Trip Report The ONE© that was ONE (day.)April 2021 *Complete

Hello friends and lurkers.

For those who don’t know me, and as a refresher for those who do, hi. I am Darstarr. A California native now living on Long Island and p*ssed off about it😂

My last trip was for my birthday in March but I did not do a proper TR for that. If I had, it would have been called The ONE where I find all the glitches. Or The ONE where I change my name to Venelope. Yeah, I like that one.
There are some random photos and drunken @wdisney9000 posts from the March trip in my February TR. If you haven't read that one I suggest you skip to the end. That’s when it really gets good😂🍻🥂🍹🍾

So why am I going for one day? Well, because I want to? I can? I need new flatware?
All of the above.

Again, some of you know, my oldest son goes to school and plays lacrosse in southern Florida. His season usually starts in February. But it didnt. By my birthday trip in March they were getting ready to start but his conference would not allow spectators.
Tom Cruise What GIF

I know. Makes no sense right? An outdoor sport in Florida!!! We were allowed to go to our other two boys football games here in New York. Up is down, down is up.

Wednesday I am driving home from work and my husband calls me:
“Did you check your email?”
“Dude” (yes I say dude, Californian remember?) “I am driving”.
Him: “They are allowing two spectators per player starting Saturday.”
Me: “Book flights I am on my way home!!!”
My husband, now known as Tone thanks to 9000 and his lovely wife, C, is staying on Florida for work. (And he will go to Wednesdays game as long as he is still around😉).

When I was shopping in HWS on my last day back in March I found some really cute flatware with Mickey’s on them. I wanted to buy a set or three but did not think I could get them home in my carry on. Remember my friend R, the shopper? (From my Poly trip in Sept with the shower that spit 🔥) R found me a set at a Disney store here on the Island. Said store checked all other LI stores and there are no more to be had. So I suggested to Tone that we drive up to WDW and I can get two more sets. And while we are there we will hit up Epcot. Then, I can leave from MCO. Easy peasy.

We booked our flights after dinner on Wednesday. Then I looked at DVC availability. Tone suggested OKW so I booked it.
I could not sleep all night. I had buyers remorse. I did not want to stay at OKW. OKW is a lovely resort but it is not a one night kinda place. I wanted Boardwalk and I had seen a one BR when I was searching. We didn’t need a one BR but that was ok. In the morning I checked DVC and it was gone.
Luke Skywalker Reaction GIF

But there was a one BR at Beach Club so I booked that!
Yay!!!

(Disclaimer: I checked to make sure there was park pass availability before booking a room.)

I will try and report live. Since it is only a one day trip to WDW I won’t drag it out😂

If anything peculiar or funny or interesting or delicious happens before we get to wdw I will share because I am good like that😎

Lastly, there are going to be quite a few Magicians around wdw this weekend. If you see me please please please say hello!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hmmm, poor Tuvalu's trip home wasn't smooth either. Disney doesn't want you celebs to leave! Hope Loco Driver doesn't join the club with travel issues. Hope you get home soon!
Thanks. I made it. Luckily I was flying into our local airport which is 15 minutes from home and totally hassel free vs JFK or Laguardia.
Well at least the $100 covered part of your airport dinner. (Airport prices make Disney prices seem reasonable)
My $14 dollar airport dinner! (In NY it probably would have been $19)
Great news about X!
Thank you.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ugh, that's so not fun. But better on the way home than on the way to Disney, right? We don't really have a choice but to have a connection from overseas. Sometimes more than one. We had a REALLY bad experience the first time we took the kids to Disney. Our flight home was delayed 7 hours, so of course we missed our connection, they broke one of our suitcases and they lost one of the kids' car seats, and instead of replacing our connecting flight with another flight, they put us on a bus. So instead of a 1 hour flight, we had a 3 and a half hour bus ride, and they wouldn't let us stop for food before getting on that bus. They said they would provide food for us, but while we were waiting for the car seat that never came, they distributed all the food and we missed out. So we had a 2 year old and a 4 year old, we had been traveling for more than 24 hours by that point, the kids hadn't eaten, nor slept, and without a car seat, we wouldn't be legal driving one of the kids home, and we were facing another 3 and a half hours on a bus. Awful awful awful. I remember standing at the baggage claim waiting for the car seat, and my 2 year old was inconsolable, and I was standing there rocking him and singing to him softly while everyone in the baggage area stared at the screaming toddler. I finally managed to get him to fall asleep on my shoulder, and my 4 year old fell asleep in the 2 year old's stroller, and we had to push the stroller, carry the toddler, AND manage the luggage to get on that bus. And they didn't give any sort of refund for the lost flight. We have vowed never to fly KLM/martinair ever again!
I hope you've made it home by now!! Be safe! You'll get there eventually, and Disney is worth it, right?
@Songbird76 you really should write a book. You just can not make this stuff up!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Congrats to your son! Hope you're home by now and thanks for another fun report!
Thanks so much.
You know what is funny? I could have rented a car in Baltimore and driven home before the flight even left. But it was raining and who wants to drive in rain after a long day of travel?
Don't you mean Snark Queen ?

(@Darstarr and @Tuvalu are the front runners - not me!!)

Max
Ummm. Perhaps we should say Snark Person or Snark Royalty so as not to offend anyone with gender titles?
And you are top 3!
eugene levy pop GIF by Schitt's Creek

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Wow 9 pages already. I am late but here. 😀
Welcome @Disstevefan1 !
@Darstarr...I think this is Disney's way of trying to make it easier to eat there...who was it that said it's hard to eat at Disney World? Ask and you shall receive! When Darstarr talks, people listen!
This is funny.

Beach club really needed something like this. I think they expected people to eat at Epcot, which you can not if you don't have a pass to get in, or over at the Boardwalk which does not have many offerings. So it is nice to see them try to accommodate their guests.

Now, if Epcot could do something about those ugly harmonious barges!
Hey Disney, you listening???
hear big bang GIF by Channel 9

Songbird76

@Songbird76 you really should write a book. You just can not make this stuff up!
I'd actually love to write a book....but I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start!! But no, you really can not make this stuff up. And that isn't even the weirdest part of that trip. We stayed with a friend of mine on that trip and she had pet ducks that lived in her house. The one wore diapers.
DSCF2001.JPG

When we were packing up to leave, my husband took a load to the car and forgot to close the door behind him and the duck got out. My friend had not gotten around to clipping his wings, so he was able to fly away, and of course a domesticated duck can't survive in the wild. So instead of a fun goodbye, we felt SO guilty that my husband let out her baby and she had to go wading in water that maybe had alligators in it to get the duck back and we spent our ride to the airport worrying that either she or the duck was going to be eaten by an alligator. By the time we got home, we were emotionally and physically exhausted between all the flight issues and the duck, though the flight issues kind of felt like karma. I was soooo mad at my husband because she had warned us to please make sure to close the door behind us, and what does he do? Leave it wide open like he was raised in a barn.

BigDis

I'd actually love to write a book....but I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start!! But no, you really can not make this stuff up. And that isn't even the weirdest part of that trip. We stayed with a friend of mine on that trip and she had pet ducks that lived in her house. The one wore diapers. View attachment 548371

When we were packing up to leave, my husband took a load to the car and forgot to close the door behind him and the duck got out. My friend had not gotten around to clipping his wings, so he was able to fly away, and of course a domesticated duck can't survive in the wild. So instead of a fun goodbye, we felt SO guilty that my husband let out her baby and she had to go wading in water that maybe had alligators in it to get the duck back and we spent our ride to the airport worrying that either she or the duck was going to be eaten by an alligator. By the time we got home, we were emotionally and physically exhausted between all the flight issues and the duck, though the flight issues kind of felt like karma. I was soooo mad at my husband because she had warned us to please make sure to close the door behind us, and what does he do? Leave it wide open like he was raised in a barn.
Okay, I will ask because we all want/need to know. Was your friend able to bring her duck home safely?

Songbird76

Okay, I will ask because we all want/need to know. Was your friend able to bring her duck home safely?
Yes, it took her a couple of days, but she tracked him down in a swampy area and waded in to get him. He was still wearing his diaper, which by that time was completely waterlogged and he couldn't fly anymore because of the weight of it. But she got him home and they were both fine, if a little shaky. I still feel so bad about it, and it was over 10 years ago!

The thing is that duck LOVED my husband and followed him everywhere. That's my husband in the picture with the duck on his back. As soon as my husband would sit down or lie down somewhere, Yerps would perch either on or beside him. So when he went out the door, Yerps followed. Had it been one of the kids or me, Yerps might not have even noticed. But the moment my husband went out and didn't close the door, there was no way he wasn't going outside. If he had died, I'd never have been able to show my face again. I was afraid my friend would never talk to me again! But we're still good friends...I think it helped that everything turned out ok.

Last edited:
Hello friends and lurkers.

For those who don’t know me, and as a refresher for those who do, hi. I am Darstarr. A California native now living on Long Island and p*ssed off about it😂

My last trip was for my birthday in March but I did not do a proper TR for that. If I had, it would have been called The ONE where I find all the glitches. Or The ONE where I change my name to Venelope. Yeah, I like that one.
There are some random photos and drunken @wdisney9000 posts from the March trip in my February TR. If you haven't read that one I suggest you skip to the end. That’s when it really gets good😂🍻🥂🍹🍾

So why am I going for one day? Well, because I want to? I can? I need new flatware?
All of the above.

Again, some of you know, my oldest son goes to school and plays lacrosse in southern Florida. His season usually starts in February. But it didnt. By my birthday trip in March they were getting ready to start but his conference would not allow spectators.
Tom Cruise What GIF

I know. Makes no sense right? An outdoor sport in Florida!!! We were allowed to go to our other two boys football games here in New York. Up is down, down is up.

Wednesday I am driving home from work and my husband calls me:
“Did you check your email?”
“Dude” (yes I say dude, Californian remember?) “I am driving”.
Him: “They are allowing two spectators per player starting Saturday.”
Me: “Book flights I am on my way home!!!”
My husband, now known as Tone thanks to 9000 and his lovely wife, C, is staying on Florida for work. (And he will go to Wednesdays game as long as he is still around😉).

When I was shopping in HWS on my last day back in March I found some really cute flatware with Mickey’s on them. I wanted to buy a set or three but did not think I could get them home in my carry on. Remember my friend R, the shopper? (From my Poly trip in Sept with the shower that spit 🔥) R found me a set at a Disney store here on the Island. Said store checked all other LI stores and there are no more to be had. So I suggested to Tone that we drive up to WDW and I can get two more sets. And while we are there we will hit up Epcot. Then, I can leave from MCO. Easy peasy.

We booked our flights after dinner on Wednesday. Then I looked at DVC availability. Tone suggested OKW so I booked it.
I could not sleep all night. I had buyers remorse. I did not want to stay at OKW. OKW is a lovely resort but it is not a one night kinda place. I wanted Boardwalk and I had seen a one BR when I was searching. We didn’t need a one BR but that was ok. In the morning I checked DVC and it was gone.
Luke Skywalker Reaction GIF

But there was a one BR at Beach Club so I booked that!
Yay!!!

(Disclaimer: I checked to make sure there was park pass availability before booking a room.)

I will try and report live. Since it is only a one day trip to WDW I won’t drag it out😂

If anything peculiar or funny or interesting or delicious happens before we get to wdw I will share because I am good like that😎

Lastly, there are going to be quite a few Magicians around wdw this weekend. If you see me please please please say hello!!!
Love the beginning, and will read the rest later. Meanwhile, the burning question is, what is the mysterious Magician mention.
(Catch that nice alliteration there?)

lindawdw

Late To The Party GIF by MOODMAN
But better late than never! You certainly packed a lot into those two days in FL!!! Congrats to your son on his award. So fun that you got to meet up with some magicians on the trip. Loved all your storytelling. Glad you made it home safely after your flight cancellation in Baltimore! Do you have anymore WDW trips planned in the near future??? I arrive on 4/25-5/2!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom