Trip Report The Returning "Home" for 14.5 days to restore order to Disney World Trip Report

Yes yes yes it is finally here. But it should read PRE TRIP REPORT.

I would first like to apologize for the lack of creativity in my title here but I really did not think of it too much.

Well this is the time that I announce who is staring in this upcoming trip.

First up and wrongfully so is my fiance. Colleen. Colleen will be turning 30 in August and I am sure she will be pretending like it is her birthday the whole trip...IN OCTOBER!!! But that is one of the things that make her great. Here she is...

DSC_0677.jpg

WDW_75.jpg

WDW_636.jpg

Then as most of you know...there is ME. 34 years old. Mind of a 13 year old. At peace on the ice. That is all the information you need to know about me at this time. Here I am...

DSC_1106_1_1.jpg

Hotel.jpg

DSC_0840_1_1.jpg

...and here we both are...

MeampColleen23.jpg

WDW_752.jpg

*All plans are subject to change from what you are about to read. That is just how it goes when you have the ability to be a park hopper with the water parks and more options.

Our travel dates have us flying out of Pittsburgh on October 9th at 6:00AM!!! Normally our flight leaving here would look like this...

CSC_0603.jpg

but Southwest screwed with so many flights that it was not really doable this time. Oh well, we will just get there a bit sooner and I can live with that!

Park hours are pretty awful to say the least as of now for this trip. MK closing at 9pm, DHS 7:30...EMH are only at 2 hours. Pretty weak if you ask me but we will deal and possibly have more relaxing time as a result.

Wednesday 10/9

We will be arriving being nothing goes wrong with flights or anything else weird at MCO around 8:20am.

From there we will head to All Star Sports. Hopefully we can check in. I have never once had an issue with checking in early. If not we will just drop our stuff off and head to The Magic Kingdom!!! Normally we do Epcot the first half of the day then go to MK but I switched that for some really good reason that I can't seem to remember right now. But it was a good reason, I do know that! We have a dinner scheduled for The Wave. We never been here before so I am excited to try something new.

Thursday 10/10

First of MANY Typhoon Lagoon trips! For those of you who know and "know" me you KNOW that we LOVE TL. The Wave Pool, Crush n Gusher, Shark Reef, The Wave Pool, The Hot Italian Sandwich, The Wave Pool, and they have Dip N Dots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean what the hell more do I need right???

After TL, at some point we will go back to the resort change, possibly shower (yeah picture that) and then head over to Epcot. Kind of pumped for this because 1 Food and Wine Festival will be going on AND it's the first time dining at Le Cellier since the switch to Signature Dining, also the first time since 2011! I can't wait for the filet, and the moose...also the pretzel bread. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Friday 10/11

Nobody is gonna be upset if we go back to Typhoon Lagoon right? Oh well, you're beat if you are. But yeah...TL it is! Did I say anything about The Wave Pool and Dip N Dots before?

Same routine from here though...back to the resort to freshen up and change. Then we are heading to Hollywood Studios. For those of you who are offended by Hollywood Studios and will only call it MGM...Ummm we are headed to Hollywood Studios because we have an ADR at 50's Prime Time and because I really enjoy The Tower or Terror, along with Star Tours and other cool stuff there.We are both really big fans of 50's Prime Time. I am not really sure why we only eat here once per trip...but such is life I guess.

Saturday 10/12

Saturday is a day that we have scheduled to spend our whole day in Magic Kingdom. Don't really know if we will hang out there the first half of the day. Looking at it now we may have to head to Epcot first and get a few snacks from F&W, maybe a Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons, looking at my plans we are scheduled to be in Epcot for another 4 days so this seems like the way to go.

So it is now on to MK. Well maybe straight to Narcoossee's depending on how long we stay at Epcot. Either way we will finish our night, like we will PLENTY of times in MK so that we can watch Wishes. I could easily watch Wishes every night I am there and not be sick of it once. The biggest question of the day here though will be if Narcoossee's has The Strawberry Shortcake or The Strawberry Tart. I am hoping its the shortcake but if it's that tart I won't get TOO upset. Both are 10's. The shortcake is 10-a and the tart is 10-b.

Sunday 10/13

I am REALLY REALLY going to try to spend the day at Animal Kingdom. I think the longest I have ever been there was maybe 3 hours? I don't dislike the place, I dislike how it feels like you are in another climate once you arrive there. It seriously feels like it is 20 degrees hotter at AK. Could be all in my head but this is MY PTR and I can feel how I want or imagine what I want. But anyways...aside from the heat and pretty much wanting to leave as soon as I get here AK has 2 of my favorite attractions. It's Tough to be a Bug, and Expedition Everest. If we got to spend more "time" with or around the lions then The Safari would be right up there as well. Finding Nemo is pretty decent too. I think I need to just convince myself that I do wanna be there and it'll be okay. I guess the biggest thing is that it really does not have a Disney World feel to it, but again...that is just my opinion.

From AK, to the Poly for an ADR at Kona. Finally gonna try that steak that @WDWFigment has been crying about for a few years. Well that is not why we are doing it. Him crying really has no effect on me, but I do value and trust his opinion except when he tried to get us to ditch Colleen and Sarah so we could share a hammock at The Poly Beach and watch Wishes. ANNNNYYYYYY WAAAAAYYYYYSSSSSS...

Over to MK because 1. Wishes, and 2. EMH this evening at MK. 2 measly hours. Booo!If you work at MK then I am happy for you but as a guest this really stinks. Oh well. Hopefully it changes.

Monday 10/14

This is another one of those days I have us in 1 park. DHS...I really don't think it's possible to stay a whole entire day here especially with EMH in the evening. So maybe it's a Typhoon Lagoon day again. Maybe even Blizzard Beach instead? Maybe even Epcot for some F&W fun. Who knows? Either way we have a dinner reservation at Yachtsman Steakhouse. We ate here last trip in 2011 and LOVED it so I am super geeked to eat here again. The Porterhouse is in some serious trouble!

We will finish out our day at DHS though. Riding ToT at night is just awesome. Plus I plan on getting some good night shots of ToT, and outside Muppet Vision!

Tuesday 10/15

TY-PHOOOOON LAGOON!!!Wave Pool, Crush n Gusher, Dip N Dots...remember???

Annnnnd here is where things get busy. From TL we will go change and what not. Head over to MK to eventually catch Wishes. MK closes at 9pm. After Wishes we will either hop a bus to a resort that has the LEAST people that is CLOSE to DTD or walk to The Contemporary and catch a bus DIRECTLY to DTD for a 1030pm ADR at Fulton's Crab House. It can and WILL be done.

Wednesday 10/16

Epcot, all day is on the schedule. With F&W going on all day and night, a night time ADR for Le Cellier (Trip 2 of 3). I HAVE to go to Beaches and Cream again so this MIGHT be the day to do this. Or we just might SMASH Food and Wine samples all day.

Thursday 10/17

We are going to start our day or at least end up at Epcot at some point because we have an ADR at Coral Reef. We love eating here and the big wish is that they have The Grilled Swordfish. Colleen ordered this is 2010 and if I had not eaten half of my steak by the time I tried her swordfish I would have asked them to take back my steak and bring me the fish! It was THAT good. So hopefully we can feast on that, if not I will "settle" for the NY Strip.

It's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party time! Been a whole since we been to a MNSSHP. While there in 2011 we were there too early for the party, but the decorations were being added everywhere. It's a pretty good time. Worth $50? Ehhhhhhhhh...not really sure but it's cool to see the parades, special fireworks and characters around.

Friday 10/18

Maybe THIS day will be better spent trying to spend a whole day at AK. It's the only park planned this day because originally we were going to try not to do park hopper but it just makes more sense to do the park hopper so the original plan was to go to California Grill after AK and watch Hallowishes from the roof up there. But California Grill is making me sweat with this refurb and no ways to make ADR's yet. I did get some good inside info on when it'll open back up so I SHOULD be good with that plan.

Saturday 10/19

It is Magic Kingdom all day today. Plus I got us an ADR for Be Our Guest! Really interested to try this place out. I have not really read anything about the food in terms of what people have been saying. That is not purposely done so if you have anything you wanna share...Sharing is caring after all.

Sunday 10/20

Again I have us at DHS all day WITH EMH at the end of the day. I have no idea how we will handle this day but I am sure we will find something to keep us entertained. Maybe some resort swimming or something? Either way we have an ADR at The Hollywood Brown Derby. Another first for us and we are obviously excited to eat here.

Monday 10/21

Typhoon Lagoon for the last time of the trip. RATS! But hey...Dip N Dots!!!! Wave Pool!!!! SHARK REEF!!!!! CRUSH n GUSHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EMH at MK to close our night. No ADR's today. We will be Table Servicing it up!

Tuesday 10/22

Last FULL day and Epcot will have us. Le Cellier will have us for our 3rd and final trip there or to any other restaurant in Disney World for this trip.

Wednesday 10/23

Well the only good news about leaving today is that Air Tran just pushed our return flight home back like 30 minutes so now we get a little more play time at MK that we were ready for. Not like we really need it at this point but the last thing you wanna have your vacation interrupted by is a flight home.

Well that is all I have for you folks. I guess the only thing left is the trip and the trip report. Hopefully you all enjoy this and are looking forward to the trip report. I know I am! Well not the trip report cause that will mean I am back home writing it!

***UPDATE***

Being that the cafe at Sports will be closed we switched to Pop Century.

This is both good and bad for me.

Good...

Can use AoA's seeming to be awesome food court by simply crossing the bridge.
Can fish in all of that lake surrounding both hotels!
A little bit closer to Typhoon Lagoon and the rest of the parks.

The Bad...

Won't get to play on the football field. Anyone who knows me or has read any of my reports KNOWS I love to catch football at night with Colleen. This is a pretty big blow for me especially with park hours so lame in October but the 3 pluses for Pop/AoA are still pretty sweet.

In the long run I will get to photograph two different hotels so that will be pretty cool as well.

I just wanna catch ONE large mouth bass. All we get up here in Pittsburgh in the rivers are small mouth.

In the meantime if you have not been to and LIKED my Disney World Food Page on facebook you can finally join all the cool kids and LIKE it here ---->
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Disney-World-Food/630391366986685

Also, if you're REALLY bored you can check out my 2011 Trip Report here --->
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...rn-your-flash-off-shut-up-trip-report.804191/

Oh and the food report from that trip can be viewed here --->
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-2011-food-report-dear-lord-we-are-fat.801439/

Last edited:

Lexi

What are your ADR's looking like?

Our ADRs are a very light this time around since we plan on spending A LOT of time eating at the F&W festival:

10/09 - dinner at Teppan Edo
10/10 - lunch at Yak & Yeti
10/11 -
10/12 - breakfast at Kona, dinner at Ohana
10/13 - late lunch at Mama Melrose
10/14 - dinner at Trails End
10/15 - dinner at Shulas

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom