The reasons why I WILL NOT be purchasing a disney annual pass!!!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Ah yes, the resort that is in a current building spree of new parks, attractions, refurbishments, and exciting events.

I don't know how a resort with two new world-class coasters is trashy.

It's not as well kept and the employees aren't as courteous or polite as Disney CM'S.

Andrew25

It's not as well kept and the employees aren't as courteous or polite as Disney CM'S.

While I agree with the resort not being well maintained in the past, that has changed significantly in the past few months now. The resort is on a quiet, yet significant, refurbishment spree at their current parks... in addition to building a new park and 3 new hotels.

The TMs at Universal are just as polite/courteous as Disney, they are just not trained as well as WDW, and I'm hoping that changes soon since Uni's operations can hold them back sometimes.

But I don't know how someone call Universal "trashy"

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
While I agree with the resort not being well maintained in the past, that has changed significantly in the past few months now. The resort is on a quiet, yet significant, refurbishment spree at their current parks... in addition to building a new park and 3 new hotels.

The TMs at Universal are just as polite/courteous as Disney, they are just not trained as well as WDW, and I'm hoping that changes soon since Uni's operations can hold them back sometimes.

Huh, if they've improved in the past few months - coincidentally the same times I've been going, I'm scared to see what they were like before.

Andrew25

Huh, if they've improved in the past few months - coincidentally the same times I've been going, I'm scared to see what they were like before.

The resort was in a positive trend until Covid, then they got away with a lack of refurbishments/low staffing until late last year, and since then it's turned around dramatically with minor infrastructure projects similar to Disneyland's Stardust Project.

They are yet to lap Disney in their operations, but they aren't far behind.

Riviera Rita

Reason #1 ---The United States is entering into a recession

Reason #2 ---Disney Annual Passes are so expensive now that they arent a value anymore

Reason #3 ---Disney is getting rid of classic rides and replacing them with garbage

Reason #4 ---Lightning Lane is gone

Reason #5---Crowds seem bigger than ever

Reason #6---Disney executives have made it quite clear they dont care about true disney fans so why should we support them anymore

Reason #7---They pay their employee bad wages while the executives make WAY too much money

Reason #8---Other parks are offering better deals
Crikey, if you feel that way just don't go at all.

Riviera Rita

Hmm spend my hard earned money at Disney or save it and leave it to my family to enjoy instead. Tough choice;)
Seriously though, if you think it's too much money then go somewhere that you are happy to spend your money on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayla

Hmm spend my hard earned money at Disney or save it and leave it to my family to enjoy instead. Tough choice;)
Seriously though, if you think it's too much money then go somewhere that you are happy to spend your money on. It's like the men who wear T-shirts saying 'Most Expensive Day Ever!' You must have really cheapskated your wedding day then.
The best piece of advice our financial planner told us was if we don't spend our money, our children will. None of it going forward will be on Disney, but it's a philosophy we've taken to heart.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Cancel another person off the park reservation total. Gets immediately replaced by another family. Dis doesnt notice any difference.
Right…cause they started selling these - along with 20-30% room promos, Florida res offers, etc…cause they’re “really kind and appreciative”

Definitely “next man up” 🫣

Riviera Rita

The best piece of advice our financial planner told us was if we don't spend our money, our children will. None of it going forward will be on Disney, but it's a philosophy we've taken to heart.
I don't have immediate family and I won't be leaving it to my nieces and nephew who don't need an inheritance from their old auntie, so what else shall I do with it? As my granny said: 'There are no pockets in a shroud'

eliza61nyc

Reason #1 ---The United States is entering into a recession

Reason #2 ---Disney Annual Passes are so expensive now that they arent a value anymore

Reason #3 ---Disney is getting rid of classic rides and replacing them with garbage

Reason #4 ---Lightning Lane is gone

Reason #5---Crowds seem bigger than ever

Reason #6---Disney executives have made it quite clear they dont care about true disney fans so why should we support them anymore

Reason #7---They pay their employee bad wages while the executives make WAY too much money

Reason #8---Other parks are offering better deals
#6. What are the rest of us "fake" Disney fans

#7. Employment is a contract between 2 parties. No one in any company is forced to take wages they find unacceptable.

Riviera Rita

I’ve never seen a hearse with a trailer hitch…
I've seen a poor funeral director. I went to school with the son of one, who now runs the family business and they had the money to go to Disney, from the UK, in the late 70s, something the rest of us could only dream about.

Smiley/OCD

Never saw a hearse with a trailer hitch meaning you can’t take it with you…but with the average funeral cost at 10k, I haven’t met any poor funeral directors…

Riviera Rita

Never saw a hearse with a trailer hitch meaning you can’t take it with you…but with the average funeral cost at 10k, I haven’t met any poor funeral directors…
Potoato sack into the furnace, done. If they would let me.
Sadly, my cat passed away on Sunday and his cremation cost me the equivalent of $300, but, he was worth it, but, even animal funerals are silly money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom