The Official Albums Of 2008!!!

Mr.EPCOT

How much was the CD ?

$24.98.

Here's my opinions of the new tracks:
Disc Two - 18) CTX Theme- Extended from the track that was on the previous album, not unpleasant, very environmental I'd say, but it seems like it could be BGM for anywhere in Animal Kingdom, nothing really distinguishing about it.

Disc Two - 15) Lights, Motors, Action!- All I have to say is that I am so happy it's not the music while you're waiting for the show. It's the actual score from the action sequences. It's decent, it does the job that it needs to for the show, but isn't really anything special.

Disc Two - 9) The Three Caballeros (Gran Fiesta Tour)- More or less just the theme song from the movie, rewritten for the attraction. I enjoy the movie, but in the context of EPCOt: :hurl:.

Disc Two - 8) Reflections of China- Awesome addition to the album! Beautiful music from this relatively recently updated Circle-Vision movie!

Disc Two - 5) Canada (You're a Lifetime Journey)- In addition to the new version of the theme song, this track starts with some of the very lovely, relaxing pre-show music. I've always loved the original version of the song, and since the new one is just kind of whatever, the atmospheric music certainly makes up for that.

Disc Two - 1) The Seas with Nemo & Friends- Consists of the score through the ride, culminating in the attractions version of Big Blue World. The score is very pleasant, not as much as the Canada score, but still nice. What's disappointing is that Big Blue World is a mix of all of the vocals throughout the finale, and it just doesn't sound good to me.

Disc One - 16) Spaceship Earth- Ladies and gentlemen, this is your $25 right here. This track is 10 minutes, and is essentially a ride-through. However, there are some apparent omissions in the track, if my memory serves me right. Most of this music is BEAUTIFUL. In fact there are some parts of the ride that doesn't do the corresponding music justice. The beginning, for example, which is the outside BGM followed by the music from the ascent, is perfect EPCOT Center music. The track moves on to the score from in and around the Egypt/Phoenicians scene. I'm not sure if there is different music for the Greek and Rome scenes, if so, I don't think it's in this track. From here, it goes to the blaring Sistine Chapel chorus, which I'm still not a fan. Oddly enough, this is followed by the Renaissance score, which would actually precede the Sistine Chapel in the ride. The Industrial Revolution is next, which a fun, upbeat piece. Omitted in the track that would go in this spot would be the music in the brand new computer room. Next up is the Matrix music, which on CD is more blatantly a rip-off (or homage) of Don Davis score from the movie. Now is another odd reversal, it seemingly has some of the descent music before the Earth in space part. It could just be a creative decision, as the Earth music seems better to end the track. Also, I believe some of the descent score is left out, from while you're watching your cartoon. All in all, great music, I think the new main theme for Spaceship Earth is just golden, and this CD really gives it a chance to shine. Just listening to it in my car, it is extremely powerful, sounds a lot better than coming out of the speakers at the actual park, you can hear the subtlety in everything.

dazzer68

I would implore anyone who wants the new OA, but can't make it to the parks to buy it there, to call WDW merchandise and to NOT buy it from eBay, laughingplacestore.com, etc. You aren't saving any money buying it secondhand.
thats all very weel for the folks that live in the usa, but not for those of us overseas in the uk, ebay is out only option, as its not our disney shopping site and the usa disney site charge too much to ship overseas.
so ebay it is, and ive ordered my copy from twistedfairytale, and am happy with the service.its not second hand, its brand new wrapped up.

ofquietstars

and the usa disney site charge too much to ship overseas.

If it makes you feel any better, Disney charges too much to ship within the USA, too. I've purchased from DL DelivEars and WDW Mail Order in the past, and they've charged $10 to ship a single CD. Disney is pretty slow to ship, too. And I've often received items laying on the bottom of a gigantic box with no form of protection - one size apparently fits all as far as Disney's shipping department is concerned.

I buy from third party sellers on Amazon all the time, mostly used CDs, and I'm often amazed at how much faster I get my order from Joe Blow as compared to something I've ordered directly from Amazon's zillion dollar warehouse(s).

eBay might cost a few extra dollars, depending on who you order from, but there is something to be said for not having to wait on hold, hoping that Disney ends up sending you the right item, and that it doesn't take 3 weeks to arrive.

dazzer68

yes i agree with the psoter above, i have purchased items from all the above, and buyer something from a 3rd party is so much quicker that the supplier! and cheaper too.i ordered something overseas from disney shopping was tracking it for 4 weeks and it hadnt even left the warehouse!, then emailed to tell me two items were out of stock, after waiting 4 weeks. ebay is best sorry id rather pay extra and get it quicker

Jorden

It's been in stock at the Canada pavilion for the past few days as well (only maybe 15 copies actually arrived so there's maybe only 6-8 left at this point).

EpcotMark

$24.98.

Here's my opinions of the new tracks:

Disc One - 16) Spaceship Earth- All in all, great music, I think the new main theme for Spaceship Earth is just golden, and this CD really gives it a chance to shine. Just listening to it in my car, it is extremely powerful, sounds a lot better than coming out of the speakers at the actual park, you can hear the subtlety in everything.

I disagree. I thought the Jeremy Irons narration music was much more inspiring and memorable. Particularly that Bach Brandenburg Concerto type piece that builds in the renaissance and the Bach Sinfonia variation at the end. The new music seems more incidental than thematic. And there is no climax to the new stuff.

Mr.EPCOT

I disagree. I thought the Jeremy Irons narration music was much more inspiring and memorable. Particularly that Bach Brandenburg Concerto type piece that builds in the renaissance and the Bach Sinfonia variation at the end. The new music seems more incidental than thematic. And there is no climax to the new stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I love love love the entire Jeremy Irons score. The main thematic work for Spaceship Earth now is superb. However, the pieces of music from the Dawn of Time through the Sistine Chapel are very lackluster. The Jeremy Irons score worked much better overall, but to give credit where credit is due, the new main theme is just simply beautiful.

TheDisneyMagic

Don't get me wrong, I love love love the entire Jeremy Irons score. The main thematic work for Spaceship Earth now is superb. However, the pieces of music from the Dawn of Time through the Sistine Chapel are very lackluster. The Jeremy Irons score worked much better overall, but to give credit where credit is due, the new main theme is just simply beautiful.

The new theme is truely beautiful, I love hearing it in the line waiting to get inside Space Ship Earth, but in my opinion the previous score beats the pants of the current one.

wvdisneyfamily

I love The Official Albums! I'm going to get mine today but I won't be listening to parts of it until after my June trip. I want to be totally surprised by the new SSE sounds.

fizzle75

Sweet!!!:sohappy:

I must have looked in every single shop on property during our April trip in hopes that I would find the new Official Album.

WDW Mail Order...here I come!

Does anybody have a pic of the front and back of the cd that they can post?

Epcotservo?

EpcotServo

Does anybody have a pic of the front and back of the cd that they can post?

Epcotservo?

Me?

No, no. nah. no way jose!

Here you go.

FRONT:

picture.php

BACK:

picture.php

:wave:

dxwwf3

I wish they would have the option just to buy disc 2 at a discounted price :lol:

There is really nothing new on the first disc, but there are a couple of tracks on the 2nd disc that I would like.

marypoppins68

I finally found it today! :sohappy: I found it at Mickeys of Hollywood at the Studios. They only had a few copies. I went to World of Disney later and couldn't find it there, so, you better buy it when you find it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom