The One Sentence Competition Retrospectives: Seasons 1-8

AceAstro

If you're interested, share a Disney Meme to sign up!
1701016218760.png

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I am super excited for the response so far! I got some good stuff planned and I think we're gonna have a lot of fun!

Like I said, in the lead up to the game I'm gonna do a retrospective on each past season. Showcase how the game has grown and changed over the years! Plus, share my favorite prompt from these seasons as a sort of discussion question if anyone wants it. Once we're done all the retrospectives, the game will start!

1SC Retrospective
Season 1

79hYPT7.png

Hosted by: @Turtle
Started on: July 4th, 2013
Won by: @unkadug

This is where it all began! Over a FULL DECADE ago!

Basically, games were getting more and more complex. Which can be a great thing, but can also lead to some burn out and make the forum less accessible to newcomers. So, @Turtle decided to do the opposite of the trend and make something about as simple as possible.

Simple was the name of the game.

Prompts were only one sentence long.

Reviews were only one sentence long.

Ironically, the projects were 2 sentences long. Even at the very start of the game the title "One Sentence Competition" was a misnomer! We wouldn't get a season where the 1SC was actually based around only one sentence for a few more years lol

The game was capped at only 6 players, but the small crew was passionate and invested till the end of a long game that included 20 challenges and playoffs after that. The only still semi-active participant in this first season was @englanddg. While the original host and many players don't come around often, the game still lives on!

On a sadder note, the original winner, @unkadug, has actually passed away. He wasn't someone I knew well (he passed not long after I joined), but he made a big impact on this forum and on many people here. The memorial thread for him was pinned on the imagineering forum for a long time and an award for the best One Sentence project of the year was named after him in the Imagineering Year End Awards.

The game has grown so much since the first season, but the spirit of a simple and accessible competition has stayed the same since the very beginning. A tradition I intend to continue as we head into the future!

Check out the 1st Season here!

As a Discussion Question for today, let's look at one of my favorite prompt from Season 1!

"CHALLENGE 7 - DHS gets an interactive park game (like Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom, Ducktales World Showcase Adventure, or Wilderness Explorers). What should the theme be?"

Disney Warrior

CHALLENGE 7 - DHS gets an interactive park game (like Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom, Ducktales World Showcase Adventure, or Wilderness Explorers). What should the theme be?"
I remember doing something like this for a 1SC back in 2021, I did a SEA themed game but I can do better than that; how about a Pixar themed game involving searching for Pixar balls while you are trying to help Pixar characters?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I remember doing something like this for a 1SC back in 2021, I did a SEA themed game but I can do better than that; how about a Pixar themed game involving searching for Pixar balls while you are trying to help Pixar characters?
That sounds like a lot of fun! Reminds me of the scavenger hunts they do for festivals at Epcot which I always make a point to do because they are great lol

Maybe something Muppets-related?
Can never have too much Muppets. I was working at a movie theater when the Muppets Most Wanted came out and was in charge of doing little games to promote new movies. So, I "detective notepads" for kids and hid "Muppet Capers" around the lobby. They were little bits of Muppet trivia and then they could write their answers on the notepads to enter a raffle. It was great! I could see a similar simple "mystery" game working here. Find the clues scattered around the studio or something and log them in the Play Disney app to solve some sort of Muppet Movie Caper

Mind if I join
Welcome! Everyone is invited here! The actual game doesn't start until later, but we're doing daily retrospectives and for fun questions from past games until it does!

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Well I have an idea, maybe a park game where you have to find hidden mickeys around the park. To make this fair new hidden Mickeys will be placed around the park. To avoid cheating a cast member will be placed at every hidden Mickey so no one can take pictures of it, of course not giving it away.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well I have an idea, maybe a park game where you have to find hidden mickeys around the park. To make this fair new hidden Mickeys will be placed around the park. To avoid cheating a cast member will be placed at every hidden Mickey so no one can take pictures of it, of course not giving it away.
Love it! Scavenger hunts are great and between the hub of Studios being one giant hidden mickey and the centerpiece of the park housing a Mickey ride, it really is the perfect spot to implement a Hidden Mickey Hunt like this!

Yahoo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom