The parks needing a face lift...

orangefan15

Originally posted by Becky
The Lion King show at MK. Hum, performers = money. Replaced by, hum dead air.:cry:

Um, okay...I understand the point you're making with your post, but this one is plain wrong...ever heard of a little thing called Mickey's PhilharMagic (sp?)?

WDWCook

Just my 2 cents:

Things that need a face lift.
1) Future world in epcot: Though it is my fav park it still has an very 1980's feel I expect the brat pack to walk out of Electric umbrella every time I am there.
2) WoL: Body wars needs an MAJOR update!
3) Living seas: Bring back the origonal Long track of the aquamover.
4)Now on to MGM: Startours, needs to update the film and ride engine, the whole podrace idea is decent(though I hated ep1)
5) Ditch Sounds the former Doug show/Drew carry stage and bring in the Indy ride from DL.
6) at MK do something with the 2k lagoon maybe an atlantis ride or even an journy to the center of the earth

ok thats my 2 cents take it for what its worth.

WDW John

Well, I don't like JC and think it should be axed but there are other attractions that I also don't like but don't care if they stay. I just believe that JC is now an irrelevant ride that could be replaced by something far better, that would draw more people to that area of the park and away from other areas, evening out the balance of the crowd.

If *=sarcasm does that mean that in space*mt*ranger the "mt" is sarcastic?

John

Sherm00

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
Another thread was talking about how much some of the parks needed a face lift and it got me thinking.... they really do! Don't get me wrong, I'm the first one to get sad when a favorite ride from my childhood has been closed down, but these new rides that they are doing are fantastic! That makes it hurt a little less!

I thought we could talk about what areas we thought needed some attention....

MGM Studios:
Star Tours just needs to be demolished. I am a Star Wars fan and I just can't stand that ride.
Indiana Jones, again I love the movies, but the stunt show hasn't changed in the slightest since it opened! I'm tired of it and if my fiance didn't drag me every time I wouldn't go!
The Great Movie Ride... I like it, I admit it, but I got excited when I heard they'd be rehabbing it. It does need a little attention.

Epcot:
Universe of Energy...okay, what on EARTH is with the Ellen and Bill Nye addition, its terrible! The WHOLE thing is just a big movie and then they take through the dinosaur part just because, "well its here, might as well use it."
Maelstrom...the boat ride in Norway was never good to begin with.
Spaceship Earth.. I love it, but it is getting a little tired and I could see kids of today really not wanting to go on it.
Imagination... I don't care what they do to it, if it isn't returned to the original, I won't like it.
Wonders of Life pavilion is tired and I really don't spend much time in there except for Cranium Command which I still think is really cute!

Magic Kingdom:
Alien Encounter... I am so glad they're re-doing that ride. It used to scare me to death! I'd come out pale white and freaked out and then hear a little 6 year old kid behind me tell his dad that that was awesome and that he wants to go on it again... AHAH!

Well that's all I can think of for now... please add more to the pot and please feel free to disagree with me! :D

I agree, we all complain about our favorite rides no longer being there, however, look at all the technologies that came out since some of these rides were designed. I think it's time to bring disney world into the the new centery, now I am not talking roller coasters, but imagine what the haunted mansion could feel like with updated effects. or POC with updated effects. I am as sad as the next guy to see attractions go but lets face it disney world isn' a mesuem.

WDW John

WDW John even though I do not agree with you I have to say you have an amazing icon!I <3 HSR.

Hey, thanks! I think Strong Bad doesn't like Jungle Cruise either. :)

Anyway, to each his own, right? I'm sure every one has at least one ride or attraction in all the World they would like to see go.

John

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
We might like to see certain atractions go, but for every one of those rare instances, there are a million people that would love to see it stay. There is no way around it. No matter what you would love to "bring into the 21st century" many people will disagree. Why would you want to kill anything that was Walt's personal creations?? PotC, JC, and HM are somewhat like Walt's babies. Please, don't try to justify destroying what he personally touched through out WDW. :(

Just my two cents... I know I'll get negative feedback for that...

Becky

Originally posted by orangefan15
Um, okay...I understand the point you're making with your post, but this one is plain wrong...ever heard of a little thing called Mickey's PhilharMagic (sp?)?

Ah, you got me:eek: But how much dead air time have we had between the closing of the Lion King and the openning of MPM?

How much dead air time between Motion and TT?

How much between Horizons and MS?

With an area the size of Manhattan what's wrong with adding rather than closing and replacing?:D

Just think if the do add countries to WS but close one for everyone they add.:eek:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by Becky
Ah, you got me:eek: But how much dead air time have we had between the closing of the Lion King and the openning of MPM?

How much dead air time between Motion and TT?

How much between Horizons and MS?

With an area the size of Manhattan what's wrong with adding rather than closing and replacing?:D

Just think if the do add countries to WS but close one for everyone they add.:eek:
Amen gurlee! :sohappy: :lol:

chrono_2345

Whether COP is open or not doesnt make my argument less factual. all i said was that walt disney made the ride and its had renovations since then. i was making a refrence to somone commenting earlier that walt disney made certain rides (jungle cruise, pirates of the carribean) and should not be revamped, i was merely using the carosel of progress to show that it was one of his rides that was revamped and still good:) :wave:

Attachments

• lion logo.jpg
    lion logo.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 104

chrono_2345

ahh whatever you know what i mean cymbal :wave: the ride is seasonal now just isnt getting much revenue lately. which actually brings me back to my first argument, its time for the parks to come up with somthin new, whether its renovating the old rides or just making new ones somthins gotta change at disney.

cymbaldiva

I think that the powers that be just need to let Disney be Disney....

Meaning, keep the parks and rides well maintained, take the time to make imaginative quality new attractions, and please don't make any cost-cutting measures sooo painfully obvious!

kennyj29

Cost Cutting

You know, whether you like it or not, they HAVE TO COST CUT!! Just because it's Disney doesn't mean they aren't feeling the recession along with every other business. If they can only play COP with the crowds then so be it. I go off season but I can understand why they do it. They are still trying to update certain things and even though it may not be what YOU like, they are trying. But if you want Disney to remain, then everyone has to go along with the cost cutting. Let's be realistic here. I would love to see them keep all the old and add new but it's not going to happen. We have to understand that they have many major theme parks that they are trying to keep going with adding new for people to come back and keeping up the old. We have to be patient and hope the economy gets better!!!!

AdLibSean

While its important to realize that Disney is always in a constant state of change (some not for the better), its also important to realize the difference between maintainence and the quality of an attraction. Sometimes an attraction just needs some audio-animatronics or set dressing tweeked- sometimes the attraction needs to be revamped, new technology comes along and the possibilities of an attraction become vast. But I think to want to get rid of an attraction cuz you're bored with it is a bit hasty... I love Snow White's Scary Adventures- I think it's great but the point is different people like different things. Just my two cents...again....

Ash

While I think some rides could use a little rehab, it doesn't mean that they have to be completely changed.

And there's plenty more room for Disney to expand... it's entirely possible to keep the classic rides and create new rides, too.

EchoOfOphelia

Original Poster
WDW BETTER NOT GET RID OFF THOSE RIDES!!!!
Star Tours should be updated with a few "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" details.

Should they also include the bad acting and non-existant/all of a sudden love affair?
God, I hope not.
I am a Star Wars fan NO MORE after that movie. Sorry for getting off the topic :p

cymbaldiva

Re: Cost Cutting

Originally posted by kennyj29
You know, whether you like it or not, they HAVE TO COST CUT!! Just because it's Disney doesn't mean they aren't feeling the recession along with every other business. If they can only play COP with the crowds then so be it. I go off season but I can understand why they do it. They are still trying to update certain things and even though it may not be what YOU like, they are trying. But if you want Disney to remain, then everyone has to go along with the cost cutting. Let's be realistic here. I would love to see them keep all the old and add new but it's not going to happen. We have to understand that they have many major theme parks that they are trying to keep going with adding new for people to come back and keeping up the old. We have to be patient and hope the economy gets better!!!!

However, being that it IS Disney, I would think that the powers that be could cut costs creatively enough that the frequent guest wouldn't notice the changes (as much, anyway)

And FYI, the cutbacks I was speaking of are at the resorts....those have gotten entirely out of hand!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom