The Saber Forge: Savi’s Hand Built Lightsabers

Surferboy567

Original Poster

Here’s mine

LukeS7

I know this is an older thread, but I feel like this is an appropriate place to put this. Just a bit of advice to you guys:

Store your sabers without the battery packs in them. We had ours stored in the provided cases from Savi's since going opening day and have only occasionally taken them out to show people. We took them out last week and both had totally dead batteries. When we replaced them, one of the blades had a dead section and the sound no longer worked. Currently waiting to hear back from Guest Services

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I know this is an older thread, but I feel like this is an appropriate place to put this. Just a bit of advice to you guys:

Store your sabers without the battery packs in them. We had ours stored in the provided cases from Savi's since going opening day and have only occasionally taken them out to show people. We took them out last week and both had totally dead batteries. When we replaced them, one of the blades had a dead section and the sound no longer worked. Currently waiting to hear back from Guest Services

I store mine on a saber stand from Etsy... on the stand is the hilt. No blade, I store the blade in the bag but the hilt on the stand to display it. Batteries work fine that way, and don’t die out so that’s an option.

LukeS7

I store mine on a saber stand from Etsy... on the stand is the hilt. No blade, I store the blade in the bag but the hilt on the stand to display it. Batteries work fine that way, and don’t die out so that’s an option.
We have the stands from GE but unfortunately not the shelf space at the moment. It still seems like a major design flaw/oversight that the switch for the saber doesn't seem to properly open/close the circuit (based off of my experience and that of others I found after googling to see if anyone else had the same issue)

PeoplemoverTTA

I experienced Savi’s with my 15-year old on 12/19 and was blown away by the experience. He was super pumped, and the show quality was really awesome. I legit had tears and I’m not even a big Star Wars fan 🤣

While we were waiting for our group to go inside, someone from the First Order came around grilling us about scrap metal. The CMs has very polished responses to keep him off the scent. My stepson and I were so into it - he turned to me and said, “We all play a role here.” Wise words for a teenager 👍

He bought the belt clip, and it was not worth the $18, IMO. It broke a day later.

We went through TSA Precheck heading home and had no problem bringing the saber through bag check. We flew Southwest, and he was allowed to put it in a carryon bin.

disneygeek90

Are you able to make a yellow “Rey” blade yet? I have held off on this so far, I’ve made the droid, but I’m sure I will tackle this at some point...

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Are you able to make a yellow “Rey” blade yet? I have held off on this so far, I’ve made the droid, but I’m sure I will tackle this at some point...

You could always buy a yellow kyber from the very beginning (this is my crystal of choice) so in a way you can. Their however isn’t a specific legacy saber for Rey from TROS. You don’t make the legacy sabers so to answer your question yes, you can make a yellow blade, and I prefer them (coming from someone who owns all the crystals) keep in mind you have to buy the yellow separately and can’t not use it during the experience. To not upset the kids.

It’s a great experience.

disneygeek90

You could always buy a yellow kyber from the very beginning (this is my crystal of choice) so in a way you can. Their however isn’t a specific legacy saber for Rey from TROS. You don’t make the legacy sabers so to answer your question yes, you can make a yellow blade, and I prefer them (coming from someone who owns all the crystals) keep in mind you have to buy the yellow separately and can’t not use it during the experience. To not upset the kids.

It’s a great experience.
Thanks for the info. How much extra would a yellow be?

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I experienced Savi’s with my 15-year old on 12/19 and was blown away by the experience. He was super pumped, and the show quality was really awesome. I legit had tears and I’m not even a big Star Wars fan 🤣

While we were waiting for our group to go inside, someone from the First Order came around grilling us about scrap metal. The CMs has very polished responses to keep him off the scent. My stepson and I were so into it - he turned to me and said, “We all play a role here.” Wise words for a teenager 👍

Magic of Star Wars described in 2 paragraphs. This is why I love Galaxy’s Edge and Star Wars as a whole.

Oh, and I was never a fan of the belt clip.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member

Yikes. I haven’t used mine much since November but the batteries were dead when I went to show someone a few weeks ago. That’s when I learned about not storing it with batteries.

Haven’t tried it with fresh batteries yet but will do today. I hope all sections are in order.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Yikes. I haven’t used mine much since November but the batteries were dead when I went to show someone a few weeks ago. That’s when I learned about not storing it with batteries.

Haven’t tried it with fresh batteries yet but will do today. I hope all sections are in order.

Yeah, my brother learned this the hard way. I just display the hilt and take the blade out of the bag when I want to use/show. I also recommend putting in “better“ batteries the Disney ones are crappy. Another thing, when unscrewing the battery compartment be careful. It’s assembled in such a way that the screws you SHOULD NOT touch look like the ones (I would look it up on YT to be sure). Also when you put the pack back in the saber it may take a few tries.

trainplane3

I got mine in early October and turned it on a few weeks ago and it was nearly dead. I removed the batteries since I didn't want to go through the same ordeal as my Tron Legacy stuff. If you look down into the blade socket, you can see the "crystal" lights flashing when it's in the "off" position. Slightly disappointing but I may make another one for this upcoming trip or buy a legacy saber instead.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
The crystals are what change the color or...? Sorry I have no idea how this works lol Maybe I’ll watch that video

So the kyber crystal is what gives the lightsaber is coloration. Think of it as the sabers “core” the crystal chooses the force user. What it actually does in the Savi Sabers is change the blade color and all the sound effects. It really can drastically change the saber as well as your experience. In universe (if you care about that kinda stuff) they also a-line with the users personality. Savi’s kinda goes into detail with this.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I got mine in early October and turned it on a few weeks ago and it was nearly dead. I removed the batteries since I didn't want to go through the same ordeal as my Tron Legacy stuff. If you look down into the blade socket, you can see the "crystal" lights flashing when it's in the "off" position. Slightly disappointing but I may make another one for this upcoming trip or buy a legacy saber instead.

Always a pleasure to see another TRON Legacy fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom