The Ones I Don't Do

WishIWasRetired

The only rides that we will not do are;

Mission: Space
Kali River Rapids

other than that, if a line is short enough and I am standing in front of it I will usually do any attraction.

JIMINYCR

This is a very interesting thread. Now that we are locals, I suppose we do have a "skip" list.
A parallel to this thread would be: what we do every time we are in a given park...
Youd probably get people saying "We do everything except... " and youd get the same list of attractions found here.

RoadiJeff

Any ride that makes me feel nauseous.
For me, that would be TRON and Guardians of the Galaxy. Yes, they are both new and thrilling rides but both of them left me feeling a bit of motion sickness for at least an hour afterwards. I even took Dramamine.

We rode TRON early one morning (I fast fingered us for BG #1) and I couldn't shake the feeling for a few hours after that. We stayed for the MNSSHP that evening and I just happened to check the wait times for various rides at 6:00pm and I noticed the virtual queue for TRON was available again. I didn't select it because I didn't want to feel that way again for the rest of the evening.

Space Mountain comes close to making me feel that way but not enough to not want to ride it. I'm not in my 20s any longer and back then I would love to go on rides like the above over and over.

Touchdown

Rarely ridden:
-Carpets
-Treehouse
-Tom Sawyer
-Riverboat
-Carousel
-Barnstormer
-Speedway (MVMCP only)
-Astro Orbiter
-Turtle Talk
-Awesome Planet
-Pixar Disney Film Festival
-Beauty and the Beast Sing A Long
-Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
-Alien Swirling Saucers
-Millennium Falcon
-Triceratops Spin
-Raffiki Planet Watch
-Walking Trails at AK

Touchdown

I don't know why y'all are hating on Tom Sawyer's Island, it is a great place to hide out from the in-laws.
Because it doesn’t have air conditioning and a place to sit. Midday at MK is great time to do Tiki, Philhar, CBJ, or CoP. I’d also put the Peoplemover in there too (it’s partially indoors and when outside makes its own breeze.)

JIMINYCR

My life is shattered, from the music to the corny intro prairie scene to the actual corn...it's a masterpiece!
We all have our own ideas of what a Masterpiece is.....
As I said, eventually after doing everything else I'll do that one too. It just isnt a must do, priority one for me. If I went home from a trip not doing it, it wouldnt weigh heavy on my mind missing it. ;)

graphite1326

Original Poster
I had surgery back in August. I plan on going to Disney in May of 2024. I wonder if there are any rides that I should avoid.
Do not do Space Moutain. It kills my back and I don't have back problems. Mountain Railroad may be a problem also. There is drops in POTC and Frozen. I don't know if that would bother your back. GotG throws you around a bit also. I can't think of any more right now but maybe others can come up with some.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
For MK... I'm sorry... HM.

I'm sorry, but I do not have a good history with that ride. Me and my middle brother were scared of it as kids, and I was sleep-deprived when I did ride it and it made my mind worse. I love the effects, but I LOATHE everything else. Seriously. My eldest brother who is non-verbal plays music from the ride sometimes, for no reason whatsoever than we don't like it, and it sets off my misophonia and gets me annoyed for the next 5 minutes. I like Mystic Manor better.

Look, the reasons why I like AE and ToT are because a. I didn't have a rocky childhood history with them (other than me being scared of the drop on ToT), and b. AE has Tim Curry voicing a robot... :oops:

And for the record, THIS is why my OCs do not care about HM.

MickeyLuv'r

I have been on every attraction a number of times, but some are more must-do, some are usually-do, and some are more rare. And that is not to say the rarer ones are bad, some of them are just a bit hard to fit into our touring. Like I'll always have a soft spot for CoP, but I only do it sometimes.

rare: Raffiki's PW, Mission:SPACE, Epcot WS films, Treehouse, HoP, CoP, Tom Sawyer, riverboat, Mosters,INC
sometimes: M Falcon, ToT, Astro, Rise of R, both animal trails (tend to do just one per visit to AK), FotLK, Nemo show (AK), Turtle Talk, and a few others.

I do tend to do re-rides on the biggies if the wait is ever short.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom