The rest of the World

jmarc63

Original Poster
We have been discussing in other threads about how the attendance levels are at the parks, and bookings at the resorts are doing, But I was wondering how the recreation side of things are doing. for instance Golf, since WDW has built so many Golf cources in the past 30 years I was wondering how tee times were doing, In the 70s there were a few around Orlando besides the newly built Palm and Magnoila. since then there are Dozens of Golf Cources around the area now, and three right on the WDW border, namly the Orange Lake County Golf Cource and resort just west of WDW on Irlo Bronson Pkwy and the Falcons Fire east of I4 on Osceloa Pkwy and the new celebration Cource in Celebration, Is Golf suffering as well?

Pioneer Hall

Well if there are less people coming to the parks I have to assume that there would be less people going to the golf courses. Since a lot of the people who tee off in Disney are guests to the resort and also go to enjoy all the other things it seems that a decline in one would mean a decline in the other. Of course they still have their local visitors, but the tourists who don't come aren't there.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Well if there are less people coming to the parks I have to assume that there would be less people going to the golf courses. Since a lot of the people who tee off in Disney are guests to the resort and also go to enjoy all the other things it seems that a decline in one would mean a decline in the other. Of course they still have their local visitors, but the tourists who don't come aren't there.

I know this is getting off subject a little...but...I had to yell at my uncle the other day :lol:

He just booked a golf weekend in Orlando...

1. Not golfing any of the WDW golf courses

2. (as if #1 wasn't bad enough) He's staying at the Hard Rock Hotel at USF :mad:

:lol:

Katherine

.If attendance is down at the parks then they would probably be down at the other activities. I hope attandance comes back up but with the current problems it doesn't seem it will:(

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Katherine
.If attendance is down at the parks then they would probably be down at the other activities. I hope attandance comes back up but with the current problems it doesn't seem it will:(

Well attendance hasn't been falling that bad yet. Disney is predicting it will if we go to war. That is why all those things were put in to place (hiring freeze, shortened hours, etc.). Disneyland on the other hand is thriving. There are two weeks in March where their resort hotels are booked. They have also had to extend their march hours. Sort of the opposite of WDW. We will just have to see how the war situation goes before we know about dropping attendance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom