The Proposals

Suchomimus

Day 26

Pixar Pier is a very interesting land. It has potential, but it feels like a cheap carnival that would come into town every summer.

DLR GIF thread | Page 13 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World  discussion forums

Your task today is to…

Propose a way to fix Pixar Pier

You can redo the whole land, add or remove anything, only change certain things, etc.

Some reminders:
-You can keep it simple! You don’t have to make a full blown 10 page document on the ride. You can do a couple sentences and/or a few pictures. Whatever you feel comfortable with

-Don’t be scared to share your ideas! Every idea is a good idea

-Have fun with it! Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.

Now get to thinkin’!
You can’t fix something that doesn’t exist. That’s why a Pixar retheme would still happen, however not at California Adventure. Toon Studios over at Walt Disney Studios would become La Place de Pixar, divided into 5 main areas; la cour d'Andy (Toy Stories 1 and 2), La Place de Rémy (Ratatouille), Centre-ville de Municiberg (The Incredibles), La grande Barrière de corail (Finding Nemo and Dory), and Centre de Luxe (where shoppes and dining for other franchises without dedicated lands can be found).

J4546

Pixar pier isnt that bad in CA imo, im not a fan of the incredicoaster retheme but overall i still dig it. To fix it,go all in with the pixar theme. where goofy sky school, paradise pizza and the other food places are, switch to pixar stuff. its either pixar pier or paradise pier, not both. retheme paradise pizza/pasta to pizza planet (i hate that tomorrowland is toy story and star wars, put something new in tomorrowland, needs a massive redo anyways) and goofys sky school is generic six flags level stuff, replace it with a modified crushs coaster from Paris. Then lastly retheme Little Mermaid to a Coco ride. I think a huge Coco ride would fit in so well in CA, it takes place in Mexico, and the MexiCali infusion in SoCal is real.

NateD1226

Original Poster
Fire Bob Chapek
Yes, yes, and yes

So, like a lot of folks here, I don't think a simple fix will save Pixar Pier. It fell victim to that weird in-between state that has caught California Adventure, when it started out as trying to be all about California (in this case, it used to be part of Paradise Gardens and was supposed to be akin to boardwalk parks like Santa Monica Pier) but got caught in the gears of park reinvention through just slapping IPs in. A simple fix won't work. You need to start from the ground up. So, let's go back to my Disney's Vacation Adventure idea.

I looked at the lands through the lens of different vacation idea: road trips (Cars Land), wilderness retreats (Grizzly Peak), those sorts of things. Well, the idea of an old-fashioned amusement park is covered well enough by Paradise Gardens Park, so the boardwalk approach just feels like retreading. Well, why not lean into a different vacation idea for this new Pixar-inspired land: a seaside town playing host to a cruise ship?

Pixar Port

161_main_visual_name_3.jpg

Get ready to set sail for fun, as your favorite Pixar characters have pulled into port for a day of play and excitement! This seaside town is playing host to all kinds of delightful adventures, from fun carnival games hosted by the Toy Story crew to a thrilling superhero adventure with the Incredibles. Of course, waiting at the dock is the luxurious S. S. Luxo Jr. , an exploratory play space themed to a luxury cruise ship that's filled with Pixar references from stem to stern!
This is awesome! I really like the whole port concept which makes for a great retheme of a thematically inconsistent land.

Pixar pier is an interesting concept with horrific execution and the land itself has been plagued with issues from day 1. That's why I think a do over with a proper theme is worth visiting, while still bringing the Pixar touch and what's a better setting than the colorful world of Inside Out? The emotional whirlwind will be placed in an indoor area themed to long term memory. Incredicoaster will once again be rethemed to become the train of thought during a hectic trip through Riley's mind. All the carnival games will be demolished and will be replaced by a new interactive experience based on the Dream Productions, where guests must help build new dreams for Riley, think Dreamfinder's School of Drama but higher tech. Jessie's Critter Carosuel will be moved to Toy Story Land and the interactive Pixar ball will be repainted to become a memory orb. Finally, the Pixar Pal Around will be renamed to the Memory Wheel, all the restaurants will be destroyed to make room for a new Inside Out dark ride, and Bing Bong's Sweet Stuff will be given a proper make over with a bronze statue of Bing Bong as a tribute to him rather than a strangely themed store.
Great idea! Inside Out is not my favorite Pixar movie, but you sold me! All the rides are great and i think would make the land very nice.

Yes again

You can’t fix something that doesn’t exist. That’s why a Pixar retheme would still happen, however not at California Adventure. Toon Studios over at Walt Disney Studios would become La Place de Pixar, divided into 5 main areas; la cour d'Andy (Toy Stories 1 and 2), La Place de Rémy (Ratatouille), Centre-ville de Municiberg (The Incredibles), La grande Barrière de corail (Finding Nemo and Dory), and Centre de Luxe (where shoppes and dining for other franchises without dedicated lands can be found).
Awesome! The IP you picked was great.

Pixar pier isnt that bad in CA imo, im not a fan of the incredicoaster retheme but overall i still dig it. To fix it,go all in with the pixar theme. where goofy sky school, paradise pizza and the other food places are, switch to pixar stuff. its either pixar pier or paradise pier, not both. retheme paradise pizza/pasta to pizza planet (i hate that tomorrowland is toy story and star wars, put something new in tomorrowland, needs a massive redo anyways) and goofys sky school is generic six flags level stuff, replace it with a modified crushs coaster from Paris. Then lastly retheme Little Mermaid to a Coco ride. I think a huge Coco ride would fit in so well in CA, it takes place in Mexico, and the MexiCali infusion in SoCal is real.
I love this! Everything you said was great and I really agree with a lot of your opinions. Great work!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Day 27

There are so many types of transportation at the parks. The traditional railroad, the monorail, Minnie Vans, and trams are just a few. I think it's time we add one more.

Walt Disney World Monorail System GIF | Gfycat

Your task today is to...

Propose a new mode of transportation at the Disney Parks.

Some reminders:
-You can keep it simple! You don’t have to make a full blown 10 page document on the ride. You can do a couple sentences and/or a few pictures. Whatever you feel comfortable with

Now get to thinkin’!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Day 26

Pixar Pier is a very interesting land. It has potential, but it feels like a cheap carnival that would come into town every summer.

DLR GIF thread | Page 13 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World  discussion forums

Your task today is to…

Propose a way to fix Pixar Pier

You can redo the whole land, add or remove anything, only change certain things, etc.

Some reminders:

Now get to thinkin’!
I know I'm late but....

Keep it mostly the same concept they went for, just make the theming more subtle. This is a SoCal classic Pier that Pixar characters happen to be visiting. Not whatever half hearted "neighborhoods" they're doing.

More of this:

1608858458314.png

1608858508645.png

Less of this:

1608858404555.png

1608858434719.png

1608858581763.png

I want the Pixar characters visiting our world, not us to be visiting half-assed recreations of their worlds.

Also, Pixar Pal-a-round is the dumbest name ever. Just keep it as the Fun Wheel

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Day 27

There are so many types of transportation at the parks. The traditional railroad, the monorail, Minnie Vans, and trams are just a few. I think it's time we add one more.

Your task today is to...

Some reminders:

Now get to thinkin’!
More busses and dedicated bus lanes like they have near Disney Springs so traffic is never a concern! Self Driving eventually.

spacemt354

Chili's
Day 27

Your task today is to...

Some reminders:

Now get to thinkin’!
Bike paths on the roads with rentals for your vacation. Energy efficient, exercise, pretty much just flat land, and could make money - a win-win-win!

Suchomimus

Day 27

Your task today is to...

Some reminders:

Now get to thinkin’!
For brand new transportation, I was thinking a peoplemover (idea from @D Hulk and @DisneyManOne for their Disney Resorts) or a tramway for short distance locations like Disney Springs and the rest of eastern WDW. Otherwise, more articulate buses and a new fleet of monorails for WDW, as well as an expansion of the monorail system to the Animal Kingdom resort area. I’ve also thought about a railroad; a true WDWRR if you will; around the south of WDW, plus a new Ticket and Transportation Center for that area.

NateD1226

Original Poster
TELEPORTATION

tumblr_ojnfggWzXU1u3wvpro3_400.gifv
Disney has invented the teleporter, has science gone too far?
Doesn't surprise me!

More busses and dedicated bus lanes like they have near Disney Springs so traffic is never a concern! Self Driving eventually.
This would definitely help.

A new monorail at WDW so the doors don't fall off!
Agreed haha

Bike paths on the roads with rentals for your vacation. Energy efficient, exercise, pretty much just flat land, and could make money - a win-win-win!
This is a really good idea! I would use it!

For brand new transportation, I was thinking a peoplemover (idea from @D Hulk and @DisneyManOne for their Disney Resorts) or a tramway for short distance locations like Disney Springs and the rest of eastern WDW. Otherwise, more articulate buses and a new fleet of monorails for WDW, as well as an expansion of the monorail system to the Animal Kingdom resort area. I’ve also thought about a railroad; a true WDWRR if you will; around the south of WDW, plus a new Ticket and Transportation Center for that area.
This is all great and I really think would make a good addition to all the parks

Update on the game!

This game was always meant to be sort of an intermission game between large games (like how this was between 1986 and SAVII). With that being said, The Proposals is shut down for now. Who knows, maybe I will bring it back after SAVII is over. I hope you all had a blast playing a long!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom