The return of Mowgli?

Tom

Beta Return
I can't tell you who it is, but I can tell you when it was taken. It was during an AP event that was held at DAK on Sept. 29, 2007 to celebrate the Jungle Book DVD release. That horrible Mowgli costume has been permanently burned into my brain since that night.

Horrible doesn't do it justice. That costume seriously looks like I made it in my garage, and the head region is a mess too. What were they thinking?

WorldKey

With Disney movie theming everywhere, this thread makes me wonder why Disney hasn't used the Jungle Book in some fashion in DAK? Seems to be a perfect fit for some future attraction.

ryno1982

With Disney movie theming everywhere, this thread makes me wonder why Disney hasn't used the Jungle Book in some fashion in DAK? Seems to be a perfect fit for some future attraction.

The park opened with a Jungle Book show in the Theater in the Wild. It only ran for about a year before Tarzan Rocks replaced it.

mp2bill

picture.php

I searched Google Images and found this picture. I dunno who it is or when it was taken but Mowgli looks kinda scary

Yeah he does!

Biff215

You know as well as I do that some of the women that attend MNSSHP will riot if that happens.

True, but that particular Tarzan is definitely questionable. I'm not really into rating other guys, but they need to do better than that. Tarzan Rocks always had a guy much more ripped than that, although he was also doing some work in the show.

_Scar

I saw a DLP video with Mowgli and I distinctly remember the flesh color suit.

I wish he had a head like Lilo, but really Mowgli isn't even that popular of a character.

drew81

Original Poster
Just to be clear-Tarzan will not be returning for meet n greets at all and that includes MNSSHP.

Chape19714

True, but that particular Tarzan is definitely questionable. I'm not really into rating other guys, but they need to do better than that. Tarzan Rocks always had a guy much more ripped than that, although he was also doing some work in the show.
There was also another Tarzan that seemed like a much better fit. I don't remember that one at all.

DisneyNut2007

True, but that particular Tarzan is definitely questionable. I'm not really into rating other guys, but they need to do better than that.

I sure hope that the characters' "friends" don't read these posts. If they did, I bet they'd be EXTREMELY offended.

Besides, looks aren't EVERYTHING. They won't just cast a performer into a role right away only based on how much they may resemble the character in question. Personalities, behaviors, mannerisms, etc. are always taken into consideration as well. The performers also have to have good people skills too.

asianway

So if Mowgli comes, logic would dictate he joins the other Jungle Book characters at their station. Is there any chance they may just let Terk return to AK and bring in another movie's characters? Rescuers Down Under would be my pick!

drew81

Original Poster
So if Mowgli comes, logic would dictate he joins the other Jungle Book characters at their station. Is there any chance they may just let Terk return to AK and bring in another movie's characters? Rescuers Down Under would be my pick!

Terk is still out at AK.

BrerFrog

Has there ever been a Rescuers M&G at any of the Disney Parks? I love the two movies so much. :)

drew81

Original Poster
Has there ever been a Rescuers M&G at any of the Disney Parks? I love the two movies so much. :)

Yes. Years ago Madam Medusa, Evinrude, Orville, Miss Bianca and Bernard did meet n greets. Miss Bianca and Bernard still appear at Tokyo but haven't appeared in years at WDW.

Jake and Frank from Rescuers Down Under were also available. I think they were special events only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom