The Park Is Too Empty???

DSNYKID

Original Poster
So, have you ever been to one of the parks and it's just plain old empty. Very few people and you can walk right onto every ride?

Was it cool... or was there something not right about it? I just have the feeling that if I was at the park on a regular day and it was empty for the most part, I would be disappointed. Does this make sense? It makes no sense when I read it... but I just feel this way. Almost like if the park was empty, I would get bored or something.

I'll probably never have to deal with an empty park....

Anyone else feel this way? Know what I mean?

CaptainMichael

I get what you're saying. I think we all like a comfortable median crowd level. Not too crowded, yet not too empty. When it's too crowded, it can be miserable and unenjoyable, and an empty park kind of loses atmosphere and magic.

Dwarful

I love that late empty park feeling. Sort of makes you feel like you 'own' the park. Plus its a great time to take photos w/o a million tushes as your background.

Jerm

I have been to the parks when I could count the number of people I saw on two hands for about an hour. It is great!!!! But I have to say there is nothing more fun then going on the speil attractions when it is empty, it feels like they are talking to you.

J

KeithVH

Agreed. I can remember a MVMCP night ~10 years ago when you could have sworn at times you were in the park by yourself. Eerie but fun. It was amazing, especially since (back then) everything was open. A couple of talkative CMs claimed more people thought the Xmas dinner party in the Contemporary was a better deal. Probaby the best time we ever had. Although those times are LONG gone . . .

goofyfan13

I love driving over, and seeing an empty parking lot, and then it's even better when your walking through the park and no one is around you.

I don't mind it either busy or empty, but it's awesome being in the park when it's empty, especially when you get to the unload platform at TT and they ask you if you want to go around again cause there is no one waiting to get on the ride. :D

kennyj29

I remember when we went in December 2001. We did a huge trip that year and Sea World, Universal and Disney were empty. I never had so much fun in my life! It was the best year I ever went down. No crowds anywhere!

PhotoDave219

So, have you ever been to one of the parks and it's just plain old empty. Very few people and you can walk right onto every ride?

Was it cool... or was there something not right about it? I just have the feeling that if I was at the park on a regular day and it was empty for the most part, I would be disappointed. Does this make sense? It makes no sense when I read it... but I just feel this way. Almost like if the park was empty, I would get bored or something.

I'll probably never have to deal with an empty park....

Anyone else feel this way? Know what I mean?

Yes, the morning before Hurricane Charlie.

chaggy102

Back when I was growing up and went to disney the first time in the early 1990's the best time to go was to get out of school and go to Disney the first week of December because the park was all decked out and the place was empty, more time for me and my sister at that age to hang around the characters without being a quick take the picture and be forced away. Also it got to a point where we'd ride Splash Mountain and not get off until we rode it three straight times, being in the park with a lot of people is fun but nothing beats having the park almost to yourself....

KnK

We were at the parks duing the week of September 11, 2001. That same week there had been a tropical storm as well.

The one day we were at Epcot, they told us that only 1,000 people had enter the park so far. Mind you, this was during lunch, when we were the only people in the entire resturant.

Also, that same trip, when we went to Animal Kingdom. We were the only people on the safari ride. No body in any of the cars in front of us, no one in back of us. Also we were the only ones in the car.

That trip gave me a whole new sense of slow at WDW.

disneyrockz

We were at the parks duing the week of September 11, 2001. That same week there had been a tropical storm as well.

The one day we were at Epcot, they told us that only 1,000 people had enter the park so far. Mind you, this was during lunch, when we were the only people in the entire resturant.

Also, that same trip, when we went to Animal Kingdom. We were the only people on the safari ride. No body in any of the cars in front of us, no one in back of us. Also we were the only ones in the car.

I went the week after 9/11 sunset was completely dead. Went to Fantasmic 5 min before it started and sat in mickey.

adventurelander

When we were at Epcot 2 years ago, the park was closing early that day for a private event. When we arrived that morning we noticed that World Showcase opened early (before the usual 11AM) and since we entered Epcot through International Gateway we made a right and walked through World Showcase and there was hardly any people there. I took pictures of all the countries and only in one picture was there another person in the frame. The rest of the pictures looked like we had the whole park to ourselves. It was great.

Matpez

Certain weeks in September last year we walked on Splash and had a log to ourselves.
We rode Kali River Rapids 5 times in a row without getting off.
I rode ToT nonstop besides having to wait in the Library each time.

After that experience, I am always trying to convince others to come in September.

we arrived for our honeymoon on 9/13. it was so incredibly slow. for such unfortunate circumstances, i loved it. cm's were asking us to come to their attractions because they were bored. i know that times like that are bad for business, but to be able to explore the parks with so few people is really cool.
we also like to arrive early in the parks. we always make at least one reservation at crystal palace a few minutes before the MK opens so we can enter the park early and take pictures of the castle and our kid(s) without anyone around.

DisneyMusician2

I never like it to be empty. Disney is an experience best enjoyed with others. I find it especially weird when there are no kids around at all. Something like the HM is great to go on near a kid experiencing it. I like it be in the parks when there is a good balance of crowds to waits.

csaguy

All alone

A few years ago on Halloween night the park was pretty empty. We were the only ones on HM, so we rode twice.
Another trip we were able to just stay on BTMRR for 3 rides before DW had enough.
The times alone make up for the big crowds and waits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom