine:

A little late but shoutout to Tiki, Joker and Sam and their kind words in the video!

Back at School and I'll be coming back to "imagineering" some stuff on the boards sooner then expected. Get ready for some cool concepts guys!

large.gif

Matt7187

Ok folks, the fantasy football league is up! League name is WDWMagic Fantasy Football, password is WDWMagic. Draft is set for Sept 13 at 8 PM EST. For your team name, please make it your WDWMagic username to make it easier on everyone. There are only 11 more spots, so make sure you get in before it is all filled up!

DSquared

I
Ok folks, the fantasy football league is up! League name is WDWMagic Fantasy Football, password is WDWMagic. Draft is set for Sept 13 at 8 PM EST. For your team name, please make it your WDWMagic username to make it easier on everyone. There are only 11 more spots, so make sure you get in before it is all filled up!
m confused. Is this on another website?

BTW I'm back in.

RMichael21

Team Mickey:

Once again, a bit of a mixed bag here. We already have a Cirque show at Downtown Disney...is there a big demand for another one? The best element of the project were your thematic elements that really tied together the ideas of the park in a nice broad strokes sort of way. It was distracting that you focused so much on the Meryll Streep narration and at times it started to feel more like her own attraction than one about nature. In general I'd stay away from big celebrities like that. You did a decent job describing the way this would fit in, but it still seems really elaborate for what the project called for.
Just to respond to your points:

First, I really don't think that it's necessary to fully compare Metamorphosis to La Nouba and here's why. These shows are in completely different categories. La Nouba is a much longer show (at roughly 90 minutes I believe) and Metamorphosis is a mere 7 minutes and La Nouba is meant to be the resorts "Flagship" Cirque du Soleil performance with Metamorphosis being added to contribute to not just Disney's Animal Kingdom's entertainment schedule, but the theme of the park as well. Both shows are completely different in theme and style, the true similarity is that they're sponsored by Cirque du Soleil. We chose Cirque du Soleil because they can put on a truly awe-inspiring performance, we thought that at all of Walt Disney World, La Nouba and Metamorhposis wouldn't conflict each other, but rather compliment each other.

I honestly don't think that we focused to much on Meryl Streep. Narration is key in this sort of show, as it gives a reference point for the guest and will help them better understand the show and learn from it. My personal opinion is that we could have done more with her narration, not the other way around. We chose Streep not because of her star power (which she obviously has anyways), but more of a person who could tell our story well, and I think we succeeded in that.

I honestly don't see how this was "elaborate for what the project called for." You asked and you received. I believe that you think that our concept is to elaborate because we focused so much on details this week.

Anyways, that's just my take on your reviews.

Matt7187

Just bringing it up again, there are still 7 spots available! So far, the contestants are...
1. Me
2. @tcool
3. @MonorailRed
4. @DSquared
5. @LittleGiants16

All info is in quoted post. Also, stay tuned for information about my new comp...

DSquared

What port do you plug your headphones into if the mic is on it? I tried the headphone, and mic ports but nothing worked.

Do i need to try another computer? This laptop is 10 years old

RMichael21

RMichael21

Just read your signature countdown and I'm getting excited for that too!:D
I hope that I'll see you there! :) It should be an amazing season. ;) I'm still trying to figure our what I want to reveal, probably not everything, I just wanted to do something as its the premiere date for the newest season of Survivor. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom