Trip Report The ONE with the Bowl that was not so Super šŸš½ 2/5-2/9, 2021*COMPLETED*

giphy.gif

HA HA HA!!!
Hello everybody! I returned yesterday from a last minute long weekend to WDW.
How? Who? Why? You ask. Well my Magical friends, here is everything you want to know, and maybe some things, you donā€™t.

It all began a few weeks ago at work when my bff/boss suggested we go to Disney for his birthday. I took him last year and we had a great time. We looked at dates and flights and room rates and hemmed and hawed for a couple days. We decided we would go Presidentā€™s weekend. But my kids would be out of school and they would want to go. Then, texting with @Tuvalu she said ā€œyouā€™re going presidentā€™s weekend!?!?šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³ā€

Ok, she didnā€™t say it like that but that is how I heard it in my mind. I said to my friend, M, ā€œwhat the heck are we thinking? Letā€™s go the weekend before.ā€ His sister/business partner/my other boss gave her blessing (then promptly booked a whole week in Florida for herself at the end of the month) and we started looking at rooms.
Pop was cheap with the AP discount so I booked.

We picked out our flights, then added a day and picked out new flights. Friday came, my day off and two weeks before departure and we had decided on everything. All we had to do was book the flights, which were $69 each way. Then I looked again and the flights were down to $49 each way. I texted M, ā€œBOOK BOOK BOOK! This is not a drill!!!ā€

Then Saturday came and I canceled Pop and booked a studio at Saratoga Springs Resort using my DVC points. Bought Mā€™s park ticket and made park reservations and some ADRā€™s. I also filled out the Magical Express request form and ordered a couple t-shirts.

13 days to go and we were all set.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Joining in!! So sad to hear about your food poisoning incident! Being sick is awful... being sick at Disney is THE WORST!!!

Talk about a room upgrade!! WOW!! Disney magic at its finest!!! :)

LOVE the Florida Gators mask!! That's my favorite college football team!! CHOMP CHOMP!!!
Hi. Thanks for joining.
The room upgrade was amazing. I have never gotten such magic before.
My son and his gators mask. He stole my husbands cowboys masks but still sticks to his gator masks. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 7th cont

Lunch was Pecos Bill.
We saw a cavalcade at itā€™s origin. The stilt walkers are my favorite!
1566039B-4CA6-4BC5-BA9C-4032DA1C62BC.jpeg

679C152C-657B-48E3-A055-1204A19DBAF0.jpeg

562CDA07-75BF-48B6-84D1-70DFA50A6E28.jpeg

M got nachos with nothing on itšŸ˜‚. I got the kids carnitas rice bowl and took Mā€™s lettuce and tomato.
D1ED082A-B517-4635-8521-3C7DA3EBB520.jpeg

X got a carnitas fajitas bowl and his friends got nachos.
813EC323-A872-42BC-B1A7-5D2F6FE0F179.jpeg

Warning, the following picture may be graphic...
5C15E327-598B-400E-A4EC-766E51785E90.jpeg

The boys were starving. This is the best I could do.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 7 cont

After lunch we headed over to Buzz.
I love that ride, my whole family does, but it needs some TLC. More often then not I get a gun that is not working properly.

X got some popcorn because, ā€œitā€™s the best popcorn and I have to have some.ā€ Nevermind we JUST finished lunch! His friends agreed it was the best popcorn they ever had.

We saw another P3 on the way.
2D132BE0-B2AE-4364-BD97-32C0A72401E4.jpeg

5ED7B625-915B-4FA1-8C52-7C5036A21CFF.jpeg

1857CD6F-3FCA-4435-AF2C-29E1CA147A9D.jpeg

32184F7B-DE7E-4C51-859D-12EB3F3CF982.jpeg

BC37B791-5A3C-4133-BD8B-C4B1CB48F317.jpeg

The boys pictures did not show up again.
HMMMM....
B16D7DCA-2EC1-4B59-B47A-B0767A01E47B.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 7 cont

After Buzz we did Space Mountain, the Omega side with a 5 minute wait. Xā€™s friends loved it and wondered what the other track was like. I piped in, with Tuvaluā€™s words in my ears, ā€œ some claim the other side to be superior.ā€ I could tell they wanted to ride again, so we did. The wait was 10 minutes this time.
F050CCD5-1926-40B0-88A5-5B6E2A32A1E8.jpeg

7AB14A20-8F60-4865-A48F-FE170AA8C8BA.jpeg

F5A66CAD-9164-4AA2-A199-6986CFF8B4CA.jpeg

69D31FEF-D9DF-424A-8269-5A088670E51E.jpeg

The boys second picture never showed up. One of the boys was having mask problems all day. I told him I had pack of disposable masks he was welcome to but they were pink. He rather liked that.

Todayā€™s true goal was to drink around the world. But Epcot did not open until 11:00 and like I said, the boys were ā€œ10 year first timersā€ so I really wanted to show them the highlights of MK. But our time was winding down and we had to do Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

I had been watching wait times all day and they had been about 45-60 minutes. After our second SM ride I put the boys on the Speedway (walk on) and I jumped in line for 7DMT.
2477740C-B7BA-40B4-AE85-1C75F7F84922.jpeg

M went to the menā€™s room then joined me in line. The boys joined us well before we got to the proper queue. As a matter of fact, the CM keeper of the queue gate asked us if anyone else would be joining us. I assume it is pretty common seeing how this line is always so long.

One thing worth noting that I had not noticed until this ride, probably because all our waits had been short up until now, but, Disney no longer allows eating or drinking in line. There are announcements and signs (which I thought I took a picture of but can not find) and the CMā€™s enforce it to the best of their ability.
4A4321E2-7382-4231-A947-5E74081E5333.jpeg

5F704505-A01F-4617-AC14-F69DBD14CCAF.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 7 cont

I guess the new mask did the trick because the boys pictures showed up. Yay!

DF0E6D77-41AF-490E-AE5A-9C9356BCC736.jpeg

61506BD0-AD79-441F-85B7-DDF2DFB07E78.jpeg

0542119B-4BA6-4F6E-BFBF-5F5F55F11E6A.jpeg

69C8940E-3BF2-48B0-B618-33C3D66019A5.jpeg

The boys were blown away by the creativity of this ride. I love it. It is one of my favorites! I especially love swaying back and forth to get the cart to swing. Of course my own boys always tell me to stop.
pop tv comedy GIF by Schitt's Creek

It made me smile to see X teaching his friends how to swing the cart back and forthšŸ˜
Kids...they are listening.

Disstevefan1

Sunday February 7, 2021

The previous morning I was awoken by the exorcist in my stomach. This morning I think it was Thor:
View attachment 533142
View attachment 533143
View attachment 533144
I did not care what the radar said or what it looked like outside! I was going to Magic Kingdom and I was bringing the 4 menfolk with me and we were going to have a great time!!!

The night before I told the boys we would catch an eight am bus. X said ā€œthatā€™s it? I told them be prepared to wake really early because you are kinda crazy when it comes to Disney.ā€

Vote...compliment or insult???

I did a load of laundry because the knuckleheads forgot bathing suits and swam in their clothes. Technically two of the knuckleheads forgot bathing suits. The third just didnā€™t put it on.
And while we are on the forgetful topic, two of the boys forgot toothbrushes. And the third forgot toothpaste. College boysšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
View attachment 533145

Then I made breakfast.
View attachment 533146
View attachment 533147

And we headed to the bus stop with our ā€œcoffeeā€šŸ˜‚
(I was teaching them how to really enjoy Disney)
View attachment 533148

Look at that weatheršŸ‘ŽBut we were prepared.
View attachment 533149
Breakfast approved! I like Mimosas even more than bagels šŸ˜€

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 7 cont

We went to the restrooms and started to head out. I had been making the boys drink water all day to pre hydrate for what was to come.

One thing I forgot to mention, after our second Space Mountain ride we were exiting through the gift shop and I made the boys get drinks. They each grabbed a poweraid and I paid using my 30% AP/DVC discount. My point is, and I knew this but forgot, of you purchase your drinks in a store you get the discount. If you get them at a kiosk, no discount. Good tip to remember. šŸ˜€

Some backside of castle farewell photos.
DA8F5573-9F4E-422D-85A4-A2E79A6551B0.jpeg

6D1C7620-3E49-41C5-A2AC-7A2E0DF56F0D.jpeg

We headed down Main Street with the MK band right behind us playing šŸŽ¶hot dog hot dog hot diggity dogšŸŽµ
I have to dance like Goofy when I hear this song!
Then the boys ran into a team mate. So random!
5545E864-D377-41EA-A4EF-D268A50C84CE.jpeg

Pretty soon we were on our way via bus to Epcot. Xā€™s friends were saying X was a FLID. Being his mother I defended him, ā€œno he isnā€™t!ā€
(We have talked about what FLID stands for before. If you need a refresher, google it as I can not say here)

Picture time!
1056BBC2-E9D0-455D-BCE1-9A1E4E15E45B.jpeg

47D096A4-C18C-45AE-AED7-977F87C2C3FC.jpeg

Me: ā€œdo we do Space ship earth or go straight to Canada for a Moosehead?ā€
To my suprise X answered SE. It was a walk on.
7BE93AAA-538A-4996-8173-CFAD97B887DF.jpeg

To my even bigger surprise! After Spaceship Earth, X suggested Soarinā€™. No photo but an interesting CM interaction.
While lining up to go inside the theatre we did not fit in the usual corral due to physical distancing. The had us outside the cage, unable to see PatrickšŸ‘ŽWhich was a bummer for the first timers with me. Anyhow, a CM sees one of the boys Cowboy mask and asks if he is from Dallas. He is. And so was she. They lived very close to one another back in Texas. But here is the interesting part: she had just been recalled off furlough. Disney gave her one week to report and put her in a new role. She was still learning how to be a flight attendant.
giphy.gif

One weeks notice! Yikes! Luckily she had friends to stay with until she could get situated.

Not a surprise, X and co picked Moosehead over LwtL.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 7 cont

We made it to Canada eh!
I put Xā€™s friends in the poutine line with a gift card and X, M and I went to the beer cart for 5 Mooseheads.

This is the pix I usually send to X. This time X sent it to his Canadian friend who was suppose to come but chickened out.
F395C91E-8B39-463F-9169-DD9A84F02222.jpeg

Aaaaah......beer!
I sent this pix to my husband...
5387D32B-63AA-436C-BCB5-9EC52D5ACCB0.jpeg

In return he sent me this picture:
90BDCBDC-5D4D-4EA6-B5FE-5DE442E34023.jpeg

Note to self: donā€™t send any pictures homešŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
A55D8DA2-C0AD-41BA-B320-2E0B05E79836.jpeg

No way in heck I was poutine that in my mouth!!! When it came to fries I was still firmly in the just say no camp.

Next:
242E0EB6-C390-47A0-B4B4-1CC54E85577A.jpeg

I knew M really wanted the raspberry soft serve ice cream. He had been talking about it ever since I gave him the menus a week prior. I have no idea why. It was just ice cream. We all wondered what peanut butter porter would taste like so I also got a flight.
760226AA-4ACA-4D91-8CDC-36766D743CFB.jpeg

FD8E14F8-25F3-43FC-AF4A-1052A5F94BDD.jpeg

It had a peanut butter taste to it. I didnt care for it.
I donā€™t think any of us did. They ro sham boed to see who had to drink it.

Then the princesses graced us with their presence.
F041D92C-BC29-4AD4-A4E4-11DDB9FB962C.jpeg

06084C96-E0BB-4E5E-A967-6F075FCBC826.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

Aaah, French 75! Thatā€˜s the name.
At the beginning of the lock down @bee talked me into making homemade limoncello. The 75 is great if you replace the lemon juice and simple syrup with the limoncello.
BTW, by great I mean strong
I will have to keep that in mind! o_O
They ended up giving me the two bedroom preferred room and I only paid (in points) for a studio non-preferred. And I hadnā€™t even played the food poisoning card!

I purchased one day park hoppers for the boys and thanked everyone a million times.
AAAAAAaaaawwwwwwwwww, that was so awesome that they were able to upgrade you AGAIN, even without callling! :geek:
Would you rather wait in line now, or at Magic Kingdom?ā€

He bought three of these:
SMART! Yes, the resorts always seem to have shorter lines and very sweet of him to buy one for you!:geek:
The night before I told the boys we would catch an eight am bus. X said ā€œthatā€™s it? I told them be prepared to wake really early because you are kinda crazy when it comes to Disney.ā€

Vote...compliment or insult???
IT IS A COMPLIMENT!!!!!!!o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O I am in the same boat as you!
After Buzz we did Space Mountain, the Omega side with a 5 minute wait. Xā€™s friends loved it and wondered what the other track was like. I piped in, with Tuvaluā€™s words in my ears, ā€œ some claim the other side to be superior.ā€ I could tell they wanted to ride again, so we did. The wait was 10 minutes this time.
WOW!!! Space with such a short line! How fun!!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
We all wondered what peanut butter porter would taste like so I also got a flight.
It had a peanut butter taste to it. I didnt care for it.
I donā€™t think any of us did. They ro sham boed to see who had to drink it.
MI has so many good craft breweries but... when they do ā€œgimmickyā€ flavors itā€™s usually not good.

tommcp516

Holy cow! I think I peed a little I laughed so hard! You have a mind like a steel trap!!!
giphy.gif
I thought you might get a laugh from that one--it was a very funny recurring theme from your September TR when R kept setting off the scanner with her epipen--every.single.time. lol

And I almost posted that gif along with my comment, but didn't want to hijack your thread with such a 'vivid' image. Great minds think alike! šŸ˜‰

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I will have to keep that in mind! o_O

AAAAAAaaaawwwwwwwwww, that was so awesome that they were able to upgrade you AGAIN, even without callling! :geek:

SMART! Yes, the resorts always seem to have shorter lines and very sweet of him to buy one for you!:geek:

IT IS A COMPLIMENT!!!!!!!o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O I am in the same boat as you!

WOW!!! Space with such a short line! How fun!!
Space had a short line the entire time we were there. The other day we were at work and M asked me what the wait times were. Space was 60 minutes! M said, ā€œso glad we went when we did and not Presidentā€™s weekend!ā€

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom