The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train completed its first drop test today

Tigger1999

I read somewhere that's it's supposed to be 38" but I'm not sure

I can't wait to ride it tho!!! It looked pretty cool when we were there (the construction anyway haha)

bethymouse

It just reminds me so much of BTMRR. Will this be considered the 4th mountain?:confused:
I guess the swinging cars should make it unique as well as the inside of the mine w/ the scenes.
I'll bet you it'll be open closer to late summer 2014. But, I hope I'm wrong!:(

phi2134

A five car train seems like too long of a train considering the size of the drops and overall length of the track. The first car might be to the bottom of the hill while the last car is on the top.

danv3

No swinging evident in that photo. I wonder if there's a chance the swinging will not be implemented.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
No swinging evident in that photo. I wonder if there's a chance the swinging will not be implemented.
They were testing the swing last week on the push tests.

IMG_2224.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member

The seats were empty in the picture. You probably need some weight in the cars to sway them. It is most likely not going to be a dramatic swing anyway with the low height requirement for the ride so I think a lot of people may be disappointed.

TalkingHead

A five car train seems like too long of a train considering the size of the drops and overall length of the track. The first car might be to the bottom of the hill while the last car is on the top.

That'll go over well when people wait an hour for the "little coaster that couldn't."

Same thing happens on BTMRR. I always recommend people take their little kids in the front car the first time since it's so much slower.

At least BTM has the scenery and track length to make it work, even if you don't sit in the back row.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
umm...that is impossible. if the front of the train were moving slower than the back, the back would run over the front and there would be a crash. the entire train moves at the same speed.
I meant going down the hills the front of the train is pulling the back. The front cars don't really pick up speed until they are at the bottom making it less scary for little kids on their first coaster ride since they aren't going fast down the hill.

msteel

umm...that is impossible. if the front of the train were moving slower than the back, the back would run over the front and there would be a crash. the entire train moves at the same speed.

You are right in that at a given moment, all cars are going the same speed. But not all cars go the same speed at a given point in the track. In the context of the drops like people were talking about, the first car goes slowly down the first part of the drop as the last car is going slowly up the last part of the lift hill. But by the time the last car gets to the drop, the speed of the train has picked up and the last car goes over the drop faster than the first car did.

Absimilliard

You know what I realised with those close up pictures of the train? That thing will be a loading nightmare unless they built two separate loading stations.

Look at the cars, notice there is only an opening to enter on one side? That means they expect to load and unload on the left side, so if they only have one station, here is how it will go: they will have to unload the train, wait for the station to clear up, open the airgates and allow the next group to fill in. Check restraints and off we go. Look at how long people at the existing rides tend to linger around the empty ride cars when they exit. On Mine Train with one station, they can't load the car until they move.

You are right in that at a given moment, all cars are going the same speed. But not all cars go the same speed at a given point in the track. In the context of the drops like people were talking about, the first car goes slowly down the first part of the drop as the last car is going slowly up the last part of the lift hill. But by the time the last car gets to the drop, the speed of the train has picked up and the last car goes over the drop faster than the first car did.

sure, of course that is true. but, that just means that there is a different part of the track where the front of the train goes through faster.

doctornick

You know what I realised with those close up pictures of the train? That thing will be a loading nightmare unless they built two separate loading stations.

Look at the cars, notice there is only an opening to enter on one side? That means they expect to load and unload on the left side, so if they only have one station, here is how it will go: they will have to unload the train, wait for the station to clear up, open the airgates and allow the next group to fill in. Check restraints and off we go. Look at how long people at the existing rides tend to linger around the empty ride cars when they exit. On Mine Train with one station, they can't load the car until they move.

I imagine they will have an unloading area, then the cars move and there is a loading area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom