The Red Button Option

spresso81

The article below should be required reading for this thread - I do not want it to be too political but most of it pertains to this:

This is a really good article which supports some of WDWPros points. The quote below is really interesting:

“The Chinese Communist Party thinks in terms of decades and centuries, while we tend to focus on the next quarter’s earnings report.”

el_super

I thought Barr's knowledge as to how many CCP members work for Disney and what their desks look like was a clear sign to Burbank. He didn't say those words for the heck of it.

I'm confused. They were surprised that the people who work for a theme park in a communist country identified themselves as communists? I'm sure on paper, everyone who works at SHDL is a communist. Why would it be surprising?

lazyboy97o

I'm confused. They were surprised that the people who work for a theme park in a communist country identified themselves as communists? I'm sure on paper, everyone who works at SHDL is a communist. Why would it be surprising?
On paper everyone is not a member. Membership in the Party is something special that is earned. It comes from Lenin’s re-conception of the Party as a vanguard that leads the proletariat.

Ldno

Since when have such official people with important business used Twitter direct messages to communicate? I’m not saying I don’t believe you, but this seems incredibly random.
Remember the whole slack breach? How people companies were using slack and got breached with confidential data, same with Zoom and company meetings? Companies outsource all forms of communication within all the time, tbh going secure in a vpn just to send a message in the middle of nowhere can be tedious, not surprising if twitter can be used to discuss official business, but that’s just Proves that Twitter was never a tech Company to begin with and that’s why they are panicking.

Same. 2020 just keeps getting stranger.

If Chapek was rooting for MK only I’m going to guess he’s making a big deal of how he was right to the board. This is a terrible time for many reasons to be opening all 4 parks.

Hell yeah, i was mad for all the cuts in galaxy’s edge, but people who go by the numbers are the ones who will always CYA themselves no matter what and couldn’t care about their legacy, man, if it’s true Iger‘s legacy is at risk.
Closures of Primeval Whirl, Stitch, and Rivers of Light...
Leven of Oooooofffff over 9000

A year ago you couldn’t tell me Disney was not Untouchable , heck their studios managed to score the record breaking 10 billion ticket sales, all of a sudden covid just seems like something that was placed to destroy and topple the entertainment industry, now they are saying movie theaters are not planning on opening until 2021 and the stocks slid, might as well go digital at this point. Nothing surprises me anymore tbh, mandatory face mask policies and fines, temperature checks for going into Walmart’s

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Random question, but if Disney did indeed sell/divest in HKDL and SDL, how much would this make up for this pandemic and it's effects? Would it be enough to "get things back on track"?

Lilofan

Random question, but if Disney did indeed sell/divest in HKDL and SDL, how much would this make up for this pandemic and it's effects? Would it be enough to "get things back on track"?
I think Shanghai DL alone cost several billion dollars to build. Looks like Wall Street will be grilling Iger during Q&A on August 4th during TWDC quarterly earnings conference call with Wall Street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom