Trip Report THE ONE WHERE THE FRIENDS GO TO DISNEY; ALMOST LIVE IN APRIL.

Day one sort of/ April 1

Why “almost live”? To give myself the loophole if I can not handle it

Truth be told, I am sitting in the airport now. It’s 5:30 and I have a 6:10 am flight to FLL. If you have “traveled” with me before you know I multi task when I am down in Florida. My son has a lacrosse game tonight. I will head up to Disney tomorrow.

Who is going on this trip? My friend K and I. We met when our oldest were in the same first grade class. We were the class moms and became fast friends. (So did the boys) She divorced some years later and moved to the north shore. (I am on the south shore). We do not see each other as often as we want but we see each other when we can.
She had a birthday in December and asked if I wanted to go to the city for the weekend. Lets see...NYC in December? NO THANK YOU! I countered with Florida in April. We took our youngest to WDW last April and had a great time

See Dre’s happy face in the back? Told you we had a great time!!!

She is a ton of fun! We will be taking it easy and enjoying the resort more than normal. She is not a huge ride/parks person but will do it for me and for the adventure.

Ok. Time to board. B8. Not too bad.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The last word. In my last report I commented about the cleanliness of the parks. As in, not very. I am happy to report the parks were back to their clean self. Except.....we hit the ladies room on the way out of DS as we were leaving for good. End of the trip. Gone.

It was this one. Closest to the Orange garage. Someones first impression, or in our case, last. You know when someone says “it looks like a bomb went off”? This was the very definition. Paper and trash everywhere. Cans overflowing. TP rolls empty. Bad bad bad!!!

I said to K “I am going to tell this CM”. I was referring to the CM who stands at the bottom of the Orange garage escalator greeting guests and handing out maps.
K: “dont complain!”
Me: “I am not complaining. I want her to let someone know so it can be fixed. That could be someone's first or last impression.”
K: “stop, leave her alone.”
Me: “I am a stock holder.”
K: “oh, ok.”

Last photo of DS:

As if you could get me to drink Florida water!!!

Those of you following my (looks for tuvula) chronicles , know I have been on the quest for a superior cinnamon roll. I finally found it!

They were at MCO all along!!

I woke at 3:30 this morning. Left the house at 4:02 and began the drive south. We are in Georgia now. No WDW this trip but we are having Easter Brunch at Disneys Vero Beach Resort. I will post some pix here if anyone is curious about the food/property.
Peace out good people.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
AS IF
we are driving along 95.
Me: where do you want to stay tonight?
Ant: i thought you made a reservation.
Me: no, you wouldn't let me. (I wanted to book at wdw, gotta stay somewhere)
Maybe we should stay closer to my dad and finish the drive in the morning. Or we could stay near jacksonville.
Ant: I thought you wanted to go to disney.
Me: WHAT!!!

I booked something 2 miles away and some FP’s for the morning at MK.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Those of you following my (looks for tuvula) chronicles , know I have been on the quest for a superior cinnamon roll. I finally found it!

OMG! I haven't had one of those in years (just as well . . . ). There used to be a Cinnabon not far from work, but it's been gone now for a long time. Literally, I would go in there and buy one, AND I'd buy one of those little tubs of EXTRA frosting!!! :hungry: :hilarious: :hungry: :hilarious:

Disstevefan1

The last word. In my last report I commented about the cleanliness of the parks. As in, not very. I am happy to report the parks were back to their clean self. Except.....we hit the ladies room on the way out of DS as we were leaving for good. End of the trip. Gone.
View attachment 365874
It was this one. Closest to the Orange garage. Someones first impression, or in our case, last. You know when someone says “it looks like a bomb went off”? This was the very definition. Paper and trash everywhere. Cans overflowing. TP rolls empty. Bad bad bad!!!

I said to K “I am going to tell this CM”. I was referring to the CM who stands at the bottom of the Orange garage escalator greeting guests and handing out maps.
K: “dont complain!”
Me: “I am not complaining. I want her to let someone know so it can be fixed. That could be someone's first or last impression.”
K: “stop, leave her alone.”
Me: “I am a stock holder.”
K: “oh, ok.”

Last photo of DS:

As if you could get me to drink Florida water!!!
View attachment 365875

View attachment 365876

View attachment 365877
They were at MCO all along!!

I woke at 3:30 this morning. Left the house at 4:02 and began the drive south. We are in Georgia now. No WDW this trip but we are having Easter Brunch at Disneys Vero Beach Resort. I will post some pix here if anyone is curious about the food/property.
Peace out good people.

Mmmm Cinnabon!! Not a bagel, but I approve 😉

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
OMG! I haven't had one of those in years (just as well . . . ). There used to be a Cinnabon not far from work, but it's been gone now for a long time. Literally, I would go in there and buy one, AND I'd buy one of those little tubs of EXTRA frosting!!! :hungry: :hilarious: :hungry: :hilarious:
I want one now! As I sit here at Contempo Cafe contemplating my cupcake options. (Say that 3 times fast!)

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I wasnt going to report on today but then something newsworthy happened. So here is the quick version of today.

We stayed offsite and funny coincidence, it was the same hotel I stayed in last April with K and our youngest boys. I did not realize it when I booked it.

Woke up about 6:30 and we all showered. Then we headed down to the breakfast buffet and had these❤️

They were the same size, taste and texture of the wdw version.

We headed out about 7:30 for an 8:00 opening. Extra magic hours were at 7:00 but that did not apply to us.
Driving to the MK. Not sure when we ever did that.

I remember reading in one of those old guide books that in the morning the guns are preloaded and the first round is free. They were free and we had fun!!!

First was Big Thunder. Then Pirates.

Then we had a FP for Peter Pan. I haven't done Peter Pan since the kids were little. But last night as I was searching for FP’s it popped up for 8:40-9:40am. Ok.

Next we had a jungle cruise FP. Then People Mover and our last FP for Buzz. We got some chix nuggets to go from cosmic rays. There was a dance party parade thing going on as we left forcing us to walk on the side walk. Thank goodness. We saw a sign outside the jewlery store for a Dumbo Pandora charm. Ant and I both saw it and made a beeline for the sign. “Do you want it?” “Yes please.” When we went into the store they had two styles to chose from. One was an in park exclusive and Dumbo had his trunk up!!! Trunk up! (My MIL always collected elephants with their trunks up because they are good luck. I can not pass up a trunk up elephant!!!)

So happy. And it is so cute!!!

Selfie on the way out.

We headed to the Contemporary. Our December driver was there! She got the gifts I left her last month and shared with her fellow CM’s. The boys did the Sea Raycers....again!!! Funny thing is, I always had them in sailing lessons and they complained, but these boats have become an obsession!!!

We were on the road about 1:20. Heading to Boca. Trying to outrun the storm!!!

What a nice last minute 1/2 day! And I am in ❤️ with my new charm!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Geesh boys... SMILE!

Glad you got a bonus day today!
Am I mistaken or did you get a half smile out of AJ?
Going to MK is such a horrible experience I guess. When I told them I was coming back next month with their older brother....well, they didnt take that well. Live it up boys, we are here now!!!!
Kids. No sense of “the good ole days”. These are them!!! Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom