Trip Report THE ONE...(February 2020)*COMPLETE*

Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages and fellow Magicians, as you can see, I am having a little trouble with the title of this trip report. It could be “THE ONE FOR MY BEST FRIEND’S BIRTHDAY”, or “THE ONE WHERE I LEFT MY BRAIN AT HOME.” Or there is, “THE ONE WHERE I GOT A GLIMPSE OF A DISNEY LEGEND”. There is also, “THE ONE WHERE WE JOINED THE RESISTANCE”.
I think I will begin title less and let all you good people have a say when it is over.

We always begin with the why.
A small bit of background first:
M and I have been friend’s since college (a looong time😎). M’s family has a small family business. When my kids were little my job got to be too much (70-100 hours a week) so I left. When my youngest started Kindergarten M’s family asked me if I would come work for them part time. It is not what I went to school for but it offered me flexibility for the kids, and besides, how do you say no to family?
So some of you may have figured it out, M is not only my friend, but my boss as well.

M is a great friend! No really! Die hard Met fan who will go with me to see the Dodgers when they are in town and actually root (🎶root root🎶) for the Dodgers.
21B50DAE-E983-4578-8D31-4A8BAD4D8EA8.jpeg

M had a birthday coming up. M’s sister and two grown nieces are big Disney fans and we are always talking about what is new with the parks, food and the shopping😍. Poor M, always left out. So I asked if he wanted to go for his Birthday. “YES”, was his answer BTW. (Plus, my oldest son, X had a lacrosse game in Jacksonville so we got to see that as well.)
M hadn't been to WDW in 20 years! So we got the time off from HR (M’s sister🤣) and I started planning.
I will say, taking a newbie (after a 20 year absence you revert to newbie status-this is the way) to WDW is fun! I got to see everything through his eyes, like it was the first time. Plus, if I made a miscalculation or left something out—he had no way of knowing!!!🤣🤣 M’s only request: “can we ride the teacups?” (and he asked X to score 5 goals for him as a birthday gift-stay tuned for that)
“Of course we can!” My family will never ride the teacups with me so I haven't been on them in at least 10 years. This was off to a promising start!!!

carriehpotter

I have met and performed with Anthony Daniels! One of my coolest jobs EVER was singing in the choir for Star Wars in Concert. It was basically a concert of all the music from Star Wars while scenes from the movies play on a screen behind the orchestra and choir, and he was the narrator. Anthony (and it’s pronounced Antony, btw) came to greet us in our dressing room and gave us character notes. Our conductor took me and a few of the other singers to meet him in his dressing room and he signed our sheet music. 😵
That is sooooooo incredible! I'm happy to hear that he's as nice as he looks!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Monday February 10 cont

We headed for the monorail. I could tell M was, as he puts it, having a hard time finding his north.

Here it comes.
1B2C5765-57B5-4912-86F1-0E85FE034D83.jpeg

Getting closer.
1A4BD688-64E1-4209-BB89-A0A1812AA5B9.jpeg

And closer.
7289ECE0-4C31-404C-BDA6-84291FBB4C33.jpeg

Ta da! (That’s a term Magicians use😉)
BBCE7EB7-FA93-4E84-BA3F-30151F4E507A.jpeg

We were headed to MK then we were going to walk to BLT. Buuuuuttttttt.....when in wdw I do what I do. What did I do? I made a FP for Peter Pan. I opened MDE just to look and there it was. M decided he could be sick at home (btw, I will get to that later). That he was in Disney World and he wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom!
First stop!
The restroom😞
While I was waiting for M near my new favoritest bathroom near the Plaza this woman (the blonde) did a couple takes of a video post. She was going into the dessert party. I don't follow any bloggers but I know many of you do. Is she anyone you know???
47891B55-9C98-4D3B-A75F-8D75863D4281.jpeg

Then we were off to Neverland. In line I broke out the glow stick bracelets so M and I could keep an eye on each other. I had 4 left and the family in front of us had 4 daughters. Here ya go ladies. They were delighted.

10490A46-5054-422C-8395-08678B100216.jpeg

A5FFB435-E09F-4581-BA09-6F68625B1B2F.jpeg

I explained to M how the line for this ride is always crazy so I rarely ride it. But it has the nostalgia factor and this was some bonus MK time so why not?
After we tapped in I got a FP for The Art of the 💩 (no, not chocolate soft swirl @kja1269 ).
Artie pooh.
Winnie the Pooh for those of you just joining us.
Me: “remember what I just said about Peter Pan and it being bonus and all that?”
M: “Yeah?”
Me: “Remember that for Winnie the Pooh.”

33B0FBE7-19C2-4851-8213-63F14FED13F9.jpeg

1E6932D9-BC6A-4C26-8CB2-A2C2B7179D67.jpeg

Our co-worker has two new grandchildren under 6 months old. She asked us to get her a couple classic Poohs. What better place than the Winnie the Pooh gift shop??

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Monday February 10 cont

Poohs purchased we decided to leave. M was struggling and I really wanted him to rest. Besides, I figured I could watch HEA from the top of the world lounge.

But first I insisted on some castle pix which we had neglected on the way in.
E3689242-93B5-4368-8133-5A064C168E10.jpeg

64B2487F-589B-4079-A430-DDA98AF3CD05.jpeg

D55F1AFA-0487-4F74-8D77-C1028E0351DB.jpeg

Then we went into the Emporium looking for the backpack M’s niece requested. We were told It wasn't released yet😞.

We got back to BLT and I told M to head on up, I was going to watch fireworks from TotWL. Being the trooper he is he insisted on going with me-after finding a restroom😂

We got upstairs and I found two short ladies I could stand behind and see perfectly.
94D3EFAE-B54F-419E-AA95-617416BD1206.jpeg

30 seconds later and....
B3E814EC-D061-4450-8B1F-68694E6545BB.jpeg

3CECD906-A846-47D8-9EB3-3C4B0340AB51.jpeg

After the fireworks, I sent M to the room and I went to see my main girl, Ginnie from Brooklyn, at the desk to pay my bill.
Then I decided to head to The Contemporary to poke around a bit and give M some alone time.
While passing the community hall out walked a couple characters in front of me.
I was texting my kids about their homework (I forgot to mention, I had face timed them when we got to MK so I was sending the follow up threats🤣)
So these two odd fellows are walking in front of me with a very normal looking CM lady and I say, “wow, you just don't who you will run into around these parts.” The CM found that amusing and asked if I wanted to take a photo with the fellas.
“Yes please!”
C69B3B0A-B86D-4B08-8B88-6CF3BC031737.jpeg

M had insisted I text him when I get to the Contemporary-such a trooper.
He met me there and we looked in the shops a bit. He saw a polo he liked but wouldn't spend the $$ on it. If I can find it on my next visit I will get it for him. We also searched for that dang backpack for his niece, without luck. Again.
We were both a little hungry so went to Contempo Cafe.

So cute!
D01A50D4-0E2E-41A3-A7A0-9FF2A129196B.jpeg

Ultimately we got some food to take back with us and had a nice late dinner in the room.

1D3208F1-851A-46A9-A8C7-A484B65E7B17.jpeg

BeautyBelle

Monday February 10 cont

We headed for the monorail. I could tell M was, as he puts it, having a hard time finding his north.

Here it comes.
View attachment 453427
Getting closer.
View attachment 453428
And closer.
View attachment 453429

Ta da! (That’s a term Magicians use😉)
View attachment 453430

We were headed to MK then we were going to walk to BLT. Buuuuuttttttt.....when in wdw I do what I do. What did I do? I made a FP for Peter Pan. I opened MDE just to look and there it was. M decided he could be sick at home (btw, I will get to that later). That he was in Disney World and he wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom!
First stop!
The restroom😞
While I was waiting for M near my new favoritest bathroom near the Plaza this woman (the blonde) did a couple takes of a video post. She was going into the dessert party. I don't follow any bloggers but I know many of you do. Is she anyone you know???
View attachment 453431

Then we were off to Neverland. In line I broke out the glow stick bracelets so M and I could keep an eye on each other. I had 4 left and the family in front of us had 4 daughters. Here ya go ladies. They were delighted.

View attachment 453432

View attachment 453433
I explained to M how the line for this ride is always crazy so I rarely ride it. But it has the nostalgia factor and this was some bonus MK time so why not?
After we tapped in I got a FP for The Art of the 💩 (no, not chocolate soft swirl @kja1269 ).
Artie pooh.
Winnie the Pooh for those of you just joining us.
Me: “remember what I just said about Peter Pan and it being bonus and all that?”
M: “Yeah?”
Me: “Remember that for Winnie the Pooh.”

View attachment 453434

View attachment 453435

Our co-worker has two new grandchildren under 6 months old. She asked us to get her a couple classic Poohs. What better place than the Winnie the Pooh gift shop??
She looks similar to Molly at AllEars.Net. Maybe?

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Tuesday February 11, 2020

It’s M’s birthday!🎈🎂🎇

We were leaving later today but we had all morning reserved for Magic Kingdom! Yay!

We woke, got ready and packed up. Then we had birthday toast.
ED7DA52E-DD6E-4C3F-877A-D1FCACD54D43.jpeg

Oops. I meant we had a birthday toast. 🍻
(It was after 8:00am)
Breakfast of Magicians...
276C158B-A43D-48FF-9C7C-51BF0EF56B88.jpeg

Looked a little foggy out this morning.
FBAE0A9B-37BF-4171-8293-749D8D66E957.jpeg

We brought our bags to bell services then walked to MK.
44003F0D-B9DA-420D-B173-0F0C9E4E696A.jpeg

We headed toward adventure land and lined up with the crowd.
2C6E1C54-B5CC-40DA-ACD0-F56EBBD0FE34.jpeg

🌴❤️
A985A39C-5848-4593-A77D-E66C04399FDC.jpeg

The CM’s did a controlled walk back to Big Thunder. It was funny when she said, “we operate the ride, do not go in front of us. Without us the ride will not work.”
Who do you think assigned us our row?😉
A80CD165-6C07-4B3E-B77F-7B48886A24F5.jpeg

No on ride photo schmoto:

E6A53B23-9552-4BEE-BD57-4D0F79907E28.jpeg

7BAC4B20-ED04-4B66-AEE9-691010B968DC.jpeg

6E501D50-5C46-444D-9317-C0D66D1A6267.jpeg

I took our own on ride photos😀

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Tuesday February 11th cont

Next up?
Bathroom break!!!
We had #shirleystatus in the Pirates bathroom.
M had #shirleystatus walking to the bathroom too!

8C0AAC66-EC68-4AFD-B40F-8D60340B1F97.jpeg

3C53CBDA-D2D1-4013-9A34-96BDB321A937.jpeg

299B8F9A-C3F6-4E8B-A0D8-4F25DB707742.jpeg

F0E75F81-7C70-4925-99F9-41B35C98C0F1.jpeg

51625DC3-B1DB-4FDD-ADBB-84EAEEC16EB3.jpeg

Then M had to make a phone call😂
6F9D4B62-608F-4BDB-BC43-1077F756BD96.jpeg

Just kidding. But he was still having work problems and was trying to get in touch with a sales rep who had messed up a big order. I will just go ahead and rip the band aid off. He finally did reach the sales rep on the phone a little later in the day. She said her boss wanted to see her and she would call him back. She never did call M back. It ended up her boss wanted to see her to let her go. I know a lot of you have been having work problems, hopefully they are not as bad as this woman’s!

Then it was Yo Ho Yo Ho time.
F0DD4756-7663-46AC-BC3F-AE1C70D38DAC.jpeg

635CA920-FDAB-4213-B69B-473715A2018E.jpeg

Can you see us? In the back there? No?

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
This is most important.
One does not Artie Pooh in the evening. Or any other time of day EXCEPT the morning.
Artie Pooh was Em’s misunderstanding of R D Pooh.....as in ROPE DROP POOH.
I think Artie Pooh has evolved, Tu. It’s bigger than Em. It’s bigger than you or me, or any of us!
giphy.gif

We need to embrace it. It looks like Pooh already has.
giphy.gif

😀😉😂

Disstevefan1

Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages and fellow Magicians, as you can see, I am having a little trouble with the title of this trip report. It could be “THE ONE FOR MY BEST FRIEND’S BIRTHDAY”, or “THE ONE WHERE I LEFT MY BRAIN AT HOME.” Or there is, “THE ONE WHERE I GOT A GLIMPSE OF A DISNEY LEGEND”. There is also, “THE ONE WHERE WE JOINED THE RESISTANCE”.
I think I will begin title less and let all you good people have a say when it is over.

We always begin with the why.
A small bit of background first:
M and I have been friend’s since college (a looong time😎). M’s family has a small family business. When my kids were little my job got to be too much (70-100 hours a week) so I left. When my youngest started Kindergarten M’s family asked me if I would come work for them part time. It is not what I went to school for but it offered me flexibility for the kids, and besides, how do you say no to family?
So some of you may have figured it out, M is not only my friend, but my boss as well.

M is a great friend! No really! Die hard Met fan who will go with me to see the Dodgers when they are in town and actually root (🎶root root🎶) for the Dodgers.
View attachment 448580

M had a birthday coming up. M’s sister and two grown nieces are big Disney fans and we are always talking about what is new with the parks, food and the shopping😍. Poor M, always left out. So I asked if he wanted to go for his Birthday. “YES”, was his answer BTW. (Plus, my oldest son, X had a lacrosse game in Jacksonville so we got to see that as well.)
M hadn't been to WDW in 20 years! So we got the time off from HR (M’s sister🤣) and I started planning.
I will say, taking a newbie (after a 20 year absence you revert to newbie status-this is the way) to WDW is fun! I got to see everything through his eyes, like it was the first time. Plus, if I made a miscalculation or left something out—he had no way of knowing!!!🤣🤣 M’s only request: “can we ride the teacups?” (and he asked X to score 5 goals for him as a birthday gift-stay tuned for that)
“Of course we can!” My family will never ride the teacups with me so I haven't been on them in at least 10 years. This was off to a promising start!!!

At first I was happy to think you were also a Met fan as I was born and raised a Met fan. But then you said you root for the Dodgers, but then I thought you may had been raised in a family who may had been Brooklyn Dodgers fans, and you just kept rooting for them which is (sort of) ok. In my family, when that dark day occurred when the Dodgers moved out of Brooklyn, my grandfather eventually switched to the Mets and therefore I was raised a Met fan.

Anyway, looking forward to another great trip report! Yay! Gotta go, I got a bagel in the toaster, I wanna get it before it burns...

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
At first I was happy to think you were also a Met fan as I was born and raised a Met fan. But then you said you root for the Dodgers, but then I thought you may had been raised in a family who may had been Brooklyn Dodgers fans, and you just kept rooting for them which is (sort of) ok. In my family, when that dark day occurred when the Dodgers moved out of Brooklyn, my grandfather eventually switched to the Mets and therefore I was raised a Met fan.

Anyway, looking forward to another great trip report! Yay! Gotta go, I got a bagel in the toaster, I wanna get it before it burns...
giphy.gif

Home sweet home
C0C0C0A3-FFC3-41DF-9978-007CADF88DD0.jpeg

As for bagels...
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom