The official lineup for this year's 'Eat to the Beat Concert Series' announced

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
EVery year, more and more bands that were big when I was growing up turn up on this list. That makes me feel old.

NORMNB8S

EVery year, more and more bands that were big when I was growing up turn up on this list. That makes me feel old.

Amen to that!

We were there last October and Boyz II Men was performing. We didn't watch the performance, but we did get a kick out of watching the women that were literally in tears with excitement for seeing those guys.

Bolt

Love the line up this year! I think they are learning that those 90's acts draw in huge crowds.

fmingo36

Thanks Steve!

Seems like a lot of repeat performers from previous years. Looks like I'll be mo-mo-mo-motoring with Night Ranger the first weekend of Festival. :D

maxairmike

First three weeks are great, although after seeing Sugar Ray at Universal and how much of his between song stuff wouldn't be allowed at Disney, I wonder how funny he'll actually be. Definitely looking forward to Survivor and Smash Mouth!

neoshinok

Sister Hazel

I saw Sister Hazel last year, watched every set, they are amazing. I had their album 'Somewhere More Familiar' when I was a kid, loved it, and somehow missed out on all the subsequent albums. After seeing them at F&W 2011, I've bought every album (Chasing Daylight is my favorite), seen them two more times, and will definitely see them again at this years Eat to the Beat! Just a suggestion if you're unsure who to see this year:)

Here's a video of their finale last year, when they brought all their kids onstage to sing along! Really nice moment...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiIk9sHtzJw&feature=related

Heres's one I filmed of a medley of a bunch of their songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8acIm9MaEs

PecosBill

Same boring throwback bands every year - I know it's "free" entertainment, but I wish a world-class theme park would provide world-class entertainment instead of these state fair relics.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I noticed that they were running acts every night of the week....seems as though last year it was Fri thru Sunday. Is this a change, or am I just having a "senior" moment?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

71jason

This has slowly evolved into a Gen X version of the Flower Power series--looking at it as that, hard to imagine a more solid line-up. Glad to see Blues Traveler and Dennis DeYoung join the roster.

maxairmike

Same boring throwback bands every year - I know it's "free" entertainment, but I wish a world-class theme park would provide world-class entertainment instead of these state fair relics.

Call me crazy, but I'd much rather see these bands than most of the stuff being pumped out by current "artists," and I'm only in my early 20s. The moment ke$ha and that kind of stuff finds its way into the concert lineup... :hurl:

Now, if they could score TSO for some help with the Candlelight Processional... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom