The Red Button Option

ppete1975

no football expected this fall.
wrong, there will be football, at least part of the seasons (nfl and college) too much money, the nfl would survive.. but it would hurt alot of parties the nfl doesnt want to hurt.. and college football there is so much more people dont understand about how catastrophic it would be if it was cancelled.... it might be delayed though.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Per OpenSecrets, Chapek donated $500 to Kevin McCarthy's re-election campaign in 2017.

As someone who works in politics at the corporate level I can tell you that means little. It’s not uncommon for corporations and their executives to “play the field” by donating to both sides and selecting candidates in generally safe seats in high positions of power in their respective states. It just makes business sense.

I.e. Minority leader McCarthy, Speaker Pelosi, both Senators Scott/Rubio and Harris/Feinstein, Congressmen Hoyer and Scalise have all probably received handsome donation from Disney’s PAC and it’s individual execs.

Regardless of presidential politics I would not be surprised if Disney’s PAC tried to maintain a near 50/50 R-D parity at the Congressional and state/legislative level (particularly in Florida).

Prince-1

They should just lock DeSantis and Cuomo in a Hell in a Cell and let them end this once and for all.

tenor.gif

Lets add a few more politicians a lot higher up on the pay scale to the fight.

Castmbr

wrong, there will be football, at least part of the seasons (nfl and college) too much money, the nfl would survive.. but it would hurt alot of parties the nfl doesnt want to hurt.. and college football there is so much more people dont understand about how catastrophic it would be if it was cancelled.... it might be delayed though.

With the current climate most at ESPN believe that Football is doomed for this year and they are doing what they can to mitigate and lobby to keep it. The NBA bubble has been challenging at WDW from what we have heard. The people that track compliance internal and external are being very strict and they have the power to shut everything down with a check mark on a clipboard. Just saying that it might be something that will not be popular but the powers that be will cancel for safety reasons.

I love football season and this would really suck....but "if it saves just one life" will probably be the reason.

ppete1975

I’m not defeding WDW pro, but covid is literally chocking the hell out of disney, ESPN, Hulu, Studio and THEME park is literally screwing the heck out of the entertainment industry, now there’s this whole made up coin shortage everywhere i go, rumor is they are getting rid of cash. Who knows at this rate. The landscape will never be the same, I was ****ed off just thinking about how far back they are going to push back No time to Die now, since rumor was that now they are considering a 2021 release, heck it was supposed to be out in April 2020, by august we should had seen it out on Blu ray, 4k and digital Not wait a whole freaking year. Granted I found out that Universal Made 100million off of Trolls world tour VOD rentals in a week, that’s more than the first trolls ever did in it’s 5 month theater run, but will the big studios bend over and finally give in to digital? I honestly feel like things will not ever be the same the ever again, you won’t go to a full packed theater since I’m sure a 400 Seating theater + will probably be filled with 150 due to social distancing seating and same thing with parks operating at a medium loss since rides are not going at full capacity and like i read earlier that disney has problems filling resorts.

Can they ever be the power house they were? I honestly couldn’t tell you, frankly no one can, it’s not even fear at this point, people are legit hurt financially, July has been the record month this year of moves and we can honestly see why... I’m honestly cutting and trimming unnecessary expenses, I am even thinking of possibly heading to Disneyland next year, but I am dead set on trying to make it to Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration that at this rate just might be pins and merchandise and nothing too extravagant since they are even missing deadlines on rides and parades...
you forgot the cruise line and merchandise ( disney stores were closed for a long time and some people took a big economic hit and arent spending as much on disney merch)

Nubs70

1595274597427.png

The affect of Covid on employment is roughly:
2 times the '07-'09 Financial Crisis
5 times 9/11

We currently have great economic uncertainty combined with a risk to health. Disney Disposable Income is not there for many people. For both DDI and non DDI households there is a risk to well being.

Simply put, Both those who have the DDI and those that do not want to travel for health safety reasons.

ppete1975

With the current climate most at ESPN believe that Football is doomed for this year and they are doing what they can to mitigate and lobby to keep it. The NBA bubble has been challenging at WDW from what we have heard. The people that track compliance internal and external are being very strict and they have the power to shut everything down with a check mark on a clipboard. Just saying that it might be something that will not be popular but the powers that be will cancel for safety reasons.

I love football season and this would really suck....but "if it saves just one life" will probably be the reason.
not what my sources are saying. BTW if you lose college football entirely this year, you have at least 25 percent of schools will no longer have any college athletics again.

TrainsOfDisney

BTW if you lose college football entirely this year, you have at least 25 percent of schools will no longer have any college athletics again.

Totally off topic but I’m ok with that. Athletics has nothing to do with higher education. I don’t mind if a school wants to have a team, but it shouldn’t make any difference if they do or not. Just my opinion of course :)

ppete1975

Help me. I'm sincerely curious how you arrived at this. This isn't a question of my agreement or disagreement, I just want to know how you came up with that figure

Thanks.
no problem. So all college sports outside of basketball are paid for by college football. Many of those programs are ran in the red (deep red) as it is. So no money coming in they will have to cut many of the sports, maybe even football. Many of the california schools are already in trouble (stanford ucla are two), the SEC for one is going to do everything possible to play football due to the billions of money it generates, where the loss of money would be catastrophic. As far as schools ending football, dont think the power 5 conferences. Think of the teams outside of it.
Im not the best at explaining it, but when my sources do... its terrifying if you love college sports.
BTW the power 5 has been screwing up everything from the beginning.. instead of being unified and basically leaving the ncaa and starting their own thing, they have stuck in their own conferences.

Slpy3270

I’m not defeding WDW pro, but covid is literally chocking the hell out of disney, ESPN, Hulu, Studio and THEME park is literally screwing the heck out of the entertainment industry, now there’s this whole made up coin shortage everywhere i go, rumor is they are getting rid of cash. Who knows at this rate. The landscape will never be the same, I was ****ed off just thinking about how far back they are going to push back No time to Die now, since rumor was that now they are considering a 2021 release, heck it was supposed to be out in April 2020, by august we should had seen it out on Blu ray, 4k and digital Not wait a whole freaking year. Granted I found out that Universal Made 100million off of Trolls world tour VOD rentals in a week, that’s more than the first trolls ever did in it’s 5 month theater run, but will the big studios bend over and finally give in to digital? I honestly feel like things will not ever be the same the ever again, you won’t go to a full packed theater since I’m sure a 400 Seating theater + will probably be filled with 150 due to social distancing seating and same thing with parks operating at a medium loss since rides are not going at full capacity and like i read earlier that disney has problems filling resorts.

Can they ever be the power house they were? I honestly couldn’t tell you, frankly no one can, it’s not even fear at this point, people are legit hurt financially, July has been the record month this year of moves and we can honestly see why... I’m honestly cutting and trimming unnecessary expenses, I am even thinking of possibly heading to Disneyland next year, but I am dead set on trying to make it to Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration that at this rate just might be pins and merchandise and nothing too extravagant since they are even missing deadlines on rides and parades...

Disney is far better positioned to bounce back from Covid than literally all other media conglomerates. AT&T and Comcast are saddled with far bigger debt loads than Disney and already both are facing pressure to sell or spin off assets. No such pressure is being applied to Disney, and for good reason. They have stronger liquidity and cash reserves than any other media company. There's *a reason* no credible financial analysts are calling for people to sell their holdings in Disney (by credible I don't mean tech shill Rich Greenfield).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom