The Park Is Too Empty???

Dj Corona

Give me the Magic Kingdom late on an MNSSHP anytime. You think an empty park is eerie, add Halloween music and effects! Not that my family's cheap or anything, but to basically have your free run of the park, and be able to hop right on any ride, wether it be Splash Mountain, POTC, HM, or even sometimes Peter Pan or Pooh, and be able to keep riding without having to get off and have to get back in the queue, to us makes the price of the special tickets worth it.

Mikester71

I don't want a park to be overly crowded, but I don't want it to be too empty, either. Unless it's really early in the morning (when I know that it will soon fill up and "come alive") or late at night when I know it's dying down for the day.

But, IMO, an empty park is just kind of depressing. Not that I want it TOO full, with people constantly in my way and hour long waits for the rides. But the people are part of what makes the park feel festive and alive. Walking around and seeing so many other people with their family and friends, having a good time, knowing that there are others from all over the country enjoying the same thing you are. To me, an empty park would be like being the only person in the stadium watching the Super Bowl. How boring would that be? I would imagine very boring.

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments. Of course I have only been twice, both times during our Spring Break in March which is REALLY busy, but I actually didn't mind the crowds. What is funny is that I am not a big crowd person either. But I totally agree with your Super Bowl comparison. It wouldn't seem as magical or special without other families and people from around the world there enjoying it too. I brought a van full of family (mother-in-law, brother, kids, wife) both times because I think a WDW vacation is actually better with more people there to share in the experience (especially loved ones). The more the merrier is my thinking when it comes to Walt Disney World.:sohappy:

Skylinecar1982

I have been there the last 5 sept's and for the most part it has been pretty empty. It does get busier around the weekends but, pretty much everyride is walkon.
We went to AK and the only ride we waited for was Kilimanjaro(sp) Safaris.
We also go to Universal every Sept. And that place is dead. Everytime we go you can just walk on ANY ride. Day or Night. My gf and I went on the Mummy(which is one of the best rides I have ever been on) about 15 times in a row. It took us less then 1 1/2 hours. We went on Hulk 4 times in a row and I would say it didn't take us more then 25mins.

I LOVE it when the Parks are dead. My only problem with it is with my gf and I we run to the front of the line and miss the whole build up to the ride. Mainly I am talking about EE and other rides like it.

WishIwasThere

I love the empty park...I've seen it only during the after hour parties, MNSSHP and MVMCP and most recently the P&P Party. It really shows you how long the walk is from the unloading of SM to the entrance to the load area. At least on Splash they let you just stay in the log without getting out. I was wierd riding Peter Pan five times without getting off, my son's favorite ride.

I don't think it ruins the magic at all...makes you feel that the park is there for you.

animay

No problems here with an empty park. It would just be like the South Park where Cartman bought his own theme park.
i9225_emptypark.gif

"Yes! Yes! I'm so happy!"

Tornado

I went to WDW last Sept, and the place was empty.

Checked in at Gatwick Airport with no wait, had freedom to sit anywhere on the plane, was out of MCO within an hour of landing.

Only time we saw crowds of people was at meal times, due to the Dining Plan being in full swing.

Longest wait we had was 30mins, for Jaws and BttF at Universal, everyhint else there, and at Disney was a walk-on.

Clotho

But, IMO, an empty park is just kind of depressing. Not that I want it TOO full, with people constantly in my way and hour long waits for the rides. But the people are part of what makes the park feel festive and alive. Walking around and seeing so many other people with their family and friends, having a good time, knowing that there are others from all over the country enjoying the same thing you are. To me, an empty park would be like being the only person in the stadium watching the Super Bowl. How boring would that be? I would imagine very boring.

This is my feeling exactly. We went in September, mid-way between two hurricanes, and it was slower than i could have imagined. We did Hoop De Doo, and while it was still a major highlight, having the room only about 1/3 full made it feel...not as festive as it would have full up! Walking through Epcot in the middle of the afternoon and not seeing a soul...in the afternoon! Part of the fun is the festive atmosphere, sharing it with others, people-watching...I don't want it too slow.

bob0012

I haven't seen it really dead in a while, but it has it's perks.

It's nice to be able to walk right on to the rides and such, but the lack of people does take away from the magic. It's nice to have enough people to at least fill up shows half way.

Kman101

Is there a good website out there that lists peak times, slow times, mid-level times of attendance, things like that?

I myself would love to have walk on rides but it would be weird not seeing a lot of people there. It does sound like September is the time to go, which make sense, the start of school for a lot of folks ...

The Mom

Premium Member
It's been a long time since I've gone when the parks are too empty, but I agree, it's strange and a little bit sad.

A long time ago, in an Epcot(EPCOT) far, far away, the whole park would open AT THE SAME TIME every morning.

So, one morning, circa 1986/87 the daughter and I were sitting in the counter service restaurant by the American Pavilion early in the morning. Colonial Mickey came by, and sat down with us as there was no one else around. It was fun...for the first 5 minutes or so, but got uncomfortable as we neared 10. I mean, he doesn't really talk, and we were getting a little tired of signing everything, since we didn't have a large vocabulary.

Now, all you people who stand in line for meet n' greets are not going to believe this, but we finally got up and said we had to be going. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom