Oldest son-X
Middle son and bday boy-AJ
And the youngest son-Dre

November 26-December 1
At.....wait for it...
All Star Sports!

Collective gasp
ā€œBut Darstarr, youā€™re DVC.ā€
Yes I am DVC and we (I) have made good use out of it this year. However, when I went to book this trip there was nothing available. Nothing!!! OK, nothing in my point range. My boys are big and they hate sharing beds and someone always ends up on the floor. One time my youngest slept on the dining table banquet rather than share the pullout with his brother. Itā€™s vacation, no one should have to sleep on the floor. We didnā€™t have enough points left for a two bedroom so I began looking around for a room. I found a room at Riverside that slept 5 for about $250/night. We have done the 5 in a room thing there when the kids were smaller and it was cramped. I was not looking forward to that. Then passholder discounts came out and I got two rooms (TWO) at the original A.S.S. for less than the one room at Riverside. 4 beds and 2 bathrooms!!! SOLD!!!

Lets get to it!

Day one- November 26th
The day started like every other school day except it was AJā€™s 16th birthday so he opened presents before leaving for school.
E93EEC51-E3F0-4A27-AB86-2DD0B0A84E68.jpeg

ā€œMom will you pack my new shirt?ā€
61CE1F41-ADDE-4E75-BD29-54267375475E.jpeg

I was suppose to work this day but I had worked the previous Friday, which is usually my day off, so my boss told me to take the day off. Yay! More time to clean the house.

The five of us were flying down on jet blue from JFK. Four of us were returning to ISP on Southwest. Ant took the dog to his fatherā€™s then took his car to ISP so it would be there when we landed on the 2nd. (we have a free resident parking sticker).

We debated taking the train to JFK but it was way cheaper to hire a car. The kids got gome from school about 2:15, ā€œthe car is here!ā€
What???
The car wasn't suppose to come until 3:00. Ant was like ā€œlets goā€. I was like ā€œdont rush me because if you rush me and I forget something you will be sorry besides he is 45 minutes early so he can waitā€. And yes, I said it just like that, as one long run on sentencešŸ˜€.
We left at 2:30. I didnt forget a thing.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Great report as always @Darstarr

I hope lacrosse goes well for X

not sure if you know...

View attachment 442426

Max
Lots of your country men make their way down to the states to play. X has a couple Canadians on the team. They think they are the smartest Canadians, chosing to earn their degrees in sunny south Florida. As I am cold challenged I tend to agreeā„ļøšŸ¤«šŸ˜‰

lindawdw

Love watching the fish in the aquarium at Epcot which seems like the perfect way to end a WDW trip! I love following along with your WDW adventures and look forward to your next one! Hope to see you in the parks one of these days. :)

Piglet_the_brave

Finally finished your report and thoroughly enjoyed it. Grand marnier slushies, yum. It really sounds like you have so much fun with your family, even if the boys are infuriating sometimes. Itā€™s no easier with girls (I have 4)

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Love watching the fish in the aquarium at Epcot which seems like the perfect way to end a WDW trip! I love following along with your WDW adventures and look forward to your next one! Hope to see you in the parks one of these days. :)
I love aquariums. There is a really nice one nearby that I used to take the kids to all the time. They eventually got bored with it. I don't see how, they are ever changing thanks to their live inhabitants.

OMG! Brilliant!
And so delicious. Three cheers for @DisneyGigi for this recipe!!!

Friends Rachel Green GIF - Friends RachelGreen Over GIFs

.... until the next report! ;)
Does this mean we are officially on a break???šŸ˜‰
So much fun(as always)!!!! As usual, I'm excited for the next one!!:)
I am excited for yours and the popcorn chronicles!!!

Finally finished your report and thoroughly enjoyed it. Grand marnier slushies, yum. It really sounds like you have so much fun with your family, even if the boys are infuriating sometimes. Itā€™s no easier with girls (I have 4)
Us boy moms have a saying: ā€œthe only thing harder than three boys is three girlsā€šŸ˜‚
I could not do it. You get a medal for sure. šŸ…and a bronze staršŸŽ–and a loving cup that can also be used for winešŸ†

Great report @Darstarr and even some good pics ( from time to time ). Seriously, lots of fun to read - thanks for sharing!
I aim to please.
I am getting new glasses next week so some of the pictures from my next trip might even be in focusšŸ¤“
Thanks for reading @fractal !

Thanksgiving cont

I forgot to mention, before we crossed the first bridge, they had us take off our name tags and put them in a velcro secured pocket on our vest. Unless you had your phone in your pocket, which sadly, I did not. If you had a phone then Alexa collected your name tag and put them in her secured bag. This is for the safety of the animals below.

Next we crossed the rope bridge over the crocodiles. They were massive and awesome!
View attachment 436752

View attachment 436753

View attachment 436754

View attachment 436755

View attachment 436756

View attachment 436757

Some of the crocs were missing feet or parts of their tails. It amazes me that this many top if the food chain predators can coexist with relative peace.
View attachment 436758

This one is missing his ā€œhandā€.
View attachment 436759

View attachment 436760

View attachment 436761
Crocodiles have to be one of my favorite animals. All the credit goes to the late Steve Irwin for that. I feel so humbled by these dinosaurs!
We stayed here for awhile asking questions and watching the crocs. They don't move much but I could have stayed longer.

On a side note. I had trouble asking our guide, Alexa, questions....
ā€œAlexa, how old do the crocodiles live?ā€
ā€œAlexa, is one more dominant then the others?ā€
ā€œHey Alexa....ā€
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Poor girl. She must get that a lot
We took the Africa Trek four (OMG 4!) years ago and one (of many) of my favorite parts was crossing that rope bridge over the crocs. Yeah - they are huge. (Our daughter , Alexa (same age as AJ) gets that a lot.)šŸ˜€

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We took the Africa Trek four (OMG 4!) years ago and one (of many) of my favorite parts was crossing that rope bridge over the crocs. Yeah - they are huge. (Our daughter , Alexa (same age as AJ) gets that a lot.)šŸ˜€
Poor Alexas of the world...šŸ˜ž

MeeskaMooska0714

Sorry for all the likes! I just binge read your report now that work has slowed down for a minute. As the mom of two young boys (and a big husband), I feel for you and your food bill - I know it's only going to get worse. Plus, my husband is Italian as well, and I feel like that doesn't help! :arghh:

Great report as always!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Iā€™m late finishing reading this, but caught up now! Enjoyed following along- I hope you do a live one for the next trip!
Thanks for reading. Next one is coming up fast and It probably wont be live because I am with a friend who hasn't been in 15 years or so and will need all my attention.
The one after, however, I will be mostly alone. If I do a live TR then I am not really alone. Right??? Because I am with all of you wonderful Magicians. I think you talked me into itšŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sorry for all the likes! I just binge read your report now that work has slowed down for a minute. As the mom of two young boys (and a big husband), I feel for you and your food bill - I know it's only going to get worse. Plus, my husband is Italian as well, and I feel like that doesn't help! :arghh:

Great report as always!!
Ha ha
I was also having a slow work day. Combined with an uocoming trip so I was on here and MDE all day. I saw you binge reading and I thought, ā€œoh no, the flušŸ˜žšŸ¤®ā€.
Glad to hear you were just slacking off (like meā˜ŗļø)

Ariel1986

Thanks for reading. Next one is coming up fast and It probably wont be live because I am with a friend who hasn't been in 15 years or so and will need all my attention.
The one after, however, I will be mostly alone. If I do a live TR then I am not really alone. Right??? Because I am with all of you wonderful Magicians. I think you talked me into itšŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

Have fun on both trips- and yay for the live one! And exactly, it will no longer be a solo trip šŸ˜

tenor.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom