The parks needing a face lift...

njchris65

I haven't posted much in a while, but I have to throw in my 2 cents. ;)

Universe of Energy is one of my favorites in Epcot. I have loved Dinosaurs and early earth history since I was a kid. I think the Ellen and Bill Nye are fun! The show is filled with imagination and gives me that feeling of wonder. To me, *THAT* is what Disney is about. (CoP is another perfect example of this)

Changing rides just to fit the most recent film seems tacky and gimmicky. Oh, we put out a new movie.. gotta make a ride with the characters! Since I was a kid, Disney was filled with what I felt were classics and filled with the wonder and spark of imagination.

I fear that putting in the latest movie theme will diminish this feeling.

Jungle cruise.. SO WHAT if they are animatronics... Use your imagination.. have fun.. LET GO. I don't see what there is to be so pessamistic about.

I think Alien Encounter is great! It's unique.. putting Stitch in will be like putting mary poppins inside the haunted mansion!

Updating rides with some newer technology, fixing problems in them and repainting should be done. Maybe some re-theming every so often (but with something IMAGINATIVE!).

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by njchris65
I haven't posted much in a while, but I have to throw in my 2 cents. ;)

Universe of Energy is one of my favorites in Epcot. I have loved Dinosaurs and early earth history since I was a kid. I think the Ellen and Bill Nye are fun! The show is filled with imagination and gives me that feeling of wonder. To me, *THAT* is what Disney is about. (CoP is another perfect example of this)

Changing rides just to fit the most recent film seems tacky and gimmicky. Oh, we put out a new movie.. gotta make a ride with the characters! Since I was a kid, Disney was filled with what I felt were classics and filled with the wonder and spark of imagination.

I fear that putting in the latest movie theme will diminish this feeling.

Jungle cruise.. SO WHAT if they are animatronics... Use your imagination.. have fun.. LET GO. I don't see what there is to be so pessamistic about.

I think Alien Encounter is great! It's unique.. putting Stitch in will be like putting mary poppins inside the haunted mansion!

Updating rides with some newer technology, fixing problems in them and repainting should be done. Maybe some re-theming every so often (but with something IMAGINATIVE!).
:sohappy: :sohappy:

VERY well said!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom