The Red Button Option

rreading

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 1.10.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 1.09.54 PM.png

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
the perception most people seem to have about Disney is "I'm not going... I hear it's a nightmare to get through the resort reservation system."

My father was asking me about this the other day because he had heard the same. It took many tries to assure him I've done what I need to do (make park reservations).

I thought Disney had done a fine job communicating all of this to people, but I am also one who follows Disney news to make an attempt to understand the situation. While I've suspected many are like my father's, I also guessed there were enough people who both wanted to go and who understood the reservation system to make trips to make-up for those not understanding. I clearly underestimated one population and overestimated another. Maybe Disney did the same.

TrainsOfDisney

The question is why?

1. Afraid of the virus?
2. Don't feel like dealing with the restrictions?
3. Governor won't let you leave the state without quarantining on your return?

The "solutions" for each of those can make the other worse, so it's a major catch-22. I.e., mask and social distancing rules might appease people who are afraid of the virus, but they'll drive away the people who don't feel like dealing with the restrictions.

Also... no international tourists. That’s 0.

Touchdown

In order of most to least important:
1. I don’t want to get Covid
2. Not so much dealing with restrictions, but dealing with no live shows, no park hopping, no water parks and no nighttime spectaculars but still having to pay the same amount.
3. Can’t quarantine for 2 weeks after I get back

Castmbr

My father was asking me about this the other day because he had heard the same. It took many tries to assure him I've done what I need to do (make park reservations).

I thought Disney had done a fine job communicating all of this to people, but I am also one who follows Disney news to make an attempt to understand the situation. While I've suspected many are like my father's, I also guessed there were enough people who both wanted to go and who understood the reservation system to make trips to make-up for those not understanding. I clearly underestimated one population and overestimated another. Maybe Disney did the same.

Tilak's team strikes again...HAHAHAHA. I honestly have no idea how this guy keeps his job.

FullSailDan

The question is why?

1. Afraid of the virus?
2. Don't feel like dealing with the restrictions?
3. Governor won't let you leave the state without quarantining on your return?

The "solutions" for each of those can make the other worse, so it's a major catch-22. I.e., mask and social distancing rules might appease people who are afraid of the virus, but they'll drive away the people who don't feel like dealing with the restrictions.

You forgot the economic side of things. In uncertain times, people cut spending for entertainment. Many of us here are super lucky and still employed, haven’t seen cuts, etc. However the reality is that many people see layoffs looming soon, didn’t get that raise/bonus/promotion, are afraid the economy is slowing down, and want to preserve what they have. Disney is expensive, and there are plenty of cheap alternative options for a “get-away” for families.

You also missed the logistics. Family vacations are often planned months in advance, not days/weeks ahead. People need to request time off, book transport, get pet care, etc. For many, it’s just not feasible.

It’s not all politics and fear.

Castmbr

"Disney's in crisis far more than other rivals. Strategy is leaving them vulnerable. Thousands of jobs will be cut. Movie theater closures will destroy studio division. Synergy days over." Yada-yada-yada.

Also---- ESPN and ABC are seeing huge declines in Ad Rev.... no football expected this fall.

It Is What It Is

With Sweden having a population of around 10 million and it's largest metropolitan area (Stockholm) is near 2.5 million. About the same as Orlando's metropolitan area. Swedish provinces don't have state powers (thank you Wikipedia) like here in the US. The US is coming up on 330 million with 50 different governors deciding what they think is best. It makes for a tough comparison.

ppete1975

There has never been any plan called the “secure circuit” and there was never a plan just to keep MK and the monorail resorts open. You continue to push vague conjecture based on news reports of the day and for those of us who actually do work in the company and know what’s going on - it’s insanely frustrating.

While there may be small nuggets of truth in things you say, it is 99% bad guessing by someone who has no idea how the company actually works.

Please stop humoring this person y’all. I beg you.
i like you :)
when i try to reply to his fake news it comes across very rudely and much more get off my lawn.

Ldno

"Disney's in crisis far more than other rivals. Strategy is leaving them vulnerable. Thousands of jobs will be cut. Movie theater closures will destroy studio division. Synergy days over." Yada-yada-yada.
I’m not defeding WDW pro, but covid is literally chocking the hell out of disney, ESPN, Hulu, Studio and THEME park is literally screwing the heck out of the entertainment industry, now there’s this whole made up coin shortage everywhere i go, rumor is they are getting rid of cash. Who knows at this rate. The landscape will never be the same, I was ed off just thinking about how far back they are going to push back No time to Die now, since rumor was that now they are considering a 2021 release, heck it was supposed to be out in April 2020, by august we should had seen it out on Blu ray, 4k and digital Not wait a whole freaking year. Granted I found out that Universal Made 100million off of Trolls world tour VOD rentals in a week, that’s more than the first trolls ever did in it’s 5 month theater run, but will the big studios bend over and finally give in to digital? I honestly feel like things will not ever be the same the ever again, you won’t go to a full packed theater since I’m sure a 400 Seating theater + will probably be filled with 150 due to social distancing seating and same thing with parks operating at a medium loss since rides are not going at full capacity and like i read earlier that disney has problems filling resorts.

Can they ever be the power house they were? I honestly couldn’t tell you, frankly no one can, it’s not even fear at this point, people are legit hurt financially, July has been the record month this year of moves and we can honestly see why... I’m honestly cutting and trimming unnecessary expenses, I am even thinking of possibly heading to Disneyland next year, but I am dead set on trying to make it to Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration that at this rate just might be pins and merchandise and nothing too extravagant since they are even missing deadlines on rides and parades...

DVCakaCarlF

There's a #4. Required to quarantine upon arrival in Florida. Currently, 3 and 4 overlap, but that wasn't always the case, and it's possible for #3 to disappear and #4 to stay in place since one region is using data to determine quarantines and another state isn't.
Uh...is no one remembering the part where people can’t afford to go on vacation right now? You think everyone asked for a AP refund because they didn’t want more days at WDW? They did it cause they wanted their money!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom