The Red Button Option

denyuntilcaught

WDW Pro, I for one love your insight and your threads. To me, its not about whether or not it's 100% true or false, it's just entertainment and that's what I come here for. Bonus points if it comes true.

Most major corporations have strict IT policies against the use of any social media platforms for business purposes. I would be highly surprised if Disney didn't prohibit such activity and if there were many that were compromised in this manner. If so, they are subject to disciplinary action including termination.

They do have a similar policy.

SilentWindODoom

Interesting. Seems probable, but I’ll still treat as a rumour.

As for those against Pro, I’m reminded of a situation from late 2018. An insider was sharing information about the final characters in the new Super Smash Bros game. He disappointingly claimed that there would only be two more characters, Ken and a Pokémon. We all flung hate at him; “You have no credibility! Banjo, Geno, Shadow and more will be in! You’re track record is shaky at best!”

Who did we get? Ken and a Pokémon. If something sounds disappointing or bad, it’s probably true.

In the original Sky is Falling thread, insiders vouched for him, so I'm listening until someone confirmed to be in the know disproves.

Some of the OPs rumors rings true but to connect something of this gravity to the retheme of Splash seems extremely odd.

Splash is the perfect barometer. It was announced, is relevant to current events, would result in a huge amount of egg on their face if it didn't happen, and has been said to be pushed to the front of the line ahead of other projects. It being dropped says a lot about the situation. It's also something a lot of fans are unhappy with, so a little good news sprinkled into the rest isn't a bad thing.

There seems to be some people that think that dropping Epcot would be enough to fill the little bit of leftover supply that MK and AK have (they both alternate with getting filled up). However, they put so much effort into adjusting for and dealing with the quirks of getting Epcot ready for operations, that I have a hard time seeing them throw it all away.

Epcot has Food and Wine going currently. Does any other park have a thing that simultaneously draws crowds and makes money directly? I can see Epcot being first to get the axe because Magic Kingdom is Magic Friggin' Kingdom and the Studios and Animal Kingdom have Galaxy's Edge and Pandora to draw guests. But strictly speaking monetarily, I would think Epcot would be of prime importance to keep open given the festival pays in direct charge rather than bringing people in to pay other ways.

rreading

In the original Sky is Falling thread, insiders vouched for him, so I'm listening until someone confirmed to be in the know disproves.

Splash is the perfect barometer. It was announced, is relevant to current events, would result in a huge amount of egg on their face if it didn't happen, and has been said to be pushed to the front of the line ahead of other projects. It being dropped says a lot about the situation. It's also something a lot of fans are unhappy with, so a little good news sprinkled into the rest isn't a bad thing.

Epcot has Food and Wine going currently. Does any other park have a thing that simultaneously draws crowds and makes money directly? I can see Epcot being first to get the axe because Magic Kingdom is Magic Friggin' Kingdom and the Studios and Animal Kingdom have Galaxy's Edge and Pandora to draw guests. But strictly speaking monetarily, I would think Epcot would be of prime importance to keep open given the festival pays in direct charge rather than bringing people in to pay other ways.

I'm a but surprised that they aren't allowing guests to park hop from their initial park to Epcot for getting their evening meals. They're not selling park hopper tickets, but still - I can't imagine that there are that many (apart from locals/passholders) who will choose Epcot over the other options

SilentWindODoom

I'm a but surprised that they aren't allowing guests to park hop from their initial park to Epcot for getting their evening meals. They're not selling park hopper tickets, but still - I can't imagine that there are that many (apart from locals/passholders) who will choose Epcot over the other options

At this point it appears that that is what makes up most of their current crowds.

TrainsOfDisney

Food and Wine needs legit crowds to make legit money.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Who could have guessed they'd have trouble filling rooms during a pandemic when 85% of their customers come from out of state?

When you're charging $200-400 a night for a room, you're also going to have trouble filling rooms.

There's no need to get into the specifics of layoff structures... things can change and it would be cruel to put people in fear of losing their job before the company gives the word.

If these people don't have it in the back of their minds already, then I've got a lot of land that I can sell them that they may not be able to afford in six months time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Unless WDW operates with massive margins, closing the parks may well be cheaper than operating with such low attendance levels

Chapek's goal is to break even (not counting depreciation expenses). But, they're not even at what the new full capacity is yet, so, they're probably not there yet.

I'm sure that by the Aug 4 Quarterly call, they'll be able to characterize what the current conditions are doing to the bottom line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom