The Parent Trap (1998)

disneyparksrock

Original Poster
Am I the only one who loves this movie? I think Lindsay Lohan is adorable in it(she's messed up now), and it's probally one of the most emotional Disney movies I've seen. I love it when Hallie and Annie meet their parents, and then at the end when the dad (Nick) is showing the mom (Elizabeth) his wine and then she finds the wine that they drank at their wedding. I also like when the parents meet at the hotel and the dad falls into the pool. Martin and Chessy provide lots of comedy in this movie. IMO I think this is the second best Disney movie, just trailing the Pirates of the Carribean series. Also IMO it's much better than the Haliey Mills version which I found to be dreadfully boring.

Tigggrl

I have this movie and the original.....I watch the newer version more, and I think its a great story and translated well into a remake. I am also a HUGE Haley Mills fan, But I like her in Pollyanna more!

mouselvrmom

I like the parent trap newer version as well. I think I like it because I loved the older version so much as a kid. It was just on a movie channel the other night and I sat and watched it for awhile. Although, I hoped that my husband wouldn't wake up and catch me- I'm sure he would have teased me. :lol:

mpoppins76

As a huge Hayley Mills fan and having wore our my tape of the original PT when I was young, I still admit that I liked the newer version better. :eek: I actually paid to see it in the theater 3 times! It was so well done, I loved it. It breaks my heart to see what's happening to Lindsey. :(

Belle1984

Both versions of the movie are great but I do have to side with the Hayley Mills version. The original version is great. Speaking of older Disney movies, I absolutely loved Freaky Friday with Jodie Foster! That was a great movie!

Wilt Dasney

I loved the original. I still haven't seen the remake.

But the Hayley Mills version inspired what has to be one of the most random obscure references ever uttered.

After Pres. Bush's state of the union address a few years ago, Chris Matthews was on Hardball talking about Bush's effort to reach out to Democrats during the speech.

At one point, Chris said something like "What's up with Bush trying to play nice with Democrats? He sounds like Hayley Mills, you know, 'Let's get together, yeah yeah yeah.'"

I almost died when I realized what he was talking about. I just couldn't stop laughing. :ROFLOL:

(Maybe you had to be there.) :lookaroun

arielbabe

i adore both i recently just got the original on dvd and have yet to get the remake on dvd as i just recently wore my video out. i remember seeing the remake at the cinema nearly 10 years ago when i was 8 lol time really does fly

macsmom

I like both versions, though I tend to lean towards the older version. I've watched it too long to push it aside! Dennis Quaid is one of my favorites, so I do enjoy the newer version also. I watch both versions whenever they pop on television.

danna

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom