Trip Report The One Where We're Finally Mom & Dad!

Hey, Howdy, Hey!

It's been a WHILE since I've been on the boards. I have a nasty habit of starting, but never finishing, trip reports. I promise I will finish this one because it was a one night, 2 day trip!

If you've ever read any of my previous reports (which I won't link here because ~spoiler~ they were never finished) you'll know that my husband & I have been waiting for a little one to bring along to Disney with us.

*trigger warning - kind of*

Our last trip (before this one), was in June 2019. It was supposed to be a fabulous trip, filled with taking pregnancy announcement photos and celebrating. I was even going to actually write AND FINISH a trip report about it! But alas, the Friday before we left I had an appointment with my OB who said that while he wasn't god, he was pretty sure I was having a miscarriage based on my blood work that I had done because my progesterone was extremely low. We left for Disney World on Sunday with the instructions to get blood work done while there on Wednesday to confirm. We debated not going, but we went anyways.

Anyways- I DIDN'T HAVE A MISCARRIAGE. Everything was fine and we now have the sassiest little 14 month old I've ever met. But we also never took pregnancy announcement pictures in Disney because, well you know. And I also never wrote a trip report about it either.

So now, the moment I've been waiting for for the past 4 years, is here! I finally get to write my daughter's first trip report - WOOO! We were originally slated to go when she was 6 months old, but thanks to Rona that didn't happen. In hindsight, no thanks anyways. Then, we had a trip booked for her first birthday in January but we still weren't entirely sold. A month later & my husband and I were fully vaccinated so we went down for a night and here we are!

Who: Me (S), my husband (D), & our 13 month old daughter (R)
130712957_424988518544564_5156701363267774561_n.jpg

Have an Easter bonus picture of the kiddo because she's pretty cute:
DSC_4017.jpg

When: February 21st and 22nd
Where: Bay Lake Tower, Theme Park View Studio
Why: Our daughter's first trip!

Come along for the brief ride - I promise there will be cute baby pictures!

piglet21

Original Poster
I didn’t forget life just got in the way!

Anyways! We got settled into our room and immediately head over to Epcot. The bus situation at the contemporary this afternoon was atrocious but what can you do? After about a 45 minute wait we were on our way!

Upon entering Epcot, I decided to FaceTime my mom. She had gotten the picture of R on the plane and said “is she on a plane?!” so we of course had to FaceTime her in front of Spaceship Earth. The convo went a little something like this:

Mom: “Where’s my granddaughter?! Are you in.... Disney?!” Followed by her just staring speechless and then telling me how crazy we were yada yada yadaaaa.

Overall she was excited but a little bummed that she wasn’t there for R’s first trip. After ending the call, I snapped this picture of R and for some reason it’s one of my favorites ever!
64617D4D-CD28-4255-AA6C-F745E6DF2ABD.jpeg

After trying to wrap our heads around the Epcot construction mess, we decided to head to The Seas before chowing down at Garden Grill for lunch! Aquarium photos up next!

piglet21

Original Poster
After blowing my mom's mind about being in WDW, we tried to navigate our way around the construction near Spaceship Earth to no avail. We eventually gave up and just head towards the Seas and hopped on R's first ride ever! The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Definitely not what I envisioned but who cares!

After saying hi to our good friend Nemo, we hung out in the Living Seas for a bit. R had never been to an aquarium before but she's been to our local animal park so we were pretty sure she'd like it. Safe to say she loved it!

tempImageYTrT75.jpg
tempImageSz9xcP.jpg
tempImagectwhXH.jpg

She probably stayed there and hung out with the dolphin for a good 15 minutes!

lindawdw

Aww sooo adorable! Glad she enjoyed her first attraction so much! I think that was a better one to start with than SE for her age anyway! The construction walls in Epcot are pretty crazy right now and it makes you have to walk a lot more to get to where you need to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom