The Ones I Don't Do

graphite1326

Original Poster
We alway have a loose schedule for every park. We have must do list and an if we have time list. However, here are the rides I ALWAYS skip no matter what.

Magic Kingdom
Magic Carpets of Aladdin/Dumbo
Barnstormer
Small World
Mad Tea Party
Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
7DMT
Astro
Tomorrowland Speedway

EPCOT
Mission Space
Journey into Imagination
Frozen

Hollywood Studios
Little Mermaid
Runaway Railway
Alien Swirling Saucers
Slinky Dog Dash

Animal Kingdom
Triceratop Spin

For all you planners I would like to see your list.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

I can agree with most of your choices, BUT in MK, you can’t go there without:
iasw, Pooh and Pan…I would include 7DMT too, but could skip:
TSI
SFR Tree House
Philharmagic
Buzz
Laugh Factory
CBJ

We go on all of these on every trip, but I could understand how someone could skip these…

HWD:
It’s already a half day park, but with SDD and MMRRR, now it’s a really short visit lol, me? I could ship ST, & Indy…

JIMINYCR

Fortunately I don’t avoid much so Im getting my moneys worth on any day any Park.

MK
Mad Tea Party
Barnstormer
Speedway
Prince Charming Carrousel
Dumbo

DHS
Alien Saucer

EP
Frozen
Living with the Land

AK
Tricera Top

But on days when I have extra time and have done all that I want or at the end of extended trips after I’ve done everything I wanted to do I may even do those things that normally were avoided.

Last edited:

KrzyKtty

Magic Kingdom
Magic Carpets of Aladdin/Dumbo
Small World
Mad Tea Party (hit or miss)
Peter Pan (Hit or miss)
Dumbo
Astro
Tomorrowland Speedway
Prince Charming Carousel
Swiss Family Treehouse
Tiki Room (hit or miss due to time)
Country Jamboree
PhilmarMagic (hit or miss)

Epcot
Imagination
Mission Space (makes me sick)
Gran Fiesta (hit or miss)

Hollywood Studios
Alien Swirling Saucers

Animal Kingdom
TriceraTop Spin
Its Tough to be a Bug (Bugs, nuf said)
And we normally skip the Nemo show.

Weather_Lady

MK - Barnstormer, Enchanted Tales w/Belle, Liberty Belle, HoP, Swiss Family Treehouse, Mad Tea Party, Speedway, AstroOrbiter, and sometimes the other spinners.

EPCOT - all films

HS - Alien Swirling Saucers, Tower of Terror, all live shows

AK - Rafiki's thingie/train ride, bird show, walking trails (skipped half the time), FoTLK/Nemo (we do one per trip, skipping the other)

AndyS2992

I do everything whilst there, gotta get that moneys worth. But the rides I would like to skip/don't really care for..

Magic Kingdom
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island
Liberty Square Riverboat
Hall of Presidents
Enchanted Tales with Belle

EPCOT
All Circlevision shows
Mission Space
Gran Fiesta Tour
American Adventure

Hollywood Studios
Muppets 3D
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
MF Smugglers Run
LM's Racing Academy

Animal Kingdom
Na'vi River Journey

Also don't care for character meets other than the obligatory Mickey Mouse photo. Face character interactions are always awkward and cringey and then the fur characters make me anxious as I don't know what they're going to do and when they gesture it's not always obvious what they want, which makes for more awkward situations.

Last edited:

AKL2003

MK:
Magic Carpets (In a terrible spot and Aladdin deserves so much more)
Speedway (as a childless adult i dont feel the need to ever do this again)

Epcot:
Beauty and the Beast sing a long (the WORST “attraction/show” in WDW)

HS:
Beauty and the Beast show (2nd worst…a major show change/ update would do wonders)
Alien Swirling Saucers (one and done)
Racing Academy (haven’t done it yet)

AK:
Triceratops Spin
Nemo Show (loved the OG and i hope this gets changed out with all of the supposed changes coming to this part of AK)

EpScott71

Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway

Epcot
Nothing (like them all........even Mission: Space)

Hollywood Studios
Rock n RollerCoaster
Slinky Dog (hate the queue)

Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids

Also don't do many meet and greets for the same reason AndyS2992 stated above.

Walt Disney1955

Magic Kingdom I would say for sure Mad Tea Party. It is a classic "do it once you've done it 1000 times" type of thing. Tomorrowland Speedway, never do it. If you go to Disneyland and do the Autopia then that is worth it though.

I missed Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride last trip, but to be honest we always do it. Simply because there is too long of a line with Dumbo and never much of one with Aladdin.

dmw

In the Parks
No
The only rides that are on an absolute Won't Do list for me are the ones that make me sick: Tea Cups, Alien Swirling Saucers, Star Tours, Mission Space (I forget the color that is intense).

There are several rides/attractions that are not on my priority list, but I will do them if I just feel nostalgic or if we have grandkids or WDW first timers with us.

The planner in me creates a list of all rides/attractions, checks which ones we want to do based on those attending with me and what gets the most "I want to do this one".

Phonedave

There is not much that I flat out refuse to do, but for the record.

MK: I cannot remember the last time I was on the Speedway, the Carousel, Magic Carpets or the Tea Cups.
The Astro Orbiter is also something that I rarely go on (but I know I did it sometime in the last 8 years or so, which beats out all the others above)
The Barnstormer is something that if we walk by and there is no wait, I will jam my 6'4" frame into it just for kicks

EPCOT: Nothing is really a hard pass. The films are usually far between but I have seen all within the last decade. Now that the Maelstrom is Frozen, I really have no desire to wait in the line.

AK: Cant remember the last time I was on Kali River Rapids. I really don't like Dinosaur. I just rarely find it worth the wait (but I have been on it in maybe the last 5 years or so). Most of the time we blow right past Dinoland, but again, sometime in the last 5 years I have been on the rides in that area.

DHS: I skip most of the stage shows. Everything else is dependent on wait times.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
MK: Astro Orbiter (elevator) and Mad Tea Party (spinning) Not interested in Tron.

EPCOT: Mission Space (claustrophobic and motion sickness) and Guardians (will do, but rarely)

HS: RNRC (inversion might knock me out), Tower of Terror (elevators are a phobia so its literally built around a phobia), Star Tours (motion sickness)

AK: Tough to Be a Bug (won't do it alone and my kids would hate it) Flight of Passage (ride vehicle), and I haven't done Everest by circumstance

Chef Mickey

I do everything whilst there, gotta get that moneys worth. But the rides I would like to skip/don't really care for..

Magic Kingdom
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island
Liberty Square Riverboat
Hall of Presidents
Enchanted Tales with Belle

EPCOT
All Circlevision shows
Mission Space
Gran Fiesta Tour
American Adventure

Hollywood Studios
Muppets 3D
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
MF Smugglers Run
LM's Racing Academy

Animal Kingdom
Na'vi River Journey

Also don't care for character meets other than the obligatory Mickey Mouse photo. Face character interactions are always awkward and cringey and then the fur characters make me anxious as I don't know what they're going to do and when they gesture it's not always obvious what they want, which makes for more awkward situations.
Skipping the American Adventure is a travesty.

StantonZ

This is a very interesting thread. Now that we are locals, I suppose we do have a "skip" list.

MK
Most everything in Fantasyland except 7DMT and Small World
Barnstormer
Tom Sawyer's Island

EPCOT
The "films"

HS
Muppets 3D
Walt Disney Story (again: "films")
Racing Academy

AK
Tough to be a Bug
Kali River Rapids

A parallel to this thread would be: what we do every time we are in a given park...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom