Trip Report THE (quick) ONE, resort only

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
This morning Ant and I strolled to the Carriage house. The plan was to meet up with @riverside , who was taking a boat from Riverside, and do a little pregaming. Two things, the Riverside boat does not stop at SSR and the boats were running really late. @wdisney9000 was busing to Riverside in hopes of getting a bus to DS. I told him to hustle and jump on the boat with @riverside , he called me a name and missed the boat. Our boat was just behind @riverside ’s boat and we pulled up at the same time. We headed to Homecomin’ and got a nice table out front. It was too nice a day to be stuck inside! 9000 mobile ordered a beer through me and when he arrived there were hugs and handshakes all around.
EFBEAFF2-7407-4C63-AB49-91B699E93F72.jpeg

I drank a moonshine mash. Yummy!
I was keeping the watermelon theme going.

0DD61580-EA17-4ADD-A774-3770BD5BA02E.jpeg

And a bunch of food. All good.
B1BA98E2-7A38-4CE5-A938-81D71AFC30A1.jpeg

9E3A8CD9-01C4-4429-88C0-237A1EDE2508.jpeg

Like I said it was good but the company was better!!! And riverside gave me some yummy Pittsburgh chocolate🥰

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
After lunch Ant and I hit up the “quiet pool” which was not quiet because the main pool is under construction. There was one lounge chair to be found. One! I sat in it, Ant hopped in the water and talked Dallas Cowboys with a couple of men.

As I sat I scrolled through IG, as one tends to do. I follow this guy, tj_therrian, he does these skits about birth order. Having three boys I can totally relate. I am constantly sharing his posts with my kids because he is so spot on. Anyhow, his latest post was him at WDW and he was sitting by the pool at SSR!!! Not the same pool as me but I recognized the back ground. So funny.

Then I came back to the room, showered, facetimed my favorite kid
9ED99E2F-B4C6-489D-9632-2C974B009AED.jpeg

and I have been sitting on my patio (I really don’t like first floor rooms) drinking a beer and reminding myself of all the reasons I should not tear into the chocolate @riverside gave me.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
This morning Ant and I strolled to the Carriage house. The plan was to meet up with @riverside , who was taking a boat from Riverside, and do a little pregaming. Two things, the Riverside boat does not stop at SSR and the boats were running really late. @wdisney9000 was busing to Riverside in hopes of getting a bus to DS. I told him to hustle and jump on the boat with @riverside , he called me a name and missed the boat. Our boat was just behind @riverside ’s boat and we pulled up at the same time. We headed to Homecomin’ and got a nice table out front. It was too nice a day to be stuck inside! 9000 mobile ordered a beer through me and when he arrived there were hugs and handshakes all around.
View attachment 693513

View attachment 693514

View attachment 693515
View attachment 693516
Like I said it was good but the company was better!!! And riverside gave me some yummy Pittsburgh chocolate🥰
Those eggs are so good!!!

lindawdw

View attachment 693513

View attachment 693514

View attachment 693515
View attachment 693516
I'm finally here!!! I heard through a magician friend that you got to have a meet up and I was so excited for you both! I so wish I was there too!!! I'm in agreement on the needing that extra bathroom in the one-bedroom villas instead of those big closets!!! The whole stress of the Disney trip is real but I still need to walk into the parks and take in the ambiance when we are there although we are really enjoying the resorts a lot more these days with the parks so crowded. So happy you all got to meet up! :)

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Last night we bused to MK
3769943E-7E69-4B9F-8CC6-45D9BCB7C691.jpeg

Then walked to the Contemporary for our dinner reservation at California Grill. A first for us both. As a first I wanted the whole experience, we were about 40 minutes early and I asked if we could sit at the bar for a pre dinner drink. As luck would have it there was room.
638526AA-1DC9-4B0A-AD60-B0DFE5DF3A3A.jpeg

I dont remember the names exactly so feel free to shout them out if you know them.
A blackberry muddled vodka thing for Ant and a blueberry lemon martini for me. Both very good. Very fresh. No bottled sweet n sour mix here.
We chatted with the single diner next to us and with bartender, I want to say Climata? Bartender C has been working at WDW for 45 years. He had some good stories. Single guy next to us worked for a bank and lived in NYC, I tried to get him to hire my son. He explained he doesn’t work in the finance department his job is to give the banks money away. I tried to give him my phone number…
Second drink was a French 75, because our table still wasn't ready and it was after our reservation time.
807D0E89-EA37-4654-BB1F-944DE3D5ED5C.jpeg

Then our table was ready and the hostess told us we had the best table for fireworks viewing in the whole restaurant and recommended we stay seated for them. It was about 8:05 and fireworks were at 8:15.
2EA7F333-4468-499D-B3B5-287569023F26.jpeg

EDDB4D87-6D53-4965-90E0-ECD88624F5DA.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Our server was Ron and he was great. He brought the bread and the sundried tomato olive oil and I could have eaten nothing but that all night because it was so good.
4ADA783A-4378-4F3A-86E4-B4F405D32474.jpeg

Ant’s app was the sushi and I got the pizza with fig jam and duck and blue cheese etc and I could have eaten nothing but that all night because, it was so good.
A4B7DF26-CBBF-4771-9FFE-ED3B44A6E8CF.jpeg

1A03A492-1F43-4FF7-9C3D-66B80BE23CFE.jpeg

Ant had the venison and I had the pork tenderloin which was good but busy. Lots going on on that plate. It was served on goat cheese polenta and I could have eaten nothing but the polenta all night because, it was so good.
4FBDFEB3-074C-441E-886D-30174B0A726D.jpeg

2CE606D2-89C4-4C3F-B2FF-21876C945E7C.jpeg

Some peanut butter banana thing for Ant which was good but needed some crunch. And I got the chocolate torte which was good but I was way too full to appreciate it.
CC54227F-5FD0-467A-852D-A20FB0DB3837.jpeg

4AE7C8CA-BEE8-4DF0-9D62-F678C8BE74CC.jpeg

Then we took the monorail back to MK. At the Poly we had the pleasure of four twenty somethings joining us, one of them with the biggest mouth ever, claiming to have just transferred there from Disneyland and explaining to his friends how there is this thing called a monorail pub crawl and how they demolished the big dome thing at the Poly which had really great authentic food and an awesome fire dancer, to make room for Moana's water adventure.
And my favorite, when he transferred he didnt go into food and beverage because he was already a Chef at three restaraunts in Costa Mesa and the pay wasnt good.
All this between the Polynesian and MK. It was ALOT!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Last night, after checking to see if riverside wanted it, I canceled our breakfast reservation for O’hana. We were so full!
Instead, we ate leftovers for breakfast
3ABD5A0F-3176-48CC-BEC4-AD103F07B91C.jpeg

We walked over to Goofy’s candy kitchen to get some candy for our boys then jumped on the four toward Tampa.
42448364-F2B3-44CA-9BF8-5782DAC03A2F.jpeg

We will be down here a few more days but this is were we part. Thank you for joining in and stay Magical😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom