The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Yes, it sure looks this way.

I mentioned this as a possibility over a year ago when talk of Star Wars getting an expanded presence and a Cars Land were being pushed for TPFKaTD-MGMS.

Well, now it appears almost a certainty that the park will be fully rebranded and renamed, yet again, within the not too distant future.

I'm hesitant to place this out because these things tend to have lives of their own and go off in many directions. And I haven't had it confirmed.

But I have had a few different folks in vastly different lines of the business tell me that the whole BS DHS moniker will be thrown away when the park changes its focus (let's face it, my Spirited bedroom sees more 'studio' type work than Disney's fourth gate).

So ... say buh-bye to the DHS name. And the entire focus of the park, which right now is more out of focus than the misshapen Roger Rabbit in the window over Hollywood and Vine.

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, it sure looks this way.

I mentioned this as a possibility over a year ago when talk of Star Wars getting an expanded presence and a Cars Land were being pushed for TPFKaTD-MGMS.

Well, now it appears almost a certainty that the park will be fully rebranded and renamed, yet again, within the not too distant future.

I'm hesitant to place this out because these things tend to have lives of their own and go off in many directions. And I haven't had it confirmed.

But I have had a few different folks in vastly different lines of the business tell me that the whole BS DHS moniker will be thrown away when the park changes its focus (let's face it, my Spirited bedroom sees more 'studio' type work than Disney's fourth gate).

So ... say buh-bye to the DHS name. And the entire focus of the park, which right now is more out of focus than the misshapen Roger Rabbit in the window over Hollywood and Vine.

They could just go with TWDC Holdings Park and cover all the bases.

P.S. Third gate, not fourth. It's late, I know ;)

Mike S

Disney's Hollywood Adventure anyone??
I can honestly say I saw this coming awhile ago. I just don't understand why the word Studios was left in the title in when they changed the park's name the first time around, if that's the reason for the name change.
Personally I don't see a problem with the "Studios" name. The only Universal park that's actually a working studio is the one in Hollywood yet all the other parks still have the "Studios" name. Maybe I'm comparing Apples to Oranges here but that's just how I see it. Then again I also couldn't care less about the name if we still get great new rides. Here's hoping Star Wars delivers.

mikeh

@WDW1974 when creating this thread:
phil-wellman-throws-a-grenade-o.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom