the old feeling is gone.... or at least reduced a lot..

BuddyThomas

Being honest, the amount that negative comments have grown the last few years have surprised even me.

Edit; the amount of negativity in general.
Says the one who called me a "dip weed" (whatever the hell that is) and then edited it to call me a "silly billy" (whatever the hell that is). Sounds pretty hypocritical to me!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I realize that with that comment, you think you are being a sarcastic genius (you are not), but if all of you whining complainers would actually stop going instead of continuing to go and continuing to whine and complain, then maybe things would change.

Number of WDW trips planned: 0
Number of Disney cruises planned: 0
Number of trips to other Disney theme parks planned: 0

Number of trips planned to non-Disney locations: at least 1, probably 2 more in the works.

Chi84

Premium Member
Because although this is an era of people ignoring facts in favor of what they want to hear, perhaps a few will get the message and start to wonder what it must have been like. Otherwise they think it has always been this way when it hasn't. Besides if one doesn't want to read anything that shatters their image or sounds negative it is a very simple process to NOT click onto a thread that is titled "the old feeling is gone or at least reduced a lot"! There was a time when I was sweet enough on Disney to give every one diabetes, but I'm old enough know to be objective and know what is good and what isn't. I am a little bitter but not without a good reason.
I perfectly understand why people want to let others know how WDW used to be better for them and commiserate on how it's changed. I was just asking about your statement that people are obligated to let newer guests know how things used to be or "nothing at all will happen." What do you think will happen if you let people know what WDW used to be - do you think it will make a difference to those planning to go there?

I'm just asking because I know what happens when I try to tell my kids about how certain things used to be better and how much they have changed for the worse. They get the same glazed over look that I used to give my mom when she told me how certain things used to be better and how much they had changed for the worse.

Tony the Tigger

I don't mind paying for FastPass. I'm used to it as most other parks do it. I just wish they went the Universal route instead. No return times and let people get in line whenever they want.
Yeah, Genie doesn’t seem great, but I didn’t buy/experience it last time I went.

See, I can be objective about things without the “magic is gone” drama.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't mind paying for FastPass. I'm used to it as most other parks do it. I just wish they went the Universal route instead. No return times and let people get in line whenever they want.
The system couldn’t handle that (it was mooted). Imagine if half the BTM pass holders for that day all turned up at noon. Faat pass and genie were both designed to spread our demand as part of their remit.

Jrb1979

The system couldn’t handle that (it was mooted). Imagine if half the BTM pass holders for that day all turned up at noon. Faat pass and genie were both designed to spread our demand as part of their remit.
I think it could handle it. It would have a limited amount available. Make it $120 a person and limit it to 10% of guests a day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think it could handle it. It would have a limited amount available. Make it $120 a person and limit it to 10% of guests a day.
There in lies a problem with genie. It was also designed to make as much profit as possible in addition to the FP/+ goals. There’s a reluctant admittance in Burbank that the system doesn’t work. It remains to be seen how they plan to “fix” it.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Those of us that have seen the best times are obligated to let the newer guest know what they are missing
To what end, though? If newer guests enjoy the product, whom does it benefit to tell them, “Well, it used to be so much better”?

For what it’s worth, I am not a newer guest and still really enjoy WDW (or at least what I experienced the last time I went, which was in February 2020).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom