Trip Report The ONE© that was ONE (day.)April 2021 *Complete

Hello friends and lurkers.

For those who don’t know me, and as a refresher for those who do, hi. I am Darstarr. A California native now living on Long Island and p*ssed off about it😂

My last trip was for my birthday in March but I did not do a proper TR for that. If I had, it would have been called The ONE where I find all the glitches. Or The ONE where I change my name to Venelope. Yeah, I like that one.
There are some random photos and drunken @wdisney9000 posts from the March trip in my February TR. If you haven't read that one I suggest you skip to the end. That’s when it really gets good😂🍻🥂🍹🍾

So why am I going for one day? Well, because I want to? I can? I need new flatware?
All of the above.

Again, some of you know, my oldest son goes to school and plays lacrosse in southern Florida. His season usually starts in February. But it didnt. By my birthday trip in March they were getting ready to start but his conference would not allow spectators.
Tom Cruise What GIF

I know. Makes no sense right? An outdoor sport in Florida!!! We were allowed to go to our other two boys football games here in New York. Up is down, down is up.

Wednesday I am driving home from work and my husband calls me:
“Did you check your email?”
“Dude” (yes I say dude, Californian remember?) “I am driving”.
Him: “They are allowing two spectators per player starting Saturday.”
Me: “Book flights I am on my way home!!!”
My husband, now known as Tone thanks to 9000 and his lovely wife, C, is staying on Florida for work. (And he will go to Wednesdays game as long as he is still around😉).

When I was shopping in HWS on my last day back in March I found some really cute flatware with Mickey’s on them. I wanted to buy a set or three but did not think I could get them home in my carry on. Remember my friend R, the shopper? (From my Poly trip in Sept with the shower that spit 🔥) R found me a set at a Disney store here on the Island. Said store checked all other LI stores and there are no more to be had. So I suggested to Tone that we drive up to WDW and I can get two more sets. And while we are there we will hit up Epcot. Then, I can leave from MCO. Easy peasy.

We booked our flights after dinner on Wednesday. Then I looked at DVC availability. Tone suggested OKW so I booked it.
I could not sleep all night. I had buyers remorse. I did not want to stay at OKW. OKW is a lovely resort but it is not a one night kinda place. I wanted Boardwalk and I had seen a one BR when I was searching. We didn’t need a one BR but that was ok. In the morning I checked DVC and it was gone.
Luke Skywalker Reaction GIF

But there was a one BR at Beach Club so I booked that!
Yay!!!

(Disclaimer: I checked to make sure there was park pass availability before booking a room.)

I will try and report live. Since it is only a one day trip to WDW I won’t drag it out😂

If anything peculiar or funny or interesting or delicious happens before we get to wdw I will share because I am good like that😎

Lastly, there are going to be quite a few Magicians around wdw this weekend. If you see me please please please say hello!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It was an L😞
But we played the team that is ranked 2 in the country ( depending on poll) and we are 17 (again depending on poll). And it was 6-7. So not too shabby. It still hurts 😞
D9025789-47DC-48F8-9CEC-5FF81947A003.jpeg

and it is starting to rain😂😂😂

Also, look at my shirt. The school mascot has a mask😂

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Was it your son? ;)
No but...it must be a college boy thing!

Also, good story...
We are not allowed to tailgate on campus so we all met up at a local bar. There is a kid on the team who lives local and his parents are great (had my son for Easter). We were giving her a ride from the bar to the game. At the school security booth we had to show ID...she didnt have her wallet. She had paid for the last round just before going to the ladies room (while I finagled some togo cups😉). We rushed back to the bar. I found her wallet in the garbage can minus the money. (Only $60 but really!) All CC were there but come on people!
So much for good karma🤷‍♀️

slipperalwaysfits

Now I have a 5:30pm flight with a stopover in Baltimore which I will probably regret as it adds another hour and a half or so but it was $23 dollars cheaper so yay!! And I get pool time. (Plus I made another park pass for Epcot to spend the $23. I mean, Epcot is right there so it’s a no brainer!)
YAY!!!!!!!!1 You get a pool day and a few extra magical hours in EPCOT! :geek: :geek: :geek:
Breakfast: bacon egg n cheese
Great pre-flight food!
It was an L😞
But we played the team that is ranked 2 in the country ( depending on poll) and we are 17 (again depending on poll). And it was 6-7. So not too shabby. It still hurts
Bummer about the L, but at least you got to cheer your son on in person! Playing the #2 team in the nation in a close game is nothing to be too bummed about! I'm excited for you and your son they are ranked!
Also, good story...
We are not allowed to tailgate on campus so we all met up at a local bar. There is a kid on the team who lives local and his parents are great (had my son for Easter). We were giving her a ride from the bar to the game. At the school security booth we had to show ID...she didnt have her wallet. She had paid for the last round just before going to the ladies room (while I finagled some togo cups😉). We rushed back to the bar. I found her wallet in the garbage can minus the money. (Only $60 but really!) All CC were there but come on people!
So much for good karma
HOW FRUSTRATING!! I'm so glad you managed to find the wallet and her id/cc's. Stinks that the cash was gone, how rude of someone to just think it's theirs and can take it. Wallet money is NOT "finders keepers." Pennies on the ground, however...

Did your son have to play in the rain, thanks to the Rain Goddess? :geek::joyfull:

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
No but...it must be a college boy thing!

Also, good story...
So much for good karma🤷‍♀️
At least she got her ID and cards back. Cancelling credit cards in this day is such a huge pain!!!! You never realize how many things your cards are tied to until you have to replace them :arghh:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
YAY!!!!!!!!1 You get a pool day and a few extra magical hours in EPCOT! :geek: :geek: :geek:

Great pre-flight food!

Bummer about the L, but at least you got to cheer your son on in person! Playing the #2 team in the nation in a close game is nothing to be too bummed about! I'm excited for you and your son they are ranked!

HOW FRUSTRATING!! I'm so glad you managed to find the wallet and her id/cc's. Stinks that the cash was gone, how rude of someone to just think it's theirs and can take it. Wallet money is NOT "finders keepers." Pennies on the ground, however...

Did your son have to play in the rain, thanks to the Rain Goddess? :geek::joyfull:
I really hope I get pool time and not rain time.

Also, you do know I can hear you, right?!?😂😂😂
And to answer your question, it did not start raining until we were safely in our cars. Thank you very much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom