The Sole Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition

RMichael21

Original Poster
On Behalf of @TheOriginalTiki, I give you his Jury Speech and Video:

Here's my super-harsh parody "bitter jury speech" video.

*Disclaimer: The things said in this video are meant for comedic intentions and no way represent the actions, personalities and creativity or @IDInstitute and @tcool.

And here's my questions in text form.

IDInstitute-You proved throughout the course of the game that you were willing to take the easy way out. Voting with the majority on my elimination instead of giving me a pity vote is the prime example of how calculated your gameplay was. You then take out Vipraa, someone who I personally didn't want to win due to them not being all that active on the strategy front, but who was also the obvious person to bring to the end if you wanted an epic showdown. My question to you is...if the final three between us and Tcool would have come to fruition, and if you'd have won the final immunity...Would you have taken myself or Tcool to the final two? There's ONE answer I'm looking for, and if I don't get it I WILL NOT vote for you.

Tcool-You live up to your name. You were always a cool customer while all this drama was going on. You slid through the game on the basis of people liking you and biggest threats being taken out. My question to you is...several times during the season LittleGiants referred to you as an easy person to manipulate. Throughout the course of this game I want you to think long and hard and give me EVERY strategic decision that you made completely on your own. Give me your resume not as an Imagineer, but as a strategist. It isn't just luck that you're sitting where you are.

I should be back in time to cast my final vote.​

spacemt354

Chili's
*Disclaimer: The things said in this video are meant for comedic intentions and no way represent the actions, personalities and creativity or @IDInstitute and @tcool.
vision-hack-see-clearly-without-your-glasses-contacts.w654.jpg

Is that a Survivor inside joke or something? Harsh juror? I actually thought you were serious at first haha. Luckily I can squint...;):D

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My speech is short and sweet. I know why I was cut out, and it was strategic. Smart move, and I take it as a compliment. However, I think IDI and tcool certainly deserve their respective positions. I've watched both of them improve and grow as Imagineers and presenters, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for them.

Good luck to both!

That said, here's my two questions.

@IDInstitute - After the team swap, you and I had several private conversations where I called @Vipraa a dark horse when he's motivated. Based on the fact that he made it to third, I would say that prediction was fairly accurate. So, toot your horn a bit, reviewing the entire competition and the work submitted, why do you feel that you are stronger than @Vipraa and deserve this spot?

@tcool - You had repeated formatting, grammar, construction and spelling issues that many times cluttered your presentations, sometimes to the point of making them quite difficult to read. That said, your ideas and content are amazingly solid. So, reviewing the entire competition, and the work submitted, why do you feel that you are stronger than @IDInstitute and deserve this spot.

Vipraa

Please forgive my lack of formatting as I'm writing this on my phone.

First of all good job to both @IDInstitute and @tcool for making it this far. No hard feeling to you IDI for voting me out as I would have done the same thing in your position.

I'm coming into this vote with no decision in mind. Your answers will decide my vote. Now for a question that will decide my vote.

I want to know what your greatest triumph in this competition was. It can be social or project based. What did you do? Why is this the best thing you did?

Good luck to both of you :)

JokersWild

Guess who's late to the party again...
This-Guy-Jim-Halpert-The-Office.gif

Anyway, speech...

It's great to see you guys make it this. Both of you have gone through an incredible journey to make it all the way to the end. I wish I could have made it to the end with both of you, but I thought the smartest strategic move was to not do projects (Don't you dare take this seriously. No one in their right mind would throw projects.)

For simplicity's sake, I'm going to put up three simple questions for both of you to answer:

1. What project are you most proud of. Why?
2. Do you feel either of you have grown, both creatively and socially? Why and How?
3. If you could take anyone to finals, who would you take? Why?

And one for the road, directed mainly towards IDI:
. Had tiki not gotten cocky during the live show, would you have still voted him out before finals, or would you have continued to strive towards making finals with him?

Congratulations to both of you.

tcool

1. Are you proud of the way that you played the game and would you play it differently in a future season?
2. Would you be a part of a larger alliance like the "Know It Alls" next time, or do you feel that it places a target on the player's back?

1. Yes I'm proud of how I played, but I think I shouldn't agree to so many alliances ,and "alliances". Oh and start proof reading, and I know I need to start this. I mean in the waterpark challenge I wrote "This will be the world's largest outdoor wave pool in United States" the wording is off it was world's it is supposed to read "this will be the biggest outdoor wave pool in the United States"

2. Perhaps I will, and maybe I won't. I can't tell if I will participate in something like this again (The chances are I will) This whole question is a big if. Maybe I don't want to be an alliance next time, maybe I will. Maybe I won't be in the next competition, but maybe I will. It's simply impossible to Know it All.

Tcool-You live up to your name. You were always a cool customer while all this drama was going on. You slid through the game on the basis of people liking you and biggest threats being taken out. My question to you is...several times during the season LittleGiants referred to you as an easy person to manipulate. Throughout the course of this game I want you to think long and hard and give me EVERY strategic decision that you made completely on your own. Give me your resume not as an Imagineer, but as a strategist. It isn't just luck that you're sitting where you are.​

- Agree to anything that came my way. I mean I don't want to cause any suspicion. Now do I? :D
- So then after you revealed that you were with IDI, I immediately contacted Vipraa to form an honest alliance this time, and I was planning to continue in the alliance.
- Once IDI contacted me everything he posted I sent to Vipraa and later Vipraa & Jokers.
- You then approached me and IDI to continue the alliance. This allowed me to basically be in the finals if all went according to the plan.
- Overall this whole competition I used my rule 1 agree to everything, and don't cause suspicion. And it seemed to work so far I mean I'm sort of in the final two:cool::D

@tcool - You had repeated formatting, grammar, construction and spelling issues that many times cluttered your presentations, sometimes to the point of making them quite difficult to read. That said, your ideas and content are amazingly solid. So, reviewing the entire competition, and the work submitted, why do you feel that you are stronger than @IDInstitute and deserve this spot.

I at often times took an unexpected route than IDI. While he did Pixar Place I worked on Toontown. Or he worked on a tropical paradise water park (from what he had it was his theme), and I worked on a Fantasy Creature park.

IDI however has seemed to turn in incomplete projects, and I on the other hand have always urned in completed projects. Sure my recent entry wasn't as packed full of information as others, but it got the point across. You know it will be a dark ride of Hercules or a meet and greet housing Disney Villains built.

That's all I have to say, but I do owe you something.......

I can't donate to you per say, but here are some Dole Whip and Turkey Leg Photos! Enjoy!:happy:

dole-whip.jpg

Walt-Disney-World-639.jpg

turkeyleg.jpg

turkey-leg.jpg

I want to know what your greatest triumph in this competition was. What did you do? Why is this the best thing you did?

- My greatest triumph is technically getting into the final two & not receiving an elimination vote. Those seem slightly obvious so it will have to be not being voted off at the start of postmerge as I thought for a fact I was going to be gone once englandd was gone, or before.
- Well the way I stayed in post merge was winning one challenge and losing the rest usually earning third. This lowered my actual target making me seem like an unlikely threat. Then I continued to Agree to Anything to make everyone happy, and to continue the lowering of the target.
- Being in the alliance with Jokers and You/ Alliance with IDI/ Alliance with IDI & Tiki that is to me the best thing I said yes to. Anyway you cut it I was pretty much guaranteed a spot in the final three.

For simplicity's sake, I'm going to put up three simple questions for both of you to answer:

2. Do you feel either of you have grown, both creatively and socially? Why and How?

1. WDW's Next 15 Years - Rehab Rally. It allowed me to polish The Cybug Initiative, and for me to show off ideas I've had for a while now or have died away. Those being the rock exhibit at Innoventions which was my first post on WDWMagic.com, and everything in DHS/DHA I have been thinking about, and to test run my India-British Colony idea.

2. I have grown creatively because before I would've said making unique characters were impossible!, but I was wrong as I showed off Art & Logic early on. While socially as more people have grown to know me in the competition due to its social portion.

3. Well that's a tough question, but I'll go with IDI. The reason is I have been the friendliest with him than any other competitor. Even before the Elite Eight started we were talking in the Rookies PM. (The term Rookies was given to us by LittleGiants)

DinoInstitute

Sorry I'm a bit late:oops: but here are my responces to the jury and my closing statement:
RMichael21's Juror Speech

@IDInstitute

@IDInstitute, I remember the day when you first came onto the Imagineer forum and asked to join the Spring Training competition. Something that day told me that this is the Imagineer that's going to make a statement someday. And, when The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2 comes along, we both sign up and end up on the same team. Now, speaking from a non-competition opinion, had this small event never happened, I feel like we most likely wouldn't be as good of friends as we are now. We stayed by our side for a whole 3 months before your elimination and it was great to be able to work with you! I really say potential in you. As @LittleGiants16 said in his Elite Eight recap, I feel with a good year or so, you could be one of the forum's biggest and brightest. You have proven just that, earlier than expected, by getting to finals of The Sole Imagineer.

You were one of the only people (that I know of) that was a massive fan of Survivor going into the game besides @TheOriginalTiki. From the moment the sign ups went out (literally, you made sure you were on the exact second so you be the first to sign up), you were one of the most enthusiastic castaways. You were one of the people that didn't care about anything else but having fun. And that's why I find you a great competitor.

However, each and every single individual has their "flaws" and I feel that these must be addressed with not just you, but with @tcool as well.

This is more specific to The Sole Imagineer, but I feel that at some points, you're focus was directed more at the politics instead of the concept. Sure, this competition is centered around politics, but it's only half of the game. I feel that you must have gone too hard to fast. Unlike @tcool, you rushed into the strategy, were extremely good at challenges and managed to put a target on your back. You really only had one or two true allies while pretty much everyone was against you. The real reason why you didn't go home 7th, 6th or 5th place is because there were bigger threats than you and you had the Project Veto. Had you not won the Project Veto, you definitely would have won 6th place instead of @Zweiland. But, your strategic side really worked in your favor, turning on @TheOriginalTiki before he could get to the final challenge and snatch the win away and take it.

Also, I feel that you could work on your technical skills. You've become increasingly better throughout the competition, but you still have a ways to go. (I could probably do this too :p).

Finally, as I said above, you were one of the only people to really have a true alliance. You controlled your side of the game for pretty much the entire competition and I applaud you for that. You really did Outwit, Outplay and Outlast!

My questions for you:

1. How has you knowledge of Survivor helped you in other ways than a good social game?
2. Are there any other people that you feel could have gotten to the end had you not helped vote them out?
3. Had you not been a part of the "Know It Alls" alliance, how do you think the game would have panned out for you?

Overall, I applaud your amazing efforts this season and I hope to see you again in Season 2!
Thanks for all of the kind words RM! Now to answer your questions....

-My knowledge of Survivor definitely helped me in other ways that just having a good social game. Of course, from watching the show, I had a good understanding of how to talk to people to not cause conflict as well as to convince them to vote with me, etc. However, the knowledge of the game helped me out. I knew about different voting strategies (such as splitting the vote, blindsides, etc.). Also, I was prepared for different twists. Both me and Tiki were predicting a Tribe swap, so that wasn't a huge surprise, and also the finale twist, once you gave the Cook Islands clue, I started to pick up on what it could be;)

-Oh, certainly. In particular, if @jdmdisney99 wasn't taken out so early, I think he could have done very well socially/also in challenges. Also, @Zweiland I felt was really starting to push his skills into high gear, and was doing very well stragically. Lastly, and probably the biggest potential threat, @TheOriginalTiki would have done very well, could have voted me out, but if not, still probably beat me in the end.

-Good question. Initially, Tiki had reached out to me, which somewhat made my part easier. However, I was initially planning to play a more Natalie Anderson/@tcool style lay-low and strike at the end game, but this opprotunity gave me a chance to take the game by the horns a bit more

On Behalf of @TheOriginalTiki, I give you his Jury Speech and Video:

Here's my super-harsh parody "bitter jury speech" video.

And here's my questions in text form.

IDInstitute-You proved throughout the course of the game that you were willing to take the easy way out. Voting with the majority on my elimination instead of giving me a pity vote is the prime example of how calculated your gameplay was. You then take out Vipraa, someone who I personally didn't want to win due to them not being all that active on the strategy front, but who was also the obvious person to bring to the end if you wanted an epic showdown. My question to you is...if the final three between us and Tcool would have come to fruition, and if you'd have won the final immunity...Would you have taken myself or Tcool to the final two? There's ONE answer I'm looking for, and if I don't get it I WILL NOT vote for you.

Well, I know this is kind of sarcastic, but I'll play along;):p
Before I get to your question, I would just like to address some of what you said. I did not play the easy way out, I just needed to do what was safe. About voting with the majority, I wasn't just following along, but I was partially running that blindside. And, if you go back to the destructive Tribal Council show, at about 53 minutes I believe, you specifically said you would have voted for me because "you didn't want to throw your vote away". So, you can't use the pity vote thing against me. And, I don't want you to discredit tcool, because I feel like with our great final three, there was no outcome that wouldn't be epic.​
To answer your main question, I'm not going to lie or anything to suck up for your vote...Yes, I certainly would have. Not to take the easy way out, because you know I love good TV, but I knew you would beat me;)

Also, to @tcool's credit, he did win one immunity challenge (The Hollywood project)
My speech is short and sweet. I know why I was cut out, and it was strategic. Smart move, and I take it as a compliment. However, I think IDI and tcool certainly deserve their respective positions. I've watched both of them improve and grow as Imagineers and presenters, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for them.

Good luck to both!

That said, here's my two questions.

@IDInstitute - After the team swap, you and I had several private conversations where I called @Vipraa a dark horse when he's motivated. Based on the fact that he made it to third, I would say that prediction was fairly accurate. So, toot your horn a bit, reviewing the entire competition and the work submitted, why do you feel that you are stronger than @Vipraa and deserve this spot?
I feel like I have grown much more than Vipraa has, as he is very strong, but I am "gaining" on him, if you understand what I mean. I am one of the younger members here, so I feel like for my age and experience I have had with the multimedia stuff (videos, art), I have done quite well, as I am more or less self-taught. I think though one of the biggest things that makes me strong is just my ability to create good concepts and ideas, as I feel like that has what led me to win most of my challenges. Take the Recondite Adventure, it didn't really make use of anything fancy, just core ideas, and it won me immunity. Lastly, I am one of the most creative here in terms of unique presentation. I had a unique idea with the way to present the final immunity one, and I expanded into new presentation territory with the Pixar Place blog project, which even inspired Tiki to do a similar thing later on. So, that is why I feel I am a strong Imagineer.
Please forgive my lack of formatting as I'm writing this on my phone.

First of all good job to both @IDInstitute and @tcool for making it this far. No hard feeling to you IDI for voting me out as I would have done the same thing in your position.

I'm coming into this vote with no decision in mind. Your answers will decide my vote. Now for a question that will decide my vote.

I want to know what your greatest triumph in this competition was. It can be social or project based. What did you do? Why is this the best thing you did?

Good luck to both of you :)
I think my biggest triumph has been the Magic Alive nighttime show project. Even though I did not quite win, I expanded my skills into new territories, and worked around the clock to pull together that video that I am proud of. Despite its flaws, I love that I was able to do that, and it is just a sign of hopefully things to come from me:D

Also, would just like to say glad there are no hard feelings:) Hopefully we can work together sometime in the future!
Guess who's late to the party again...
This-Guy-Jim-Halpert-The-Office.gif

Anyway, speech...

It's great to see you guys make it this. Both of you have gone through an incredible journey to make it all the way to the end. I wish I could have made it to the end with both of you, but I thought the smartest strategic move was to not do projects (Don't you dare take this seriously. No one in their right mind would throw projects.)

And one for the road, directed mainly towards IDI:
. Had tiki not gotten cocky during the live show, would you have still voted him out before finals, or would you have continued to strive towards making finals with him?

Congratulations to both of you.
-As said above with Vipraa, I am proud of the Wishes Wishing challenge. It was new territory for me, and despite not winning, I think I did a good job for a first timer.
-I have for sure grown creatively, this competition had extremely unique and fun challenges that forced me to think outside of the box, learn new topics, and work with new media. Socially, I honestly don't know how different I came from this, although I have learned a few tricks about contracting people that could come into play in the future (such as don't come off too strong).
-I am glad with my choice to take tcool to the finals. I didn't want it to be a blowout by taking a goat to the finals, and my late-game loyalty to tcool and our rookie club friendship makes us proud to fight next to each other:p:D In addition, it's a challenge, and whether or not I win, I think this is going to be one of the most remembered finals in TSI history

-Actually, yes, I would have. Like you may already know, the plan was to have four votes on me at final five, and me play the idol to take out Zwei. Well, I can't say that I wasn't planning to swtich my vote around a little...
In addition, when I contacted tcool to blindside Tiki, the show was only part of it. When I talked to you, I used that as the reason to justify it and help get the votes needed.

Closing Statement
Hopefully, jury, I have answered all of your questions. Thank you all for taking the time to do this, as it means a lot that you are considering giving me your final vote. After all, this is only my second competition, and I am surprised in how well I have done in the challenges having never done individual challenges before, and socially as not necessarily having as many pre-game ties as some others. Once again, thank you all for a great time, and in the end, I feel I have created, dreamed, and just maybe, inspired:)
8036977_orig_zps3ebc2bce.png~original

RMichael21

Original Poster
The Sole Imagineer: The Winner is Revealed

It is time... After 4 months. 104 days. 2496 hours. 149760 Minutes. It is time to reveal the victor.

@tcool

1 Vote @tcool and 1 Vote @IDInstitute

@IDInstitute

2 Votes @IDInstitute and 1 Vote @tcool

@tcool

2 Votes @IDInstitute and 2 Votes @tcool.

@IDInstitute

3 Votes @IDInstitute and 2 Votes @tcool

@IDInstitute

4 Votes @IDInstitute and 2 Votes @tcool

@IDInstitute, the jury has spoken.

For now, this competition has come to a close,
@IDInstitute has won, he's who you all chose.
The gameplay and strategy has come to an end,
don't continue to do this, I recommend.

For 104 days of outstanding creations,
people have watched from a whole lot of nations.
And now it's all over, what do we do?
How about we make a nice Season Two?

That's right, if you all would like to play again,
be my guest, I'll work on it, let me get all my writing pens.

But, wait! Let's not forget about Season One!
This epic season full of blindsides and fun.
There were twists and double votes and project vetoes too,
Some that were secret, at first you had no clue.

Thanks to @IDInstitute for winning the game,
and @tcool for being real close, though I had to snuff out his flame.
And @Vipraa and @JokersWild for coming so near,
to the finish line, though you were plucked right out of the clear.

Then there's @TheOriginalTiki and @Zweiland, those two!
They were blindsided before they could even get you.
Don't forget about @LittleGiants16,
and @englanddg for being early out of the scene.

Also big thanks to @InfiniteRightEar97 and
@Matt7187 for being compliant with their early exits away from the sand...
of the island where @JoseLorenzo was gone as well
and @Sam4D23 and @Aaron O who all never had time to gel.
A big Thank You to @jdmdisney99,
for never complaining after he left his short wild ride.

A round of applause to @MA Screamin',
and his wonderful help, he always was beamin'.
And finally, thanks so much,
who watched, those who were just out of touch.
Some, I never did see you, but I know that you're there,
I want you to come play next time, that's what I dare.

And then, there's no one more left to thank,
now, I guess I'll just be a little bit frank.
It's been a great season, I'll miss this competition dearly,
but it's time to pack our bags and head home sincerely.

Thank you again for an amazing time,
we'll be taking a break from this competition... But I'm
going to make sure that you have nothing to fear,
I'll see you real soon on The Sole Imagineer.

8036977_orig_zps3ebc2bce.png~original

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom