Trip Report THE ONE...(February 2020)*COMPLETE*

Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages and fellow Magicians, as you can see, I am having a little trouble with the title of this trip report. It could be “THE ONE FOR MY BEST FRIEND’S BIRTHDAY”, or “THE ONE WHERE I LEFT MY BRAIN AT HOME.” Or there is, “THE ONE WHERE I GOT A GLIMPSE OF A DISNEY LEGEND”. There is also, “THE ONE WHERE WE JOINED THE RESISTANCE”.
I think I will begin title less and let all you good people have a say when it is over.

We always begin with the why.
A small bit of background first:
M and I have been friend’s since college (a looong time😎). M’s family has a small family business. When my kids were little my job got to be too much (70-100 hours a week) so I left. When my youngest started Kindergarten M’s family asked me if I would come work for them part time. It is not what I went to school for but it offered me flexibility for the kids, and besides, how do you say no to family?
So some of you may have figured it out, M is not only my friend, but my boss as well.

M is a great friend! No really! Die hard Met fan who will go with me to see the Dodgers when they are in town and actually root (🎶root root🎶) for the Dodgers.
21B50DAE-E983-4578-8D31-4A8BAD4D8EA8.jpeg

M had a birthday coming up. M’s sister and two grown nieces are big Disney fans and we are always talking about what is new with the parks, food and the shopping😍. Poor M, always left out. So I asked if he wanted to go for his Birthday. “YES”, was his answer BTW. (Plus, my oldest son, X had a lacrosse game in Jacksonville so we got to see that as well.)
M hadn't been to WDW in 20 years! So we got the time off from HR (M’s sister🤣) and I started planning.
I will say, taking a newbie (after a 20 year absence you revert to newbie status-this is the way) to WDW is fun! I got to see everything through his eyes, like it was the first time. Plus, if I made a miscalculation or left something out—he had no way of knowing!!!🤣🤣 M’s only request: “can we ride the teacups?” (and he asked X to score 5 goals for him as a birthday gift-stay tuned for that)
“Of course we can!” My family will never ride the teacups with me so I haven't been on them in at least 10 years. This was off to a promising start!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 9th cont

We had just left Star Tours and I got the notification to ride Rise of the Resistance with a two hour return time.
We had a FP for RnR we were going to go use first but I was just too darn excited so we went to get on line to join the Resistance. I will keep this spoiler free, I know I avoided spoilers as best as I could so I will respect the Rise🤣
The only photo I will share is the one of all the CM’s lined up to welcome us into the queue.
0F267D7C-6EA7-453E-B8B2-88D02760D975.jpeg

I told them they looked a little intimidating but I think I was just nervous. That look back was taken at 9:15. I wish I had timed how long the actual experience was, without the wait time but I did not.
This was the time when we exited.
F7641BD2-E1DB-45E3-B920-83F9ECF0C8DB.png

As for the time inbetween those pictures...
Woweee!!!
Amazing!
I see why it breaks down a lot. There is a lot going on.
I was speaking to some fellow dvcers at a Superbowl party and one of them was planning on not experiencing RotR because she is prone to motion sickness. I texted her the other day and told her she should be ok.

I go again next month, twice. I have been reading so much on how to score a BG but for my next trip I am going to purposely try for a late BG. That will be nerve racking!!! I will keep you all in the loop.

M and I were very happy. I was floating on air. As far as I could tell there weren’t any major breakdowns or missing elements. Success. Boy I needed a drink. But it was 9:54 and our FP window for RnR opened at 9:55.
FD37D1BF-8FE1-405F-BAEB-610A5A3F7178.jpeg

This guy was in front of us in line. He won best shirt of the trip. I usually do a best shirt of the day but I knew nothing would beat this!
B3DC8C01-9CA1-44DC-BB0D-242113251EB4.jpeg

(It’s Chewy)

Of course we had to do matching shirts. M requested it!
1B58995B-BEFB-47C3-A3BD-2ABE0C0BB941.jpeg

I was not too sure if he would/could do this. About 10 years ago M had a brain aneurism. He should be dead but luck was on his side. The woman he was working with had just finished a CPR class and started immediately when he collapsed. A police cruiser was just outside and was able to assist. An ambulance made it there lickity split and he was stable enough they took him to the “good” hospital where the neurosurgeon did an experimental surgery on M that saved his life. Anyone out there read medical journals? You have probably read about M’s brain. He has a stent in his brain so I wasnt sure how he would do on roller coasters.
85970BC6-D3AE-4DC5-926B-F50F70B4558F.jpeg

He looks terrified, because he was, but he was all good!👍

Next we used one of our bonus FP’s on the Tower of Terror.
CBDF6153-6A06-4DD1-8551-3136113D1EBF.jpeg

460B52D9-BDA6-4689-A421-9D1B3EDCE6B8.jpeg

5F93CBA7-6A48-4BE7-9613-E1A18132E90B.jpeg

Loved it as usual!

Now, about that drink...

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 9 cont

So where does one go for a drink at 11:00 am when in HWS?
Lets hear it @ajrwdwgirl
BASELINE!!!
They usually open at 11:00 so perfect timing. Except it was open already and packed! All tables outside were occupied. If you have never been they have tables with 8 stools, 4 on each side. One table had two parties of two with empty seats in the middle. I asked if we could sit in two of the empty spots and we were told yes. I sat M down, “save me a seat!”, and went in to order.
Decisions decisions
87D8A10E-BA27-4B17-BB20-422BFDD8602B.jpeg

Who am I fooling? M does not drink much, because of the meds he needs to take for his brain, so I got my usual sampler and an extra small cup on the side for him. Also, a pretzel because they are so yummy and we were a little hungry.
3F78D2B2-C974-4CC2-A91F-F0BA76CEEADD.jpeg

It did not surprise me one bit that M was really chatting with the people next to him when I returned. They were a nice young couple with a 4 year old who came to WDW with two weeks notice! Why???
They were niner fans❤️ and came to Florida for the superbowl then decided to stay for a week. They hadn't quite figured out the whole FP thing so I gave them some tips. We chatted while we drank. They were from San Francisco proper but had just recently moved out of the city. One day he was walking, pushing his daughter in her stroller and he stepped on a needle that penetrated his Chucky T’s but luckily missed his foot. They moved to the suburbs immediately!!!💉😲

Next...do you have to ask??
E1D7FA65-11ED-4D07-B59C-89B1BC4D3D66.jpeg

We had time to kill. This is when our Star Tours FP was but we agreed we didn't need to do it again so I switched it for the muppets. Ha ha!
44D857A4-B55D-4DD9-8723-87E548ECB091.jpeg

915BFA29-DFE1-4939-B880-A386D12F4A17.jpeg

62AC16E0-E74A-4457-92AE-654365023EF9.jpeg

It was a nice rest.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sunday February 9 cont

So where does one go for a drink at 11:00 am when in HWS?
Lets hear it @ajrwdwgirl
BASELINE!!!
They usually open at 11:00 so perfect timing. Except it was open already and packed! All tables outside were occupied. If you have never been they have tables with 8 stools, 4 on each side. One table had two parties of two with empty seats in the middle. I asked if we could sit in two of the empty spots and we were told yes. I sat M down, “save me a seat!”, and went in to order.
Decisions decisions
View attachment 450035
Who am I fooling? M does not drink much, because of the meds he needs to take for his brain, so I got my usual sampler and an extra small cup on the side for him. Also, a pretzel because they are so yummy and we were a little hungry.
View attachment 450036
It did not surprise me one bit that M was really chatting with the people next to him when I returned. They were a nice young couple with a 4 year old who came to WDW with two weeks notice! Why???
They were niner fans❤ and came to Florida for the superbowl then decided to stay for a week. They hadn't quite figured out the whole FP thing so I gave them some tips. We chatted while we drank. They were from San Francisco proper but had just recently moved out of the city. One day he was walking, pushing his daughter in her stroller and he stepped on a needle that penetrated his Chucky T’s but luckily missed his foot. They moved to the suburbs immediately!!!💉😲

Next...do you have to ask??
View attachment 450037

We had time to kill. This is when our Star Tours FP was but we agreed we didn't need to do it again so I switched it for the muppets. Ha ha!
View attachment 450038

View attachment 450039

View attachment 450040
It was a nice rest.

Baseline Taphouse!!! Yay! I'll be visiting there soon!

Ariel1986

I was not too sure if he would/could do this. About 10 years ago M had a brain aneurism. He should be dead but luck was on his side. The woman he was working with had just finished a CPR class and started immediately when he collapsed. A police cruiser was just outside and was able to assist. An ambulance made it there lickity split and he was stable enough they took him to the “good” hospital where the neurosurgeon did an experimental surgery on M that saved his life. Anyone out there read medical journals? You have probably read about M’s brain. He has a stent in his brain so I wasnt sure how he would do on roller coasters.

Wow what a lucky guy (apart from the actual aneurism of course...)! One of those moments it feels like someone was really looking over him!

lindawdw

I was so excited reading about your adventure for ROTR but after your story about M and his brain aneurism, putting him on RNRC really had me on the edge of my seat!!! I actually don't do that ride anymore because the loops make me feel pretty lousy afterwards. I'm so glad that he did well on all of the attractions at DHS. That was an interesting story about the young couple from San Fran too. Sad what's happened to that city. :(

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Baseline Taphouse!!! Yay! I'll be visiting there soon!
And YAY! I can not wait to hear all about it🍻🥨
Wow what a lucky guy (apart from the actual aneurism of course...)! One of those moments it feels like someone was really looking over him!
It really was the perfect storm, in a good way. He just says it wasn't his time.

Way late, but finally here! (Was gone for a week visiting my son and daughter-in-law, so I have a good excuse 😊). You hair is so cute! Yay on the BG success! Loving your report as usual, so much fun!
So glad you are here! And with compliments!?!
giphy.gif

But you’re forgiven❤️😂

giphy.gif

Glad to have you part of the bunch🤣

I was so excited reading about your adventure for ROTR but after your story about M and his brain aneurism, putting him on RNRC really had me on the edge of my seat!!! I actually don't do that ride anymore because the loops make me feel pretty lousy afterwards. I'm so glad that he did well on all of the attractions at DHS. That was an interesting story about the young couple from San Fran too. Sad what's happened to that city. :(
I forget about his brain sometimes...as you will see....

Not to be a broken record but.. LOVE THE HAIR

giphy.gif

Also.. So nice to have a boss who is a great friend! :)
The whole family treats me like I am one of them, except when they shut down the business between Christmas and New Year to go to Aruba. I dont get an invite, I get to watch their dog🤷‍♀️
Thanks for the hair compliment. When I first came home my boys said I looked like the lady from the incredibles. “Oh! Mrs Incredible?”
“No, the other one.”
giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 9th cont

Muppets managed we had an ADR for Oga’s next. We began to walk that way when I got an odd feeling. Like we were being followed but M and I were chatting and yammering on totally oblivious to the walking carpet right on our tail. We turned and jumped at the sight. Then we moved to the right as Chewy’s handler was asking us, politely, to get out the way!
I wish wish wish I had my phone out to capture what happened next.
We moved right and I was along side a woman pushing a stroller. The bassinet type, similar to this:
2871F6DF-67A8-4F84-8A30-7269D5723ECD.jpeg

But facing the other way so we could not see inside.

As Chewy pssed us

D70A75D6-FC5C-4250-9FE3-D43CAF7B6EC2.jpeg

A little dog, no more than three pounds awoke in the stroller and started growling at Chewy. He was not happy and was letting Chewy know it. I wanted to snap a picture so badly but the woman did not look too friendly. In this picture Chewy is looking in the direction of the tough little beast.

We continued on to Oga’s where we were stood pretty quickly with a group of 4 youngens and two women closer to our age. M is not a huge Star Wars fan but he did get into the Mandalorian so I thought he might get a kick out of Oga’s. To me it completes the Galaxies Edge experience.
4CFA1AB1-FCB2-4F85-9C3C-C807E4F67680.jpeg

9ABADAFD-B1B7-4051-9182-D3ADA5AF483A.jpeg

He had no idea what to get. He has a very limited palate but he likes orange juice so I steered him toward the Fuzzy Tauntaun😂. I had tried one on my last visit and for those of you who dont know
the fuzz is numbing😂

I had the Jedi Mind Trick. I have had them before and like it because it is not too sweet.
71531C2B-6934-4C94-A467-0C2F3CF9A6EB.jpeg

(I also ended up drinking half of M’s Fuzzy Tauntaun)
The Jedi Mind Trick used to come in a glass shaped like a martini with a thick stem. I asked our server what was up and she said they all broke and Oga was looking for a replacement. She and I agreed that a wine glass did not a good replacement make. It was hard to drink because I kept getting an upper lip full of ice.

We looked around a bit.
24ADCCED-CC34-48BD-A343-DE8A5455043C.jpeg

98467B6F-D041-4B04-9243-CAE51B2A8B7D.jpeg

This is my third time here and each time I have been stood at a table next to the table I was a previously but going deeper into Oga’s. Does that make sense? This time our table was near the kitchen and close to the bar. The bartenders were having a blast and taking us all with them. The couple behind me, standing at the bar, were absolutely wasted. She could barely stand😮
AECDBEF4-8A96-4B6A-91B3-6C9B91B5ED66.jpeg

I asked our server for the check. I told her we had an appointment with Indiana Jones. “Who?”
“I am sorry. You probably know him better as Han Solo.”
She said she had no idea who that was and went to get the check.
When she came back I said, “ you don't know who Han Solo is? His ship, the Millenium Falcon is right outside.”
“Oga doesn't let us out much”, was her response.
Weak!
7C1F7548-3A48-4135-98AF-E4BBBFBB8C0B.jpeg

In the planning phase M said he wanted to see Indiana Jones. He had seen it 20 years ago and liked it. But now he asked me if it had changed since he last saw it.
No. No it has not.
He said he could skip it so instead we went to see Frozen sing along. He enjoyed it and sang with everyone else in the theatre.

Any day now!!!
4953D924-C764-4DAD-881B-2547D3890117.jpeg

And with that we headed out.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 9th continued

AKA: seriously! Where is my brain???

We had a late lunch ADR at Beaches n Cream. The menu is right up M’s alley. We took the boat and arrived a few minutes late. The hostess asked us if we wanted to sit at the counter. I thought she meant because nothing else was available so I said ok. I mean, who really wants to sit at the counter? (Unless you’re solo). We took a seat on the patio and waited.
And waited.
And waited
We were only 3 minutes late and this excessive wait was, well, excessive. I went up, twice, to inquire as to how long. Each time I was given the “soon. Wont be long” answer.
Face it, we were hungry! By now it was almost 3:00.
Finally, after 30 minutes our name was called. We entered and I counted 4 empty tables! But they were leading us to the counter. What?!?
Oh hell no!!!
I complained! Kinda loudly too as I was hangry and so over this nonsense!
I said, “there are four empty tables why are you putting is the counter? We want a table.”
She said she would check. They gave us a table and probably blamed me because I told the hostess I wanted the counter but I thought that meant they could seat us immediately at the counter. Not a 30 minute wait for the counter. Who wants to wait 30 minutes for a counter seat??? I am getting annoyed all over again!

Comfy at last. Channeling Elsa
(Letting it go😉)
AE022187-D579-4611-BD6B-888D762F9041.jpeg

93D73095-09F1-4B3C-BC9F-DE8CFCFE421C.jpeg

7A6D48D0-D529-46C9-8980-3044B5903CB0.jpeg

F9D3DCE7-4345-4DF7-9AB3-1E2686D5C76D.jpeg

31D0381D-D35A-4D40-ADF5-EA01DF89B038.jpeg

New menu but not that different. The place is bigger but has the same feel to it. I picked this place because I knew M would love the shakes.
FAA24D38-EFD5-4810-89AB-0CFA8C61E3B7.jpeg

And he did!!!
Food? Food?
We got some. We ate it. We were ravenous so no pix. I got the chicken sandwich and M got a grilled cheese with bacon. Very good except for the soggy fries.
I was too full for ice cream, probably because I inhaled my sandwich.

I asked our server for the check and took out my DVC card and ID and handed it to her.
She returned with the bill portfolio thingy. I opened it and there was only one copy. Whatever. I added the tip, signed it and took a picture of it for my records.

M and I got up and were almost out the door when our server came chasing after us. “Mr M wait! I have a birthday cupcake for you!”
So nice! We said thanks and left. I went to the ladies room and when I came out M decided he had to go too. He also said he didn't want the cupcake and I could eat it. Ok.
It was so pretty
AF38E2F5-4EB9-4CAC-89E9-1BD00C9642FB.jpeg

But kinda blah. I had a bite. Not worth the calories. We were in our way to Epcot!!!

First stop
91E3FC73-AC8B-47C3-8C7B-D4EC422E950B.jpeg

Then I suggested we go see the new Canada show, Canada far and wide.

Ummmmm
Who out there has seen it?
The photography...cinematography(?) is breath taking. That is one beautiful country! The narrators left a lot to be desired! I dont know who they were but the dialogue was so condescending (we do have the metric system you know).
M and I have dubbed it Canadon’t!!!

Last edited:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 9 cont

Oh there is my brain...

Canada pix
55E6548C-7B8C-4FA9-A40D-359ABAFFCAE8.jpeg

48970EF9-5884-4F31-8440-EDFAF950F2F7.jpeg

After Canadon’t I checked my phone. Missed call from a Disney number. Voice message too. Hmmmm. Let me have a looksy and a listen.
😮 and 😳 and 🤗

We had to get a mug for M’s sisters friend. This one:
258A529B-AF8A-4DF9-93DD-CD05517A77BD.jpeg

I decided to return the phone call. It was the manager of Beaches n Cream.
“Hi”, he began, “I think we may have lost your credit card.” The entire check transaction replayed in my brain. OMG! I never paid. We dined and ditched at Beaches n Cream!!!😧
I jumped in immediately to apologize. When I handed her my DVC card my brain thought it was my credit card. When she returned with one “receipt” it wasnt a receipt at all. It was the bill!!! My head was still trying to get a boarding group apparently. M didnt catch it either. And neither did our server who chased after is to give M the cupcake.
It was totally my fault, I told the manager I was at Epcot and I would come right back. He said we could do it over the phone if I was comfortable with that. I was. We did.
I felt like such an idiot!!! And the manager was apologizing to me which cracks me up as it was totally and completely my fault.

I did, however, take the opportunity to give our server high praise and complain about the counter mishap. I suggested the hostess ask, “table, counter or first available?” to be more clear in the future.

MickeyCB

giphy.gif

They will fight over anything.
If it makes you feel any better, my daughter Aleisha is 13 years older than my son Seth. I thought with that age difference, no problem. I was very wrong.
I was driving them both home one day. At the time he's between 2-3 yrs old still in a car seat. She's approaching 16. They're seriously fighting in the back seat. I tell my daughter, what the (heck) not really, is wrong with you?! He's 2 years old!
I pull the car over, and move his car seat to the other side of the car. I pull back onto the road and he says "mom, esha's lookin at me"!:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom